Survivor entitlement

Options

So finished a game as wraith to get the new crown for him and it was a fun casual game at red ranks no Ds no flashlight spam just a fun causal game. I got a 4K on them and they got 4 gens done and I thought the game fine. Then I get a message from one of the survivors that's just stupid.

If you don't know getting reported multiple times on Xbox makes your reputation go down which is a horribly flawed system because I've checked my reports it's all unsportsmanlike and cheating and it only started happening when I played dead by daylight. So in short don't be a baby over these new cosmetics they aren't hard to get.

Comments

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    edited June 2020
    Options

I play on PC too but OP doesn't which is why I put myself in their shoes. You come off as holier-than-thou abd didn't seem to acknowledge that I said I let some survivors go which in your original post to OP seemed that 2 escape 2 die would have been fair enough.

As for "being the reason" survivors should just get to keep it we had that scenario if you remember Hallowed Blight. Survivors would suicide on hook once all the pustials were gone and the forums were ablaze more then as opposed to now so don't give me that excuse. Besides some survivors I faced dont even go for it and if they do it is as an after thought. I have yet to run into a team that tried to communicate they wanted to farm if they did I happily would.

I dont go out of my way to kill those who found a crown but I'm not going to hard throw either. 2 hook states each is enough for a decent devout and if gens arent blitzd I am more than happy to let everyone walk since I dont have a deficit to make up and am guaranteed a safety that way everyone wins. Only survivoes that are free game are ones that have it or are liscensed.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • OutcastEric
    OutcastEric Member Posts: 495
    Options

i thought they got rid of that. I used to be in bad reputation due to this game alone. Fairly sure i still get reported a lot but im not in needs work or bad rep.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

People are just babies on this game lol

I voted a 4k last night as Pyramid head. Easy game with baby survivors where I didn't tunnel or camp. Got messaged after the game for slugging (and I think they mentioned tunneling which was funny). Apparenlty they really hate slugging lol they hate slugging for the 4k.

That was all fine. I was texting a group chat with my swf mates and my mate sent in a picture of someone who was messaging him. Turns out it was the same guy 😂😂 apparently the game after I faced this survivor (and his 2 friends) my mate got them in another game. This guy was complaining that my mate had found him in a locker. My mate was a doctor with whispers and this guy was adamant that whispers didn't work when someone was in a locker lol

Btw I just want to clarify we weren't targeting this person. My mate didn't know I got this guy half an hour before. He just sent the messages into the chat and I recognised the name. I can't believe the odds that we would get the same guy two games in a row and he would rage in both 😂

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options

Don't worry I have had survivors do that to me for LETTING them get escape so they could get their halos.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

Ehhhhhh they shoulda done the same system for survivors imho as they did for killer. You play, you find it, you complete the trial win or lose, you get it. Would have saved a lot of headaches.

Also RIP Lalythia.

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488
    Options

Honestly survs are the only ones who have to work for it😒 but still that was some entitled crap

• Pizzaman
    Pizzaman Member Posts: 498
    edited June 2020
    Options

I think you got it wrong.

You're playing on a flawed platform, but you blame the community of a game for the flaws of the platform. This could happen as well for every other game that you play.

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858
    Options

Seriously... it's like that episode from that black mirror show.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816
    Options

Both sides are just as bad... This is a dumb argument

I play both sides equally and in the last month i only got like 3 hate mails 2 from the same swf team and 1 from killer

Tbh i never really understood people who say they get hate everygame since i rarley get messaged and if i do its mostly just ggs

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

I know that it's a dumb argument lol btw did you changed your name? You are the "toxicnancymain" no? Or did I got the wrong person?

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776
    Options

This was the most bland example of 'entitlement' you could come up with. They're still in the wrong, but if we measured the offense on a scale from 1 to 10, then meh.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Options

Yea i was toxicnancy but got bored of that name so i changed it

• rglarson13
    rglarson13 Member Posts: 201
    Options

"Expecting a different experience" being that they expected the killer to help them farm.

That's the definition of entitled.

• DCash
    DCash Member Posts: 170
    Options

I've been called that and far worse by survivors. But keep pushing the narrative that it's killers vs survivors. Survivors aren't #########, killers aren't #########, but people absolutely are #########. I'm so tired of people pushing the agenda that one is worse than the other.

• DCash
    DCash Member Posts: 170
    Options

He's not wrong. People should earn their crowns. It's not like it's hard. I already have every survivor crown on day one. There's still weeks left of anniversary. Yesterday I got 1 hooked and face camped by a huntress. She just stood there and held her hatchet. I am an Ace main and I get mori'd by some Billy's because they hate Ace. My point is, a reward isn't rewarding if it's handed out. I earned all my crowns by fire. Stop complaining.

