Stop Complaining. (Bit of a rant)

Options

I’ve seen so many forums talking about how they hate this event. And how it’s terrible.

But can we actually take a minute and appreciate what the devs have done while being at home?

People worked hard for this event to happen and not for you to complain that’s it’s too easy for killers or survivors are more toxic now. It’s an event and a secondary objective.

And I for one actually really like these cosmetics. And the system of getting it is an original idea we haven’t seen before.

It makes the game more fun as people are playing characters with less perks changing up their play style.

Then again if you don’t like it just don’t do it.

Rant over. 😌

Comments

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209
    Options

Honestly I’ve been at work so haven’t had time to test the new event but tbh it sounds fun we get another objective to do besides gens and murdering people lol

• goatslinger
    goatslinger Member Posts: 522
    Options

Good to see there are other forum members over 12 years old. The posts on the front page of this forum are very disturbing for what I assumed was mostly adults. Whining that it's not fair, whining that others got a cosmetic that they didn't earn as if it somehow affects them. It is literally a forum of things my 6 year old would whine about.

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057
    Options

"Boohoo it'll take me more than one trial to get the cosmetic, when I have 2 whole weeks to get 14 of them total, if I decide to get them on every single survivor"

That's what many people sound like.. it's ridiculous. Especially considering how many killers farm for their crowns too and will let the survivors escape as long as everyone plays along nicely. Sure you'll get killers that don't play along with the event.. but most I've encountered so far do.

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209
    Options

I mean I have to go to about page 5 to find posts that aren’t complaints about cosmetics or the event so kinda hard not to see them

• metalklok
    metalklok Member Posts: 632
    Options

yeah its just a stupid crown but everyone went full cry baby mode

• ShrekTheThird69
    ShrekTheThird69 Member Posts: 327
    Options

I actually really like the even its a fun and unique task to do along with normal gameplay. The only things i ever complain about is the endless amount of bugs that need to be fixed, otherwise nothing about this game is really so horrible and awful like some people say.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

I didn't even know there was an event. That's how much I paid attention to this game. I only jump on if friends want to play.

• thetaRama
    thetaRama Member Posts: 22
    Options

finally someone said it

• MongolPSR
    MongolPSR Member Posts: 1,032
    edited June 2020
    Options

If im shoveled crap im going to complain.

now to the less extreme way of defending the complaints. Plain and simple I think a lot of people are disappointed with the event because it wasn't well thought out. It could have been done better and probably polished to a higher degree. I don't understand why they would design a event with such a vastly different requirement for both sides. One has to play, while the other has to "win". its poorly designed but its also guarding people from grabbing crown then going to get immediately suicide hooked by the killer and moving onto the next game, they chose the lesser of two evils if you will. I however would argue then that they shouldn't have designed the event that way, think of a different concept or change you concept to better fit.

The argument that people should be appreciative because these developers did this all from their homes during a pandemic doesn't fly. if something is bad, then it's bad. Doesn't matter what conditions it was made under. The professional thing to do would be to delay the event till it was ready, not to release it half baked like they did with this event. What's worse is that this seems to be the norm for BHVR as they also released pyramid head with the konami code easter egg inaccessible to console users when it should have been easy for a code that originated on consoles to work on consoles. Again poor design.

Edit1: Also apparently the cake offerings are bugged as they don't stack and also give the wrong percentage boost to bp. How does stuff like this happen? how does something that is so easy to test slip through? It's not hard to run a private test on their dev build server to make sure that the items work appropriately before launch. That's not hard to do.

Edit2: And now im starting to see pictures of some of the killers with the crowns and they suck, they clip into the character models. The crown on spirit and oni is almost completely hidden by their hair. Again #########, how does this happen, how does this get through without them doing something to fix it.

Post edited by MongolPSR on
  • Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522
    Options

How is suicide the lesser of two evils? That would just mean that for two weeks survivor would be nearly unplayable for anyone trying to do something other than farm cosmetics.

• MongolPSR
    Options

rushed writing by my hand since im at work. I meant they chose the lesser of two evils. will fix.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Yeah its pretty ridiculous the way people behave over cosmetic items of all things. They act like babies that had their toy taken away

• Bovinity
    Options

Ah! No, I don't think your wording was all that bad, I didn't really read it that well, apparently.

• AlexoBlue
    AlexoBlue Member Posts: 46
    Options

It's called criticism, it helps to make things better.

eg:

A hundread relative says you're pretty,

your boy/girl friend says you look bad with this makeup,

will you yell at your bf/gf to shut the F up or will you think and do some criticism thinking to make a change?

