DBD will be Dead By December 2020.

Options
2»

Comments

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

This thread is a gem among dooms day posts.

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943
    Options

The game won't die people keep supporting it even though they don't really fix important bugs regarding the sounds and lying saying they fixed silent slugs in the patch before but still are in the game on top of no footsteps now and having iron will at random, skill checks not appearing on screen for a whole match, killers having bugs that never get fixed like nurse and her many deadzones, console optimization as a whole is a mess. I was excited for this dlc but the bugs just make the game so frustrating to play and people telling the devs about the issues with the new map and still getting released unchanged from ptb, I am taking a long break. The game is such a chore to play now because the people in charge of it seem to just be milking it now.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

DBD will be dead in June 2020!!! The world is supposed to end this Sunday...

• FogLurker
    FogLurker Member Posts: 337
    Options

DBD is to horror asymmetrical what WoW is to MMO's. Always supposedly dying, always something that will supposedly kill it, nothing ever does and it stays strong. Life goes on.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,671
    Options

*gets hit with Franklin's Demise while holding a key that was White Warded*

"Alexa, open Dead by Daylight forums - Create Topic..."

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497
    Options

I mean if sounds stay as broken as they are right now then maybe. I quit because of sound bugs. I love the game but the sound bugs are just to much now.

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953
    Options

I don't like the sound bugs but I can manage them but thing I can't manage is when I chainsaw someone with Billy and it doesn't hit. Had that happen couple of matches in a row now. Pings have all been less than 80ms on survivors and still doesn't connect.

• USELESS
    USELESS Member Posts: 1,151
    Options

To be honest, after this new map, i think BHVR will be one more of all this tragedies that are happening. Just look to the Midwich map and you will see

• ShrekTheThird69
    ShrekTheThird69 Member Posts: 327
    Options

The game isn't going to die but veteran players are getting swapped out for new ones in a sense. its more profitable to market to new players because they don't already own all of the characters or cosmetics seasoned players have.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited June 2020
    Options

Where have I heard this before?

Oh yeah, every year for the last 4 years.

You doomsdayers are really bad at predicting lol

Let us all mark it down for when OP is wrong :)

• DraconDirnc
    DraconDirnc Member Posts: 121
    edited June 2020
    Options

Tin foil hats folk get em right here. I got money says the graphics update is to get ready to release on ps5 and series x.

• notsonew
    notsonew Member Posts: 269
    edited June 2020
    Options

I know the game won't die anytime soon but please if you all devs actually really love your ######### game fix the ######### bugs and stop adding new ones! It's been 4 years, do you even know what experience is? Use it

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options

This was funny is a weird and kinda depressing way 😅.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

Death is not an escape

• OniKobayashi
    OniKobayashi Member Posts: 274
    Options

F13 will get new content before DBD dies within any time frame.

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940
    Options

Bump

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    Options

THIS GAME WILL DIE if we don't get Carl the cashier as a survivor/killer.

#Carlthecashierorbust

• hinoutoumei
    hinoutoumei Member Posts: 294
    Options

basically every "dbd killer" has died within 1 month of launch..

sure. and jesus christ is returning tomorrow.

• hinoutoumei
    hinoutoumei Member Posts: 294
    Options

hilarious ..since the silent hill chapter basically brought a lot of ppl who quit this game for almost 6 months back (cough..including myself)

mhmm.

• kazakun
    kazakun Member Posts: 581
    Options

Highly doubt it. And even if it does,it sure lasted longer than most of the competition. Plus survived in a way better state. Most of the other games are pretty much dead,or sure should be. At best we'll see a new game when the new consoles are out. At worst an upgraded port. None of the reasons given really make any sense. Ive played almost every major AAA release since I can't even remember. I never stopped playing DBD or FFXIV,my other addiction. People seem to complain about everything,and it never seems to stop a majority from playing. Some people don't care about the issues,some look past it because they love the game. Plus there's always going to be new people that don't know any better. There would have to either be some really stiff competition that people can't stay away from,or the game would have to be in an unplayable state,not just have a myriad of smaller issues.

• Khallaria
    Khallaria Member Posts: 73
    Options

Now now give them some credit. As the game stands now it won't be dead by december but we've got two mid chapter updates and 1 more chapter worth of new bugs between now and then to consider too.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

Great if any casual gamers want to queue up in December with me for auto game with no wait. I hear the lines will be short. This guy said so 👍

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

DBD's average player count and rolling 30-day peak player count on PC are currently both higher than they have ever been, at literally any point in its existence, since it was launched in 2016. The idea that it is dying, or is in a state of decline, is positively ludicrous. From a numbers standpoint, this game is super-healthy.

(That said, there is still the worrying trend of "peak player spike after new content drop, then it plummets back down again." This tells me that DBD scares away a lot of new players.)

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

Death is no escape.

• Killernewb86
    Killernewb86 Member Posts: 31
    Options

If you like DBD... try out The Isle. This game has taken so much of my time.

• mike4156
    mike4156 Member Posts: 222
    Options

I mean eventually yeah but probably not for a few more years

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940
    edited July 2020
    Options

DBD clients misconfigured to use dedicated servers for gameplay instead of stats, anti-cheating, lobbies, etc

So spaghetti code changed to fix the unfixable with...

Gen grabs survivor sided...

Quicker survivor window vaults...

Now... PTB giving survivor client sided hits (sigh)

Configure the game to use p2p for gameplay and you get less DBD warnings of death (bump).

From a survivor main *I had intended to learn how to play Billy a while ago but no longer understandably play killer unless for a daily