The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Hacking Report Form?

Zenshadows
Zenshadows Member Posts: 12
edited June 2018 in General Discussions

Idk where to report and since this isnt Steam we don't have to follow their guidelines. Dev or appropriate staff member please review this video to see the worst cheating i've seen in this game to date. 1:30 is when it gets really good

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Snapshot
    Snapshot Member Posts: 914

I also don't know why they didn't keep their original Google Form to report cheaters. According to official answers, you have to upload the video to some service (e.g. YouTube) and THEN enter the link in the after-match report form, which is completely unacceptable (the whole process of uploading before continuing to play another match).

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Just because this isn't Steam doesn't mean it doesn't have similar rules. No "name-and-shame" is one of those shared rules.

• Snapshot

@Orion said:
    Just because this isn't Steam doesn't mean it doesn't have similar rules. No "name-and-shame" is one of those shared rules.

all he does is upload "gameplay" video and - to the benefit of all - report a hacker. Shouldn't be naming and shaming at all in my opinion

• Broccoli_Jaeger
    Broccoli_Jaeger Member Posts: 252
    The naming and shaming rule is a benefit for all hackers
  • Orion

@Snapshot said:

@Orion said:

all he does is upload "gameplay" video and - to the benefit of all - report a hacker. Shouldn't be naming and shaming at all in my opinion

Except it is name-and-shame, and it's for the benefit of no one except himself. The video could easily be faked. All you need is someone with the same Steam name, since Steam names aren't unique, who is also willing to cheat. That's why only the devs, who can track who's playing and when, can make an informed decision.

• Orion

@Broccoli_Jaeger said:
    The naming and shaming rule is a benefit for all hackers

And for all innocents wrongly accused. If you've played any online game, you know that good players are often accused of hacking just by being good at the game.

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    you may not post your salt videos here.
  • Snapshot

@Orion I understand that he should have shown the steam profile with the unique ID which can not be altered. But these videos are the ONLY way to get cheaters banned.
    Once the cheater is in a game, there is no way for the devs to detect cheating as this is already done when joining a game I believe.
    If their Anti-cheat detects cheating (the cheating program itself), it will automatically ban the player. But if not, how are they supposed to detect it afterwards? Do they record the whole game? This is where a replay-mechanic could be useful. But yeah... this is a discussion of P2P networking and its shortcomings.

• Snapshot

And furthermore, the hacker in the video had a pretty obvious name only crying to be banned.

• Orion

Even if he linked to the profile and the SteamID, how would you know it belonged to the same person on the video? That's right, you can't. The devs can track who's playing when. You can't. You are not qualified to judge whether people are hacking or not. That's why there are reports - real reports, not these witch hunts.

• Zenshadows

@Orion I read all the Dbd forum rules and this post does not violate them.

• Orion

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/94/community-guidelines

"Disclosing any kind of personal information is not allowed. Naming and shaming is forbidden too."

Clearly you didn't.

• Zenshadows

No personal info given and I wasnt naming shaming someone. if you think reporting hackers is that then ok. In any case onto more constructive things, where do you report hackers if you dont here @Orion ?

• Orion

You're giving out a name in the video. That's name-and-shame. There's a report function in the game itself, have you tried that?

• Snapshot

@Orion I don't think you get my point.
    There is NO WAY the devs can detect it AFTERWARDS without and video proof. What does it help them to track who is playing and when? There are thousands of concurrently playing people and they don't have a record of each match. It just can't work. Other Anti-cheat programs (e.g. BattlEye) have access to the whole server and not the client alone. THAT works. but sadly, as this game has no dedicated servers (for now?) it is impossible to implement for the devs. Without dedicated servers controlled by BHVR, there will always be cheaters which can not be detected, as the killer hosts the game.

