The DC penalty

Okay BHVR when the DC penalty came out I was like "Oh cool that will be useful for people who just dc with no cares" okay but you see the problem is my internet will sometimes go out for asinine reasons and I have no way to prepare for it or sometimes get out of a game before it happens, now this wouldnt be a problem if the penalty didnt apply to those who's internet goes out! Are you kidding me, it's now happened so many times not even for my wifi going out but the game just booting me out at 90 ping my matchmaking ban is up to 24 hours after I got disconnected from the host and there is nothing I can do in the slightest and yes some people will be like "get better internet" well that isnt a choice for me I dont live in an area where I have many options

Tl:DR The Dc penalty screws me over royally

Comments

• Wubalubadubdub03
    Wubalubadubdub03 Member Posts: 141

I haven't even seen them address this as being an issue, when so many people have complained about it.

• N0T0Ri0US
    N0T0Ri0US Member Posts: 59

A small price to punish those who DC. If developers removed the DC penalty because of internet issues or disconnection cause of poor connection then everyone would abuse it. I know exactly how you feel cause I have a ######### internet too, in fact I am using my mobile hotspot to play on PC lol. Imagine if the devs removed the penalty because of internet issues, I could just turn off my hotspot off and on and BAM! I am back in game without any issues.

Maybe they will do something in the future to actually prevent this but not anytime soon.

• chase131119
    chase131119 Member Posts: 839

...don't play the game if you have horrible internet?

It's that simple, stop ruining the game for others.

• animalmak
    animalmak Member Posts: 399

There's no way to separate people who DC on purpose to ones who DC because of faulty internet. HOWEVER, I wish there was a way for them to differentiate between external DCs and internal DCs due to the servers kicking people. I haven't actually faced any of those myself, usually that disconnection happens when loading back into the lobby after a game, so I'm not sure how it works, but I definitely agree if the issue lies on BHVR's servers, it shouldn't add to the penalty timer.

• MathiaStef
    MathiaStef Member Posts: 132

oh sure just stop playing the game I've spent 116.46 dollars on

• Alify
    Alify Member Posts: 347

excellent, let's drive people away from the game that they BUY and spend a great time due to the fact that: “oh noo a person has bad internet and he destroys the experience of others nooooo”

cringe

• xxDeathwishDW
    xxDeathwishDW Member Posts: 138
    edited June 2020

I know, it's awful but a system that must be. Imagine a system that understand internet corruptions. Everyone will just use it. Maybe someone will turn off their modems, or a new program like a hack will came out. etc. etc. dude. The devs have nothing to do with your internet, it's your problem. Only thing I can say is, take a better internet,as you said, sorry..

• MathiaStef
    MathiaStef Member Posts: 132

I have no better internet options minus finding some great phone provider with a great hotspot

• Urugaming
    Urugaming Member Posts: 16

with the amount of toxicity, trolling and smurfing this game have, im not agree whit the DC penalty to begin with.

If you are having a bad time on a match because one of the previous reasons, then you should be able to simple leave the game.

• xxDeathwishDW
    xxDeathwishDW Member Posts: 138
    edited June 2020

Man, we and developers can't do anything 'bout that.Thousands of people now playing Dead by Daylight without an error, that's your problem. But yeah, if it errors for 90 ping, devs should take a look at it.

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940

DC is a joke, it needs to be increased.

I didn't used to DC but know exactly when I can and can't DC.

E.g. knowing if I have a 5 minute penalty then I'm off for a coffee/toilet etc

Anyone who thinks DC shouldn't exist because they have a valid reason need to fix their valid reason as 5 minutes is waaaaaaay too short

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,695

BHVR is not responsible for this person's bunk internet - The same thing happens in many other games with much stricter penalties (that can lead to a permanent ban in some cases IE - DC'ing on a bunch of LoL matches).

But yeah, good luck advocating for someone that is effectively ruining the game for 5 people (includes the DC).

*cringe*

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

I would like the ability to dc or "lose connection" between the match start and 40 seconds into the match without receiving a penalty. This way I could leave a match with a foreign killer.