The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Sorry that I didn't play the way you wanted me to play.🙄

SweetTerror
SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

While I do agree that straight up face camping is ridiculous, hearing survivors complain about such things like tunneling, proximity camping, Moris, etc, drives me nuts.

SWF acts like a passive fifth perk forcing Killers to do whatever they can to counter survivors constantly being fed information, even after their teammates have died. And hearing people complain because you weren't a nice killer just makes me laugh. You're supposed to be terrified of the killer, but in-between swf, new parts, good perks, and good teamwork, it can be much scarier playing as the killer, especially with matchmaking the way it is.

Killers kill, survivors survive. Doesn't get more simple than that.

Comments

• bingbongboi90
    bingbongboi90 Member Posts: 576

Yeah the only behaviour i dont approve is face camping. All the other things survivor complains are strategys it doesn't matter what they think.

Sometimes it is way smarter to Stay at the hook if you know that all the other survivors are near.

But i never cared about the endgame chat because a lot of players are delusional when they lose.

• SweetTerror

I usually run BBQ for the bloodpoints but if I hook someone and notice that no one is highlighted, that usually means they're close by, so yeah absolutely I'll stay within the vicinity!

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Well, they all suck to have happen to them. Seriously, play nothing but survivor for two months straight, and you'll see everything they all complain about.

There really aren't that many SWF groups, and not all of them use comms. Respectfulnancymain and I occasionally play together and we don't use Xbox Party Chat at all. The whole SWF thing just sounds like an excuse at this point.

As for your last little sentence, the titles of the roles are misleading. Killer is a much snappier and more catching title than Torturer, Tormentor, Hunter or any other similar thing. Same goes for Survivor, since it could be changed to Victim and it'd have a similar description to the actual gameplay. I know that heaps of people don't care about it, but look at what the Pip system asks of you: HURT Survivors, Hook them, keep them off generators. Kill them when the time is right. I can guarantee you that it is entirely possible to rank up to Rank 1 (theoretically so don't go biting my head off!) without actually killing anyone as far as I know. I made it to red while dying in heaps of my games because I play to my objectives. There is more than one way to play killer, and more people should branch out from the typical skulls-on-the-end-screen mentality.

• SweetTerror

Yeah this is your game just as much as it is theirs, so play the game the way you want to play it, and pay no mind to those that bellow that you didn't do things the "right way".

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

To be fair BBQ has so many counters now that hide your aura its never guaranteed they are close.

What those who complained about the perk failed to realise was BBQ was designed to help with camping and without seeing aura's a lot of killers will do just what you do.

• Mortilla
    Mortilla Member Posts: 6

My interpretation is that people have a hard time in this game because of its competitive nature; they forget about having fun and instead focuses on God knows what.

Last time I was receiving flack was from my own "teammates" because I was doing the pallets wrong.

Happy times. 🙃

• SweetTerror

Actually I play both survivor and killer equally, and so long as the killer doesn't just straight up face camp me on the hook, then I find everything else to be fair game. If a teammate unhooks me while the killer is close by and they don't have borrowed time, than I can't blame the Killer choosing to go for the person that's injured and not the healthy person.

• PigMainClaudette

I can and do. I normally take the trade and punish the one who unhooked in my face, since THEY were the ones to make the stupid mistake. Normally it's easy enough to get a hit in too so both are injured, and if I so happen to get the unhooked one, I'll just slug them.

• SweetTerror

True they could be in a locker, but if no one shows up as being highlighted, then it's highly doubtful that everyone is hiding. Most likely they were working together, so I'll go and search within the vicinity.