And of course these videos help, because of this simple process:
    1. You upload the video, report the player. Now, as it is unacceptable that you have to upload the video first and THEN paste it into the in-game after-match form, without the ability to jump straight into another match and upload the video later or overnight (and report the person in an online form), you have to do it somewhere else. Official methods? The forum (where most of the devs and support people hang around).
    2. Devs go ahead and watch the video, think "yup, that's obviously a cheater". They THEN look at their back-end logs and confirm that all these players present in the video (with same names, characters, scores and perks and whatnot) were in a match and that the killer ALSO got reported in-game (and you should see that in the video too) with the same report text.
    3. This 100% confirms the video is not fake and the reported player is the one from the video.

So, do not tell me that these videos do not help in any way.

• Snapshot

@Zenshadows said:
    No personal info given and I wasnt naming shaming someone. if you think reporting hackers is that then ok. In any case onto more constructive things, where do you report hackers if you dont here @Orion ?

I agree 100% with you. Steam names do not count as personal information, as they also can be duplicate and changed. Also no name-and-shame as you didn't shame him in any way. Just gameplay record. I also don't know what Orion's problem is.

• Orion

I never said these videos don't help. They do help to start witch hunts and "mob justice" (i.e.: people being declared guilty just because they look guilty). I don't care how you justify it to yourself.

• Orion

@Snapshot said:

@Zenshadows said:

I agree 100% with you. Steam names do not count as personal information, as they also can be duplicate and changed. Also no name-and-shame as you didn't shame him in any way. Just gameplay record. I also don't know what Orion's problem is.

My problem is you people who don't understand the problem with assuming someone's guilt just because someone else says they're guilty. I've been accused of wallhacking before because I ran into Survivors out of sheer luck. The fact that I was streaming at the time didn't deter the accusations. Had these individuals stooped to Zenshadows's level, you would've assumed I was guilty, without just cause.

You people clearly haven't played many online games, or at least you're not very good at them. Good players are accused of hacking all the time.

• Snapshot

@Orion said:
    I never said these videos don't help. They do help to start witch hunts and "mob justice" (i.e.: people being declared guilty just because they look guilty). I don't care how you justify it to yourself.

I've never seen any witch hunt here on the forum. Just report the player, upload the video and done. But people telling the players who report cheaters that they will get banned (here I am referring to a general problem, not you) are a problem because they hinder cheater detection and censor video proof, as some gamers which reported cheaters here have taken down their video proof.
    This issue has to be addressed by the devs, and a solution would be a special sub-forum for reporting cheaters which can only be viewed by the devs. As simple as that. Then you don't have to be afraid of "witch hunts and "mob justice"" etc. at night and you can sleep very well. ok? ;)

• Orion

This is not a report. This is a thread inciting mob justice against a supposed cheater.

• Zenshadows

The Categories after matches don't call for reporting cheating and there used to be a form to fill out with the request to link a video vs pictures which is why I'm asking for the current appropriate reporting method. I'm not interested in you invalidating me or other forum members @Orion . Either post the appropriate report method or move on.

• Snapshot

@Orion said:

@Snapshot said:

@Zenshadows said:

My problem is you people who don't understand the problem with assuming someone's guilt just because someone else says they're guilty. I've been accused of wallhacking before because I ran into Survivors out of sheer luck. The fact that I was streaming at the time didn't deter the accusations. Had these individuals stooped to Zenshadows's level, you would've assumed I was guilty, without just cause.

You people clearly haven't played many online games, or at least you're not very good at them. Good players are accused of hacking all the time.

here you are right, good players are often accused of cheating. But the vidoes posted here CLEARLY show obvious speed hacks etc. which is simply not possible, does not matter which perks you have. Wall hacks are not so obvious, I agree but these kinds of videos here clearly show hackers blatantly laughing at the game and not being caught/banned at all.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

Maybe if people keep linking videos here the Developers will give us a report form to properly report suspected cheaters. By removing that, and requiring some ridiculous steps to actually report someone, they are encouraging cheaters. I have never played an online game that did not have a legitimate report form with a place to upload videos. That is completely irresponsible, and the devs should be ashamed for making us jump through hoops to keep their game fair for everyone.

