Is the Clown Good Now? (Video)

LeftPreston
LeftPreston Member Posts: 95
edited June 2020 in General Discussions

After the small buff on the clown this past patch, I decided to give him a try. Surprisingly, he feels a lot better to play. Here's a video I made about him with some funny moments.

Consider Checking Out My Channel, It's Much Appreciated: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8o9Qld1GObH6AN7jdjP6NQ

Post edited by LeftPreston on

Comments

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375

Very small buff but it's made me dust him off. Actually did quite well with him floating around purple ranks.

I just wish they allowed you t walk fast while refilling your bottles as well.

• Biggs
    Biggs Member Posts: 286

well they bugged him so currently not good idea to play him :D but his lets say it buff is good path but he needs definitely full rework

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

Definitely better. Can't remember the last time I was able to 3-4k with him, but was doing it last night pretty well. Didn't notice his movement speed while reloading. I only reload at downs or when I'm not in chase. I would like his reload to be a lil faster though.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063

It's a decent buff that allows him to finish chases faster, but it still does nothing for his gen pressure, which is where he suffers the most. We'll have to see what the devs do with his "update" or "Rework" they've got in their plan, and hope that it raises him up at least 1 tier.

• Han
    Han Member Posts: 196

he's better but the thing is, he never was that bad, like people say he is. and when people try him now and think he's much better, then that's not really the case.

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471

I will definitely say he is a but better now, and feels so much better to play, but he is still pretty weak overall and lacks map pressure. He might be able to end chases quickly but that won't matter once you have to lug your ass all the way across the map at 115% with barely any map presence.

• LeftPreston
    LeftPreston Member Posts: 95

I feel like they should make it so survivors remain intoxicated until they can cure themselves similar to the plague, but make the bottles area of effect smaller and less of an effect on running speed for survivors.

• BubbaMain64
    BubbaMain64 Member Posts: 546

He's better but I wouldn't say he's fixed. There's still a way to go but it's the right direction.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,236

He's better, but what he's good at isn't that valuable given his other deficiencies. For example, Pyramid Head's power will result in hits easily as often as Clown's bottles, but PH doesn't reload and he brings other things to the table. Clown still doesn't do anything better than other killers. Even his zoning capability is arguably worse than Demo/Deathslinger/PH.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

He got a very simple buff that did a little bit, but Imo he's still probably the worst killer, but not by a landslide anymore.

• OniKobayashi
    OniKobayashi Member Posts: 274

The buff wasn't that significant to declare Clown any better than before. I was always able to do well with Clown even before the slowdown removal. Now I'm 1% better. Once they get that reload animation bug fixed, it'll be another 1% better. But Clown's power is the same, his strengths and weaknesses are the same, etc.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

I just want him to receive his own chase music because a dev stated they were looking at him :(

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,333

I noticed quite the improvement myself. Clown's chase potential now feels much more potent. I wasnt expecting much when I read the patchnotes, but after trying it out and seeing the difference for myself, its quite something.