The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How do you guys find the patience to level every single character to 50?

Orion
Orion Member Posts: 21,675
edited June 2020 in General Discussions

I only play one character, Jake, and I was lucky enough to be able to get teachables I wanted from the Shrine. Recently, however, I've wanted to get some teachables that were not in the shrine, and good god, it's a pain in the ass to level up those characters.

At least with killers, they have different play styles, so you can play them directly to get BP and it's fun because it's a different playstyle. If I want to level up Nancy, I can either play her directly and essentially throw away the perks I have on Jake, or I can play Jake and not get anything for him because all the BP is going to Nancy.

How do you guys find the patience to do it?

Comments

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756

daily missions, archives list, streamers, BBQ & Chili. Just farm and dump them into the other survivors or killers you want to level. Its a good idea in general to unlock everyone's teachables.

• Orion

I edited the title and OP. It's more a question of how you have the patience to level everyone up to 50.

• OhMyWords
    OhMyWords Member Posts: 230

never 50 survivors unless you want the perks

i used to prestige killers but now i realized that's waste of time so i just don't i save the bp up for pyramid head and then leave it i dont know why

my deathslinger is still level 1 and some killers are stuck below level 15

• SpookyStabby
    SpookyStabby Member Posts: 621

I don't. Ghost Fave, Pig and Legion were my first. Pyramid Head because I also main him now but others were strictly for perks. Spirit(Kinda use her and Nurse too) Clown, Huntress... as soon as I get those teachables I ignore them. I use the Shrine when possible but yeesh... that random luck and wait...

• rottmeister
    rottmeister Member Posts: 316
    edited June 2020

I usually play the characters I want/main and then start levelling the characters of which I want the teachables. 1 survivor at a time.

I don't think I've ever touched Adam or Jake, but I do have their teachables.

The best method I'd say is to grind as much bp's as you can and then spend them all on the character who has the teachables you want. And repeat. It's pretty tedious.

Been trying to get Iron Will, Dead Hard and Resilience on Cheryl, but it's such a pain. Game keeps putting the most useless perks in my bloodweb.

Edit: grammer

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

This is one of a few reasons why I don't run teachables on survivors...too much grind for what would amount to a skin if I did use teachables. Killers are at least unique.

• Kaiju
    Kaiju Member Posts: 530

Since I have everyone p3 50 I won't look asymmetrical. Pretty much that

• rottmeister
    rottmeister Member Posts: 316

Oh, how to find the patience? I didn't see that.

Ermm I have a few builds I main so I mostly play with those. Sometimes I mix and match some perks to create an *interesting* build.

I started playing this game with a group of friends so time flew by. I already had a great amount of teachables before I began my solo journey last september.

• MintMintz
    MintMintz Member Posts: 13

I’m not super far into the game, but I just do it instead of getting newer characters. Unless of course it’s someone like Cheryl, which I got her nurse outfit, I still plan on getting her to prestige 3. I guess the patience really comes from nowhere. I wouldn’t even call it patience. It’s just the whole fact of, “hey, you get this character to level 50, you get a decent looking outfit piece in return.” If I won’t ever play the character, then I will only get them to lvl 40, such as David, or Jake. My Claudette is pres 2, Meg pres 1, Dwight pres 1, Nea pres 1, and Cheryl pres 1. I just like the idea of having “special” outfits for everyone.

• Clinton
    Clinton Member Posts: 348

I have all survivors and killers at rank 50. I've been leveling up the survivors/killers who appear in tomes to make challenges easier.. I have most perks on all killers and probably half or so on all survivors.

Devotion 5, 43 I don't prestige

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited June 2020

I find lvling survivor to be boring. Id rather play as a killer and pour the points into the person I'm lvling. If I'm farming I always run bbq on my killer even though I prefer Whispers for tracking. As survivor, the first one I P3ed was David. Just so I would have constant access to WGLF to cut the grind down. I tend to get more points when playing killer. As survivor there's those moments where the killer never found me, people didn't get hooked so I got zero altruism, or the killer face camped me. As killer I feel I have more control over how much bp I get.

One reason I took to this game over FT13th. Each killer is actually unique. All the Jason's function the same way. Just some are better then others at somethings.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,196

Since you main killer, use whichever one makes you the most BP with and farm bloodwebs. I wouldn't ######### myself over by using fresh characters to earn BP when others do the job better. Even if you want to play survivor, just use your main.

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433

RPG games my friend,RPG games.

• Orion

I have a ######### ton of those, but I just can't bring myself to regularly play RPGs where grinding is part of the core game design and necessary if you want to win.

