Help make a Breakout and Sabotage build!

Options
Lumen
Lumen Member Posts: 16

Hey everyone!

I want to make a build based around Breakout and Sabotage!

The premise: Save people from hooks and help them escape the killer's grasp.

This is not a min-max sort of build obviously, and it's just for fun! I always hear that people are tired of gen rushing, so I figured I'd make a build that makes me highly visible to the killer and challenges their presence. I am willing to take hits and waste their time, in hopes that the carried survivor can break free.

I am well aware that I will probably get tunneled and die for doing this, but that's kind of the secondary objective in a way. I'm looking to give killers and other survivors a new experience, and spread love to a less used perk.

I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions!

Comments

• Momentosis
    Momentosis Member Posts: 824
    edited June 2020
    Options

Breakout

Sabotage

Spine Chills - Increased speed when Killer is looking at you. Also used to know you're at the right hook.

Dead Hard or something for 4th perk

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414
    Options

I sometimes run my Martyr build of the same nature:

Breakout, Sabotage, Mettle of Man and Dead Hard. Along with any med-kit with a styptic agent.

1. Shadow the killer while they're chasing a survivor and take a hit as soon as they pick them up
    2. Reach the nearest hook before the killer and pop the styptic agent
    3. The moment you get hit start sabotaging. If you time it perfectly the hook will be broken just before the killer recovers
    4. Either DH away to avoid getting downed or take the 3rd hit. Taking the hit will proc MoM the next time you're up

This build and strategy is gimicky as hell. But it's really fun when it works.

• Lumen
    Options

Wow I didn't think of spine chill! That's actually a really good idea, thank you so much! I was thinking maybe Resilience, but spine chill might actually be better in a general sense.

I was thinking Mettle of Man would be a really good perk for the build! I really appreciate your input! I didn't even think of using a styptic agent, but that's actually next level haha.

On second thought, do you think that Sabotage is worth putting in the build? I almost feel like it's too slow if I'm going to really utilize Breakout... now I'm questioning myself. Hmm.

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414
    Options

Depends if you want to bait the killer to swing at you. It takes some practice, but over time it's possible to consistently avoid the killer's attacks while they're carrying someone thanks to Breakout.

• Lumen
    Options

Getting the killer to swing at me wastes more time! I'm definitely willing to take a hit or bait an attack! Earlier today I was using Breakout next to a killer who had NOED, trying to be fearless with my extra haste!

I might actually put Mettle of Man in the build, honestly. The more I look at it, the more attractive it seems. It really plays into the fact that I'm trying to waste the killer's time for Breakout, and I'm pretty sure you get protection tokens for taking a hit from the killer while he's carrying someone.

I think Dead Hard might be the ideal 3rd or 4th perk because it could maybe bait out another missed attack, but I almost feel like the killers would ignore me and just go for the hook.

• Lumen
    Options

The more I think about it, the more I think Sabotage is not as useful to Breakout. I think I might replace it with something else- maybe Dark Sense? I'm thinking in the sense of tiers:

Breakout (core)

T1: Mettle of Man, Dead Hard

T2: Spine Chill, Determination, Resilience

T3: Small game?, Dark Sense? (For secondary objectives?)

• sebbo94
    sebbo94 Member Posts: 44
    edited June 2020
    Options

Don't take Sabotuer, just use a Alex's Toolbox with double sabotage speed addons.

Good additions are Sprint Burst to win the race against the killer for the hook, Dead Hard to guarantee a miss if he goes for you after a sabotage, maybe Empathy so you can see who is in a chase and about to go down. Another good addition would be Inner Strengh, you can prep it before someone gets injured, take a hit, survivor wiggles free and you can heal yourself quickly in a locker.

• rottmeister
    rottmeister Member Posts: 316
    Options

I honestly wouldn't take Saboteur, but rather a toolbox with add ons that help you sabotage faster and/or use it for a longer time.

Mostly because after unhooking a survivor and wanting to heal them, I accidentally start sabotaging the hook. If cancelled, it still is on a big cooldown.

So the build I would use is the following:

1. Breakout

2. Dead Hard

3. Inner Strength

4. Mettle Of Man

Item: toolbox