Slightly off-topic question about pyramid head.

Options

I'm no expert on the silent hill franchise so can someone explain what the connection is between this version of pyramid head:

And this:

Are they the same character or different? Was there was a reason the design was changed in the series. Just curious.

Comments

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858
    Options

The rights to the character are owned by Konami, so they have rights to do whatever they want. However, this is not what the person who designed pyramid head intended him to look like. The original picture is what the creator intended, the rest is Konami taking liberty with their licensing.

If you really want to get in deep, Max Derrat's youtube channel does a great job exploring the character and it's background.

• Every1poops
    Every1poops Member Posts: 63
    Options

Like a lot of horror icons PH has had quite a few changes in his design.

You have one camp of people who feel like he is exclusively a James Sunderland monster and should not be used in anything else besides SH2

Then you have Konami who will use him in whatever they see fit (which they have every right to do so) which means in just Silent Hill itself he has canonically appeared in Silent Hill Homecoming (5) where he has the more angular front on his helmet.

He also shares that design with his movie counterpart but those should be treated as its own seperate continuinity apart from the game series.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

Because they used Pyramid Head design from Silent Hill 2.

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545
    Options

The original design was from Silent Hill 2 and the bare-chested one is from Silent Hill Homecoming. Besides the body structure the other difference is The Great Knife - Homecoming's version has some familiarity with a combat knife - reflecting on Alex Shephard.

Speaking of dear Alex, I'd also like to make a comment on The Tormented legendary skin. It's most probably not true, but in my mind - since legendary skins are meant to be different characters - I wonder if The Tormented is Alex (spoiler below)

In Homecoming, one ending shows Alex becoming Pyramid Head. Maybe the skin is a reference to that.

• SeducedByDaemonette
    SeducedByDaemonette Member Posts: 300
    Options

Just different designs , especially if you take PH outside of SH2 .