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704

i play surv to chill so i dont tryhard it for points. i just play killer and put the points i get from that into survs

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

You only really need to get everyone to 40. I played a lot of games, and now everyone is level 40. Pig and Meg both have every perk. Granted, on Switch we have two less characters to level. Though I do think the grind should be lessened significantly. Reduce BP cost by 1000 for each thing.

• Exor
    Exor Member Posts: 256

What I usually do is get to 1 mil BPs and then always just spend around 200k at a time, it feels so much better knowing you only need to farm 200k BPs instead of 1mil each time.

• Your_Worst_NIGHTMARE
    Your_Worst_NIGHTMARE Member Posts: 40

If you play as killer, keep barbecue & chili for bonus bp, as survivor, combine Borrowed time w/ WGLF, plus the ooferings, and luckily, a blood stream party that someone might put.

• Your_Worst_NIGHTMARE
    Your_Worst_NIGHTMARE Member Posts: 40

And, wait until you gather close to 1kk bps, then spend them.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

This. I have to do something with all those points anyway. Honestly tho i enjoy going in with nothing

• JimPickens
    JimPickens Member Posts: 158

P3ing Myers was fun. He was the first killer i ever mained and i was still new to the game and wasn't worried about leveling up anyone else. After him and i'd been playing the game for awhile I only really leveled characters to 10 for adapt and even that was a pain. I did eventually P3 ghostface because that mask, but it was a long and painful process. After about a year of playing the only other character i have at level 50 is clown because he has like 10 puddings but he hasn't got BBQ 3 yet. Im currently leveling Cheryl and she's almost level 50 but idk if ill prestige her for the same reason I'm not going to prestige clown, the perk system sucks.

I heard they were going to change the perk system to where they will all only have one level but that was months ago and it seems like the simplest QOL change they could do so im afraid they may have just scrapped the idea

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Well,there's your answer.You simply dislike grinding whereas others like it.

• Orion

Not really, no. Some people dislike the grind but still put up with it. I'm trying to understand why.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

It strikes me that killers get more blood points less pips and survivors get more pips and less blood points. Correct me if I’m off.

The grind for killer hasn’t been so bad especially with BBQ and chilli, which is almost a must as other bp boosting perks are situational And buff only one aspect where B&C can be useful on any killer and gives bonus to all bps.

The thought of doing that on survivor, ugh. Although you can spend bps on either side right? I’d probably use my killers to level my survivors.

I’ve tried survivor twice and have been carried to an escape by team mates both times. Potatoes of the world unite!

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

I almost have all my survivors P3, it sucks playing characters I don’t like but I’m a perfectionist :(

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I just play Wraith.

Got more than enough saved up on to play him for actual months without having to spend BP on him for more Add-ons.

Spending some time leveling a Killer to 40 for their Teachables is almost nothing to me.

• Thiccness123
    Thiccness123 Member Posts: 16

Lot's of hours and I spent all of last summer just playing DBD mon to fri alongside some game dev projects for university and then drinking silly on the weekends, Just hours upon hours. Took a long break from the game after that summer but I did it. Now I am doing P3 everyone lmao

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I'm similar, I play a few different survivors but Jake is the one who has every perk in case I have a specific build I want. None of my killers have every killer perk though, sadly.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,196

I don't even think about hitting 32k because getting that number means it's gonna be a long game-- 20+ minutes long. I like my games short when I'm grinding, and I can get 25k in 10 minutes with Billy.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346
    edited June 2020

I use killer bp to level everything since they make it so much faster. Even if you play poor as killer you'll get 16k+bbq you do bad as survivor and you'll leave with 3-7k. I rarely see them with much more than 20. So, I just grind out with my favorite and most reliable killer and put that bp into the characters I want the perks from. Can usually get it done decently fast. You have to have the patience to do it because if you don't get any of the good dlc perks you'll likely get steamrolled and the shrine just isn't reliable. Only thing good it's ever given me is BBQ.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

Just to put this out there: I dislike the grind. It's insanely high even compared to some MMOs. There's been a lot of threads about that, but I feel like I need to state that before this next part, because it's not all a positive thing.

The way I deal with it is I set mini goals. I've gotten all of the survivors to 40+ for their teachables, and now I'm working on killers. I think I have 6 leveled. Each time I get one to 40, it's a small accomplishment, and I decide who would be best next based on their teachables that will sync well with what I already have unlocked. Once I get everyone to 40-50, I'll decide on who I'd like to prestige based on who I play the most or just liking their costume. Idk if I'll bother to prestige more than 1 or 2 because I'd like to actually have optimal builds on my killer in a timely manner. We'll see though, it's a ways off!