Think like an adult...

😒

• Shivadeathkiss
    Shivadeathkiss Member Posts: 94
    Options

All anyone usually does in this forum is whine complain and insult people. That seems like a winning combo for most the people on this forum.

• GonTakuma
    GonTakuma Member Posts: 24
    Options

We have every right to complain.

I've looked forward to this event for weeks, I've been very actively playing DBD the past weeks. I have spared BP bonus offerings so I could synchronise them with the supposed double BP that has been in every anniversary event so far.

There was no announcement of at what exact time the event started. There is no double BP, And the extra offerings don't even work.

They have had the whole day to fix that but didnt. I have work tommorow and I don't know what DBD staff is doing, But I'l be doing actual work and fixing tommorow.

• Jasonisanicefella
    Jasonisanicefella Member Posts: 377
    Options

Well the results are not very encouraging and considering that the event BP item that has to do ONE THING, is actually bugged, the situation is ridiculous

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    Options

Ah, the classic "I'm going to complain about other people complaining."

I can't really say how I personally feel about the event, because I have yet to play it, but I mean... People can voice their opinions if they want. Isn't that kind of the point of a forum?

• Bovinity
    Options

I never understood this argument.

If someone is whining and I say, "Stop whining", coming back with "You're whining about whining!" seems really weird and nonsensical. 😂

• Huff
    Options

It's to point out the irony of making a post being unhappy about something and then doing that same exact thing. It's not weird and nonsensical at all, unless we're talking about somebody who completely lacks the ability to detect irony. Then maybe to that kind of person, it might be weird and nonsensical.

It's not an "argument." It's me saying that people have a right to voice their opinions, and pointing out the irony of complaining about complaining. Makes perfect sense to me.

• Bovinity
    Options

So if someone drops their ice cream cone and starts whining about it for an hour and I say, "Stop whining." am I now also whining?

• MongolPSR
    Options

I mean technically yes, but the question also then becomes is your complaint more valid then theirs?

• RoMainPuppy
    RoMainPuppy Member Posts: 507
    Options

Bad analogy. Are you trying to say all those other people were lying? And only BF/GF will speak the truth? Possible, but nah. Also you don't have to listen to BF/GF, you can tell em shut the frick up, I like my makeup.

Just like this event, some people are gonna say it's the next best thing since sliced bread, some people are gonna say it's absolute crap. Doesn't make one more right than the other my dude.

• Huff
    Options

That's a horrible analogy. I couldn't imagine what you mean by that.

If the implication is that the people that are voicing their dissatisfaction with the event are the "someone drops their ice cream cone" person, and this post would be the "Stop whining" then I just say that's simply framing it in a super biased way. Plenty of people I've read making comments are perfectly respectful of it. To try to frame it the way you did is just purely disingenuous so, unless you want to actually argue things without your bias, I don't really see a point to responding.

Like I said, people are allowed to voice their opinions. If you complain that they're voicing their opinions (in a place where people go to discuss things, THE FORUMS) and they're "whining" to you, then by your definition, you voicing your opinion is also whining.

If you want to just be biased though and just dismiss all the critics as "whining" then you clearly aren't open for a discussion, so feel free to respond appropriately if you're going to at all.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

I'll just go ahead and assume you mean empty complaints.

Constructive complaints are what forums like these are all about.

If we're all just patting eachother on the back here...well okay, kinda wholesome, but also kinda useless.

• AlexoBlue
    AlexoBlue Member Posts: 46
    Options

There is the possibility of all those other people were lying out of different intenions.If you are 100 percent sure about your decision then it won't change the fact and what are you afraid of being told bad by random human being? The community is made for discussion and criticism to make dead by daylight greater,but if everyone is obsequious about every decision dev make, that will be a problem.

Anyway,we are different people with different minds,

If you can't take the criticism but only wanna hear good stuff, then be it.Say yes to everything and ignore all different voices, this will make your more "beautiful""powerful""stronger"

• Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469
    Options

Thank you devs for the crowns ... still got plenty to say in other threads .. but thank you in this one.

• RickJames
    RickJames Member Posts: 85
    Options

Personally I feel the event is fine. Biggest complaint is the cakes being broken. All I wanted out of the event was more bloodpoints and the cakes being broken is a very big let down. I'm sure it will be fixed sometime tomorrow though.