The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

is The Spirit a fury?

Kate_cx
Kate_cx Member Posts: 181
edited June 2020 in Lore

This might seem like a really self-explanatory question but it got me interested and thinking.

After doing some research, I found out that furies, also known as 'Erinyes' were female chthonic deities of vengeance in ancient Greek religion and mythology. A formulaic oath in the lliad invokes them as "the Erinyes, that under earth take vengeance on men, whosoever hath sworn a false oath". We know that Rin swore an oath to the entity that she would be promised blood and revenge because of her father, we also know that anyone who has Yamaoka blood is a fury. So this leads me to suggest that Rin has Erinyes ancestors who date all the way back to Greek mythology.

Of course I might just be looking into this too much, call me crazy, obsessed, ignorant, I'll probably agree. But I loved coming up with this theory <3

Edit: I can confirm from the help of other people that The Spirit is an Onryō, a vengeful Japanese spirit.

Post edited by Kate_cx on

Comments