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

What else to do with all BPs? Getting all survivors from lvl 1 to lvl 50 takes a couple of weeks if you play a lot. I collect around 1 million BPs per day.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Im 3 characters away from having all killers p350 😊 just demo, huntress and billy left

• Smoker101
    Smoker101 Member Posts: 52

I just grind alot a spend alot more time playing during BP events. All my survivots are lvl 40 except Jake who is P2 with all the perks(Sadly he'll never be P3) and ace who is P3 lvl 20. I would definitely P3 your killer main and get all the perks, use BBQ for the extra BP and play doc. You'll be raining in BP.

• kazakun
    kazakun Member Posts: 581

I mean there's no real point to even level them all to 50. Maybe once you have everything you want or need. I actually just asked for some suggestions on who to level first. Like you get all the teachables for a character by 40 so not much point going past that if you aren't going to use them.

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786

I’ve put a lot of hours in this game lol

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

pure willpower.

and i have gone further - besides Nurse, Hag, Pig and Pyramid Head i have everyone P3 with all perks besides Pyramid Heads (thats a work in progress)

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

I would think someone with as many hours as you would have every character maxed out by now, so this does surprise me. Nevertheless, after so many hours played and BP’s earned, I started leveling up all my characters out even ones I don’t play with.

Now I have ever character at P3 50 (yes even Cheryl and Pyramid Head), because I’m able to maximize my BP’s earned throughout my play styles without having to sacrifice any fun out of it.

It was never really a matter of “patience” I would say, it was just that I grinded so much on here I have the bloodpoints to dump into all my characters.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

P3 Killer Gang!

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    edited June 2020

My survivor main is Nea so I'll get another two survivors to lvl 40 then go to Nea and unlock their perks a bit then I'll get another one or two to lvl 40 and repeat. For killers I really wish I hadn't gotten the teachables because my new killer bloodwebs are just full of garbage perks.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

On PS4, I only had the patience to get 4 survivors to 50 by playing them. If i decide to level a survivor on PC, I'm just going to do it with killer earned bloodpoints.

I don't see how I could level each individual survivor, by actually playing them.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

When you are Survivor main you gain about 15-20k bp per game. 30-40 with double bp offering. WGLF as doubling perk doesnt work well, because it forces you to play unsafe in situations when you normally wouldn't do that (I don't mean you shouldn't be altruistic. I mean sometimes this perk may force you to make bad decisions). So you risk to end game earlier or not get all the stacks. Also this perk doesn't give any advantages so it feels like waste of perk slot. This is why you feel like the game is too much grindy.

Killers have 25-30k bp per game, 50-60k with double offering and 75-90k with doubling offering and BBQ. And rare moment when survivors bring streamers offering may give you 120-150k bp for a game or even more in theory. As Killer you gain bp much faster so you don't feel like it is grindy. As Killer you have to decide how to spend this tone of blodpoints when you already got all the teachables on Killers and Survivors. So you next goal become p3-50 every character that require an infinite amount of blood points.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

@pseudechis

Perks other than Barbecue & Chili only multiply the Bloodpoints gained during the trial from scoring events, allowing you to max out certain categories faster. However, they do not allow that category to exceed 8,000 Bloodpoints, and they do not mulitply points earned in that category post-match like Barbecue & Chili does for all categories.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904
    edited June 2020

wow that makes B&C even more valuable. Is this the same for offerings?

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862

Technically speaking, you don't need to get them to level 50, only up to level 40. Since the first teachable comes out in the bloodweb at level 30, then 35, and then 40.

I did this a long time ago where instead of getting whoever I wanted to get to P3 next, I dedicated myself to getting every characters teachables (and actually playing them too, not copping out and just playing my main and sinking the BP into those characters for their perks that's lame). Good God it was especially frustrating on killers I don't like to play like Pig, Demogorgon, Plague, Leatherface, it all sucked yeugh.

But once you've got them, hey, you've got them, and it's permanent so you get all those perks forever to use at a later date. Now all you gotta do is keep up and get the teachables right away for any new chapters, which I always do immediately ASAP nowadays. Then unlock those same new teachables for your main(s) and characters you've already gotten to P3 so they remain up to date.

...In retrospect, it's a lot, the grind is definitely an issue. But I did it, and for now it doesn't seem like they're releasing any new updates to alleviate the grind any time soon so might as well get it out of the way. My philosophy is if you're already playing, you're already grinding, so might as well get it over with so you can reap the permanent benefits for all time in the future.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Simple. I want a set build normally on a character, but either I have no luck or I use it all up in game, so my characters normally end up at level 50 and I could have reached Pres 1, Level 30 by the time I get 3 of the perks to level 3.