The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Balance issues about to make me quit.

Survivors abusing pallets and palet stuns is getting on my nerves. I just had a match with a 4-stack swf, who abused flashlights and stuns. I am a killer main and I just don't know if I should continue playing when devs give survivors OP stuff like flashlights and pallets everywhere. People are abusing pallets and gen rushing.

And when I down a survivor. Its impossible to reach a hook. They sabo one hook and the dead survivor wiggle out before I reach the second one. Wiggle timer is too short you have to use Iron Grasp just to be able to hook people.

Im chasing a survivor through dozen pallets and a dozen flashlight blinds. Other 3 finishes the gens in 2 minutes. I grab the downed survivor, they sabo hook take hits and bam 4 man going out to write 'gg ez'.

And they cry about camp&tunnel, of course im going to secure my kill its a valid strategy. How else am i supposed to get kills in this game.

Maps are designed for survivors and gen rushing tools they have are insane. And they speak about buffing solo survivors instead of nerfing SWFs. I don't get why BHVR is so survivor sided.

Seriously survivors crying when they have so many strong tools to their side is just pathetic. Im sorry but BHVR made this game for survivor to escape. Not for killers to have any fun in the game.

Comments

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Iron Grasp? Use Agitation instead.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Got to disagree. I genuinely at red rank haven't had a game like this in over a month. Playing a lot of killer recently and they are usually 4ks.

Solo survivor is definitely not balanced that's why you get these 4 man swfs (which we definitely aren't sure yet that you faced). Solo survivors find reliable teammates, which then become very good 4 man swfs.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Not like they've been slowly nerfing survivors for years now. They have continued to adjust maps to try to balance them out. Granted they have a ways to go. And I badly want them to shrink the Red Forest maps. But to say the Devs are survivor sided is disingenuous at best.

• dequadin
    dequadin Member Posts: 1

right mate. i agree with u and i think killer need bigger hitbox

• PonyTony
    PonyTony Member Posts: 4

I don't have a issue with hitboxes.

I've been playing for couple months but i can't imagine how it was like for killers back then if this is true.

• josh6_66
    josh6_66 Member Posts: 23

i am not toxic normally but after reading this I have only one Thing to say: Maybe try to get good? I am a rank 1 Killer every Season and i have no problems getting 4K's with every killler at all

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

This happens so rarely that it's not even worth crying about.

If you see 2 survivors with a flashlight -> Lightborn

Trouble with Pallets -> Brutal Strength, Spirit Fury, Enduring

***I don't even see how you could have continual problems with Sabo. That should be an instant win for you because you have to be against a Sabo team for that to work. The current Sabo is actually weaker than when you could 99% hooks.

• PonyTony
    PonyTony Member Posts: 4

I've been playing for a couple months. I cant imagine how it was like for killers back then.

I don't have a issue with hitboxes.

If i use the perks in 1&2 I would have no way to find people. It's true i had a bad match.

4- I disagree there are still a lot of great loops for survivor

5- I get shunned for using end game perks or mori.

Ty for your input though wil give it a try.

• Nataku
    Nataku Member Posts: 33

All you are complaining about can be countered by some perks (enduring, spirit fury, brutal strenght... Franklin demise, lightborn, hangman's trick..)

Don't expect too much either, playing killer doesn't guarantee you 4k every game. Sometimes survivors are better than you that's all.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

“People are abusing pallets and gen rushing.”

This is extreme hyperbole. They’re not “abusing” anything. They’re using tools the game gives them to do their objective and escape. That isn’t abuse, it isn’t toxic, and it isn’t unbalanced once you learn how to deal with it.

If you only play killer and you’ve only been playing for a couple of months then you still have a ton to learn about this game before you can comment on its balance. I would strongly recommend trying survivor to learn how they play, and also looking up some guides on YouTube for tips on how to play killer.

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

Bhvr doesn't think this is common enough to warrant fixing. But yeah, if you get a 4 man running ds, unbreakable, dead hard, soul guard, breakout, sabo boxes, and borrowed time, you're going to have a real bad day.

Try slugging, if that doesn't work, afk in a corner until they've finished gens. Can't bully if you don't play, make it boring for them.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

You have perks counters to these.

Lightborn or Franklin's for flashlights.

Enduring,Spirit Fury or brutal strength for pallets.

Agitation or iron grasp for longer carry travel time.

ezpz game.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520

Hillbilly has a teachable perk against flashlights.

Alternatively, you can watch to a wall, or also in the air, when someone use the flashlight. This works most of the time. At least until you meet someone who is really skilled with it.

Trapper has a teachable perk to move faster with a guy/girl on your shoulders.

It's not perfect, but maybe it helps you. I have never use this perk, but maybe he's what you were looking for.

SWF's are very strong, but I know no one who knows here a solution that would also be fair for the teamplaying survivors (and no to make it impossible to play as swf would not be fair and imo also impossible).

• Schlute6969
    Schlute6969 Member Posts: 129

Sorry man but this just isn’t every game. Unfortunately though they aren’t abusing it they are just using it to their advantage with what they’ve been given that’s not really their fault. You should be excited that they want to buff solo because the more they can make solo similar if not the same as swf they can start looking at the stuff that may seem unfair or buff killers.