What if you cannot tab out of the game because it crashes on you when you do? Then you are basically screwed because you cannot help to stop the cheating. Right now there is a massive influx of cheaters, legitimate ones, and there is no report form to help stop them. I love this game, but I stopped playing Survivor because I'm not going to chance running into another speedhacker and ruin my match. If they don't give us the tools to report things like this, then it's time something else got done.

• KillingInstinct
    KillingInstinct Member Posts: 272

@Orion said:

@Snapshot said:

@Orion said:

Except it is name-and-shame, and it's for the benefit of no one except himself. The video could easily be faked. All you need is someone with the same Steam name, since Steam names aren't unique, who is also willing to cheat. That's why only the devs, who can track who's playing and when, can make an informed decision.

It isn't name shaming. And it doesn't only benefit him... If this killer is a hacker and he/she get banned, other survivors won't have to deal with this hacker.

• Snapshot

@Zenshadows said:
    The Categories after matches don't call for reporting cheating and there used to be a form to fill out with the request to link a video vs pictures which is why I'm asking for the current appropriate reporting method. I'm not interested in you invalidating me or other forum members @Orion . Either post the appropriate report method or move on.

I know what you are talking about. There used to be a Google Form and they removed it. Nobody but them knows why. I reported 3 players this online form before it got taken down, and not a single video got at least 1 view. In my opinion, this shows how "interested" the devs are in getting cheaters out of their game.

• Zenshadows

@Snapshot Ok so no new forms are available....has there been any official communication from the company on how to alert them of cheating?

• Snapshot

@Mringasa said:
    Maybe if people keep linking videos here the Developers will give us a report form to properly report suspected cheaters. By removing that, and requiring some ridiculous steps to actually report someone, they are encouraging cheaters. I have never played an online game that did not have a legitimate report form with a place to upload videos. That is completely irresponsible, and the devs should be ashamed for making us jump through hoops to keep their game fair for everyone.

What if you cannot tab out of the game because it crashes on you when you do? Then you are basically screwed because you cannot help to stop the cheating. Right now there is a massive influx of cheaters, legitimate ones, and there is no report form to help stop them. I love this game, but I stopped playing Survivor because I'm not going to chance running into another speedhacker and ruin my match. If they don't give us the tools to report things like this, then it's time something else got done.

Finally someone comletely understanding the issues I am trying to get across to others which don't want that people get reported here. Thank you.

• Snapshot

@Zenshadows said:
    @Snapshot Ok so no new forms are available....has there been any official communication from the company on how to alert them of cheating?

Only thing I know from a Mod is you have to paste the YouTube URL into the in-game form and the devs will take care of it (eventually ;) )

• Zenshadows

@Snapshot while painful to stop playing until everything is done and manually type in the url i will do it to help get rid of cheaters. would be nice if the system was smoother...

• Orion

@Mringasa said:

That has literally never worked. All it does is incentivize toxicity and harm the game, while the self-righteous types say "Oh, it's not my fault, it's the devs' fault" to distract from the fact that they are part of the problem.

• Mringasa

@Orion said:

@Mringasa said:

That has literally never worked. All it does is incentivize toxicity and harm the game, while the self-righteous types say "Oh, it's not my fault, it's the devs' fault" to distract from the fact that they are part of the problem.

Then please show me where I can upload the two videos I have of speedhackers for the Developers to review for a possible ban. I have no idea what to do. I do not have a YouTube account, I do not have any idea how to edit them, and I definitely have no idea where to find a report form so I can do this the proper way.

If the Developers don't provide you with the tools, then there is nothing you can do about it. Maybe it's time to change my review with the reasoning behind the change. Should I report them to Steam for not providing us with a method to report hackers? Is there a way to report them directly to EAC for them to review the footage and make a decision? Maybe I can call the President and see if ole Donald wants to check it out. Maybe he'll do something about it.