• JustCats
    JustCats Member Posts: 298
    edited June 2020

The fact that "tunneling" and "proxy camping" are even things just bewilders me. The whole reason you make so much noise is so you're easier to find. You're supposed to be vulnerable in that state, it's the whole point. Obviously if I'm not otherwise occupied I'm coming back to the hook after a rescue, obviously I'm going to try to find the injured one if I can, obviously I'm going to target people who've already had hooks if I have the choice. The fact that so many survivors unhook the moment I turn a corner when I'm not engaged with anything/anyone else isn't my fault. Anything less is straight up killer malpractice. This idea that a I need to completely abandon a hook like it never happened or somehow doesn't actually contain the most vulnerable prey and I should be trying to run as far away from it as possible or that I should prioritize healthy never been hooked survivors in chases or that I need to go for the obvious bait chase and get pulled off the one who has largely exhausted their options or else I'm a scummy player is ridiculous.

Like, why isn't it a thing where I can complain that I kicked a generator and the survivors didn't let it regress back down to zero? How come survivors aren't expected to stop doing gens while I'm in a chase because I'm currently busy and unable to come stop them?

Is it because it would be a ludicrous thing to suggest that a "fair" player gets there by intentionally throwing the game, and if they don't they're being unsportsmanlike and scummy?

• SweetTerror

Which is why I'm hoping this new matchmaking system gets rid of ranks all together. People get too obsessed over pips. Everyone needs to go back to having fun.

• Mortilla
    Mortilla Member Posts: 6

Agreed.

It's pointless and the only real outcome is toxic behavior. Here's hoping that they do get rid of it. 🙂

• SweetTerror

I like your analogy about comparing generators to healthy survivors. 😄

• Flatskull
    Flatskull Member Posts: 332
    edited June 2020

If you're getting tunneled the moment you're off the hook then people are unhooking you too close to the killer or not protecting you after unhooking you which they should be doing.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

Are you seriously suggesting that Killers shouldn't kill and that's some alternative play style?

• Cabbage
    Cabbage Member Posts: 349

Why I’m glad Xbox doesn’t have an end game chat

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Or they decided to tunnel. I can't tell you how many times I've seen killers abandon a chase the moment the unhook happens. Who will do everything they can to bypass the rescuer to go for the person just off the hook. If I see the killer coming back after I unhook I will run head long at them. Half the time they'll ignore me or hit me and keep after the person off the hook. So it's not always they aren't protecting you.

• JustCats

So... instead of taking the obvious bait they go after the vulnerable one?

I mean, I don't know what you expect a killer to do besides ignore an objectively preferable alternative specifically for the benefit of the opposing team.

• JustCats

Give me some other way to prevent the survivors from escaping and sure, I'll branch out. Bloodpoints are meaningless to me aside from the grind and I couldn't care less about pipping or a random ranking number that nobody sees until the end of the game. I'm in the trial to try and make sure nobody escapes and the only means I have to do that is to try to kill them all.

• JustCats

Give me some other way to prevent the survivors from escaping and sure, I'll branch out. Bloodpoints are meaningless to me aside from the grind and I couldn't care less about pipping or a random ranking number that nobody sees until the end of the game. I'm in the trial to try and make sure nobody escapes and the only means I have to do that is to try to kill them all.

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578

Survivors complain about being camped, tunneling and ebony mori. Killers whine about everything and want everything survivor related to be nerfed. Simple as that.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428
    edited June 2020

So you complain because many don’t appreciate a specific style of playing while abusing game built in mechanics and then proceed to also complaining about SWF because you are actually in the receiving end of that. Sounds about right.

“I mean I know this is broken and it sucks but.....LOOK OVER THERE!”

• MadArtillery
    MadArtillery Member Posts: 826

Ya survivors ######### all the time. Just have a little bit of fun with insidious and see how they react. That poor Claudette at the exit gate.

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289
    edited June 2020

I seem to recall a but load number of killers also complaining😱.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

Just let it all out OP, you will feel much better.

• Flatskull
    Flatskull Member Posts: 332

That's not protecting your team mate. That's a bait and it's very obvious bait. Which is why most killers, even if they weren't going to tunnel the rescued, will probably do so. They probably think you're extremely confident that your injury boost will carry you to a strong,safe loop or stacking certain perks to make sure the chase is strecthed out. Especially after you pull a risky unhook in their TR or as they're coming up to you.