I hate naming and shaming, but when nothing is being done to solve the problem, go for it. The Developers obviously don't care about the state of the game, or they would give us a way to report suspected hackers. How many days has it been since this started?

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,897

All reports about players have to be made at the end game report section - with video evidence and the URL of the video typed into the text box.

No reports are taken from the forum, this is against the rules we have here - yes the naming and shaming rules apply.

• Snapshot

@MandyTalk schrieb:
    All reports about players have to be made at the end game report section - with video evidence and the URL of the video typed into the text box.

No reports are taken from the forum, this is against the rules we have here - yes the naming and shaming rules apply.

@MandyTalk
    Why is copy & paste not supported? I guess because the in-game report form was never meant for such an awkward reporting process.
    Why is there no convenient sub-forum (read only for devs) to report players?
    And finally why does this have to be such a hassle for your loyal players trying to help with the current ever-growing cheating situation on PC?
    I'm looking forward to you answering these questions (not only for me, but the whole community)
    Snapshot

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,897

I know the situation is not ideal at the present time and appreciate the time and effort that people go to in order to report these players.

All I can do is tell you what I have told you above, nothing further I'm afraid.

• Orion

@SenzuDuck said:
    MandyTalk said:

I know the situation is not ideal at the present time and appreciate the time and effort that people go to in order to report these players.

All I can do is tell you what I have told you above, nothing further I'm afraid.

It’s honestly the stupidest thing ever.

Instead of being able to move onto my next game after grabbing the evidence. I have to sit in an end game lobby. Either upload my footage to YouTube, type out a 30 something long link to the video, or a 30 letter long link to a twitch clip?

Oh, and if the person isn’t streaming they have to record all their games? Joke.

That's why the situation is being improved. Until then, however, you're not entitled to break the rules just because it's too much trouble.

• Mringasa

And what happens when you can't tab out to upload the video and provide a link? Should we just junk the video even though it has proof? Definitely time to change my review . This is out of hand, and removing a tool that helps us as players keep the trash out of the game is foolish.

People posting footage without proof and the Developers having to weed through it to find the legitimate hackers is part of the process. No matter how many false reports you get, there's always the chance that someone was cheating. They need to accept this and give us a report form that doesn't require jumping through hoops. Hell, give me the job. I'll gladly wade through a thousand videos a day for minimum wage to find the cheaters in the game. Be a damn sight better than what we have now, which is smoke and mirrors.

• Orion

@SenzuDuck said:

@Orion said:

@SenzuDuck said:
    MandyTalk said:

It’s honestly the stupidest thing ever.

Instead of being able to move onto my next game after grabbing the evidence. I have to sit in an end game lobby. Either upload my footage to YouTube, type out a 30 something long link to the video, or a 30 letter long link to a twitch clip?

Oh, and if the person isn’t streaming they have to record all their games? Joke.

That's why the situation is being improved. Until then, however, you're not entitled to break the rules just because it's too much trouble.

Which rules might I be breaking?

I didn't mean you, specifically. It's more of a general thing.

• Orion

@Mringasa said:
    And what happens when you can't tab out to upload the video and provide a link? Should we just junk the video even though it has proof? Definitely time to change my review . This is out of hand, and removing a tool that helps us as players keep the trash out of the game is foolish.

People posting footage without proof and the Developers having to weed through it to find the legitimate hackers is part of the process. No matter how many false reports you get, there's always the chance that someone was cheating. They need to accept this and give us a report form that doesn't require jumping through hoops. Hell, give me the job. I'll gladly wade through a thousand videos a day for minimum wage to find the cheaters in the game. Be a damn sight better than what we have now, which is smoke and mirrors.

1000 videos a day? Assuming each video is 5 minutes long, that's about 3.5 days of footage. Good luck with that.

Maybe wait a little bit instead of freaking out?