What you want to do is directly run behind your unhooked and attempt to body block for them-or if you're skilled enough run along side them then dive in for a surprise body block- Because in this scenario your rescued is protected and the killer can't do nothing. The killer HAS to hit you unless they pull some mad mind japes.

Or just carry burrowed time. I don't know.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

SURPRISE! Double standards at its best again, by a killer main.

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505

What makes me laugh about it all is the fact that a lot of the time, if you are being genrushed, sometimes the best strat is to proxy someone to at least struggle while guarding a certain couple gens close by. Then they say they were just "doing their objective", but apparently killing survivors also being your objective is meaningless when you do something similar and force kills.

Here's a tip - click the button collapse the post-game chat. After that, take that Killer Rule book so many killers try to play by (you know, the one written by entitled survivors) and burn it. Straight up, throw it in a fire hotter than hell itself. Survivors don't give a crap whether or not the killer has fun. You shouldn't go out of your way to make their games fun either. Play the game, and if you want to play to win, play to win. Screw anyone to shames you for it.

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545

I can empathise with OP. The penultimate game I played I managed to get 2 survivors hooked on hooks close to each other, and knowing bait would come I observed from a way back to see them as they ran for the save. Sure enough, Cheryl charge in, so I pounced on her. I don't tunnel, so when she managed to free one, I downed her, let the other go and hooked her. At the end, Bitter Murmur gave her position away and she was taken down swiftly. Afterwards, I get the comment "Uninstall Camper".

From their position I can understand, but with 2 hooked close by it makes no sense to just leave them be, especially with 2 gens to go. I waited at a safe distance and only targeted the saviour. Other killers would not have let the one who was unhooked go quite so easily, as would be their right.

Basically, it's worth considering both sides before getting salty. Some killers deserve it, although it is in the rules, but others get a bad rap. This is what happens in tactical situations, and mistakes or baiting are there to be taken advantage of.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Dude, no one cares how you play. It sounds like you just want an excuse to defend your tunneling, camping, mori using tactics.

Newsflash, we have all seen it before. There's nothing new about it. If you played survivor for 2 days, you quickly learn these tactics are all part of the game, and highly probable they will be used.

Play how you want! Stop stereotyping all survivors after a few sore losers texted you.

Also, all those tactics, are the reasons swfs play swf.

This is why I think we should all play both sides, it is a more informed opinion, imho!

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505

Here we have the one who wrote the killer Rule Book.

"No one cares how you play...but excuse me as I criticize how you play even though I don't care"

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

I didn't criticize anyones play. I criticized the stereotyping of all survivors as those being the ones that cry about a particular playstyle.

My point was we have all seen it before, we are in no way surprised by any of it. If you could show me where I criticized a playstyle, I would surely apologize to OP.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,691
    edited June 2020

If you're escaping/securing kills and getting decent BP (20k+), you're playing well regardless of what anyone says.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

I generally prefer not to use BT as I do think it can be unfair at times. If they won't hit me I do everything I can to physically body block the killer from moving forward. I haven't tried the running straight behind the unhook. Maybe that would yield better results.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,691
  • Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

One thing I never do in my matches is camp or tunnel. I like to keep it a nice fair game. But, let's face it. Survivors don't care that you want it 'fair'. They'll happily stand 3 feet away as you hook someone to pull the right back off then said unhooked survivor will taunt you so you fall for the BT hit. That's when I'll happily put you right back on that hook. Any survivor that acts toxic during a match, I'll happily act it back. Give and take after all.

• PigMainClaudette

No. I'm saying that killing isn't EVERYTHING. Of the 4 emblems for killer, only ONE requires kills, and even then the killer is punished for having less hooks.

I also only said that it was theoretically possible to reach rank 1 without killing. I never said that we should do it.

• PigMainClaudette

That's fine, but it's how you go about it. I personally prefer the hunting part of killer gameplay, so people escaping doesn't get to me too much. Unless I got gen-rushed.