• Sehkmet
    Sehkmet Member Posts: 127

Editing, cutting and uploading a video also uses the GPU power... if you have deadbydaylight opened its slower :-1:

Also, you should be able to choose between the moments you are focused/willing to play and when you are lazy, listening to music and editing videos

• Fluffy
    Fluffy Member Posts: 48

@MandyTalk said:

The report ingame is fully broken or you just don't look at them. Reported several speedhackers WITH video (and me opening their profiles in the video). And none is banned. For one of them, it was almost a month ago.

REPORTING IS USELESS EITHER HERE OR INGAME. THERE ARE NO BANS FROM DEV TEAM! The only bans come from eac if you use a detecteed cheat.

• DeserterKalak
    DeserterKalak Member Posts: 11
    edited June 2018

Seriously? "Use the ingame report form which we know doesn't work, because reporting cheaters on the forums is 'harassment' and against forum policy"? Which absolute genius came up with THAT rule? I'd like to shake hands with such a rocket scientist and keep close track of them, so I'm the first one to know when they go out and invent a better lightbulb.

• Cypraz
    Cypraz Member Posts: 136
    edited June 2018

I guess you didn't read the rules, upload the video then provide the link post match in game report system as it is explained many times. ctrl+c to copy ctrl+v to paste the link in game when you report. Definitely don't come on the forum to name and shame that's only going to get YOU in trouble buddy.

• DeserterKalak
    DeserterKalak Member Posts: 11
    edited June 2018

@Cypraz said:
    I guess you didn't read the rules, upload the video then provide the link post match in game report system as it is explained many times. ctrl+c to copy ctrl+v to paste the link in game when you report. Definitely don't come on the forum to name and shame that's only going to get YOU in trouble buddy.

Okay, clearly my last post was too complicated, let's try this: in game report form no-worky. Noone read letter-words made on it. Nothing ultimately happen when click, durr hey? >_<

• Lowbei
    again, you may not post your salt videos here
  • Zenshadows

@Lowbei trying to boost your forum posts vs contributing. You and Orion should take a lesson from Mandy the Mods response on this thread.

• Lowbei

@Lowbei trying to boost your forum posts vs contributing. You and Orion should take a lesson from Mandy the Mods response on this thread.

boost forum posts? idk ######### this person is talking about lol. i dont even think your posts are numbered here.

i posted the correct info, that your salt videos are not welcome here.

keep your salt in the shaker.
  • Cypraz
    Cypraz Member Posts: 136
    edited July 2018

@DeserterKalak said:

@Cypraz said:

Okay, clearly my last post was too complicated, let's try this: in game report form no-worky. Noone read letter-words made on it. Nothing ultimately happen when click, durr hey? >_<

lol dork! I wasn't even talking to you. I was responding to the OP hurr durr.

• cTrix
    cTrix Member Posts: 122

Honestly the Devs don't actually care about reporting or the report function or any ######### like that. They already said they just went and bought an anti-cheat from another company. They have no idea how it works, they can't change it, they can't fix anything. There is literally one guy at the dev studio who looks at all the million reports that come in and it says stuff like "this guy is a hacker" and he's like I can't just ban the guy cus someone said this, I dont know if it's true.

So yeah, nothing is gonna change, nothing is gonna happen, cus the devs don't care enough or are simply unable to do anything. GGWP

• raquelambersantiago
    raquelambersantiago Member Posts: 373

@MandyTalk said:

That also makes reporting not accessible for players with disabilities. This needs resolved.

• Haz
    Haz Member Posts: 23

I just changed my review of DBD back to not recommending it until this is resolved. I found this thread after wasting a bunch of time trying to find where to submit a video of an obvious cheater. Also, I have worked as an admin for an online game and while I know it is a lot of work to keep track of cheating, the most blatant stuff at least needs to get smacked down. Can anyone let me know if I can submit this video at some point? I remember the clunky old days when you could add someone on steam and they would at least make it seem like they looked at the evidence.

This discussion has been closed.