• jorkle
    jorkle Member Posts: 18
    edited June 2020
    Options

Complaining about someone playing the game like they are supposed to and wanting special treatment is the definition of entitlement. OP played the game, and of course children like you will cry about it because you aren't good enough to actually EARN your reward.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

@Survivors ... Stop expecting killers to give you a free escape just because you have a golden sparkle. The event doesn’t have special rules for letting survivors get crowns without interruption from the killer.

• RetroPix3l
    RetroPix3l Member Posts: 20
    Options

The killer doesn't owe anything to the survivor. Getting the crown is a side objective high risk/ high reward type deal for the survivor and if you want to try and get the crown for all your characters then that's your prerogative.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    Options

The problem is this event is bringing out some super scummy play styles from killers. I've had a lot of them say they are purposely tunneling survivors trying to get the crowns. I've also played killer and just farm games so everyone can get lots of BP and crowns and they've told me me after that they don't want to farm because they had two games in a row where the killer made it seem like they wanted to farm but slaughtered them all during egc with an end game build. I've had slugging Freddy at 4 gens, Mori tunnel Hillbilly, tunneling hag, and more. As a 60/40 killer/survivor player with this being my first event I have more fun playing to farm BP and cosmetics than I do sweating for the 4k or surviving. As killer I just need to enter a match and find the pedestal and I get 500 extra BP and a new cosmetic, it doesn't hurt to just have fun. Hell, farming as Hillbilly got me a lot of practice using his dash to where I feel more comfortable with it and could see myself actually doing okay in a real match with him when I hated using him before.

• RetroPix3l
    RetroPix3l Member Posts: 20
    edited June 2020
    Options

Also just wanted to note if you get a cool killer who let's you find crowns and leave, well then that's awesome. I've been denied leaving with the crown a few times and it's a little frustrating but that's just the name of the game I don't hold it against the killer for doing their job. I'd rather die with the crown and let my teammates escape over them sacrificing themselves for me so that the killer gets more kills. Quoting The Rolling Stones you can't always get what you want. It's also that much more satisfying when you finally do get it, but that's just me.

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416
    Options

For everyone saying its unfair that survivors have to ,,work" for it.

You know adept killer trophys exist?

• ayaya
    ayaya Member Posts: 163
    edited June 2020
    Options

Hahah mind blowing how much people care are about some trash corona crown which they will never use anyway

• Respectfulnancymain
    Options

Arnt killer adepts so hard because when they were introduced a 4k= merciless killer, but they cant change it now since sony and microsoft dont allow achievements to be changed?

This could be completly wrong but i heard that somewhere

Imo its good you dont need to work for your crowns as killer since now i can farm with the survivors to help them get there crowns

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416
    Options

Thats right. Sadly.

I also just let the survivor get the crowns with the Killers i hate to play like Hag and trapper.

But i also got hatemails from survivors i didnt let escape.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,898
    Options

Killers tend to be worse tho. Back in the day when killers actually had to work for events, they got super salty if they faced a team that was good enough to stay away from that one hook that killers needed to get.

Yet nowadays, killers dont have to work at all for cosmetics(talk about devs trying to please one side) other than joining a game and pressing m1 once. That's it. And then they have the balls to say that someone having probably 3-5 games where they got targetted specifically for a crown, finally getting a crown and being killed after being only 1 generator away is toxic for asking the killer if they could have just let them get out is the same as entitlement?

You are literally comparing a 5 second requirement with a 10 minute+ requirement(sometimes even multiple hours) and calling the 10+ minute side entitled for wanting an easy cosmetic? Grow the ######### up. Acknowlegde that killer event cosmetics are literally the easiest thing to do. It doesnt hurt letting someone leave if they have the crown particles, because if you can get a 4k, you already earned your pip anyway. Letting 2 survivors go isnt the end of the world.

• FixThisGame69
    FixThisGame69 Member Posts: 97
    Options

OP, I play on Xbox too. I hate the reporting system for Xbox and playing killer will ruin your reputation. Salty survivors...

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303
    Options

I play on PS4 so, we don't have that issue. But that's just some butthurt survivor entitlement bs. I don't play this game 24/7. Might play it every couple days for a few matches. Best believe, I don't let anyone escape for free, unless someone DC's and I've annihilated the rest. I might be nice and let one go, sometimes. I'm the killer, I'm here to strike fear and terrorize your team, not hold your hand and walk you out the gate for a BK onion ring. If you want that silly cosmetic against me, your gonna have to actually earn it, because I could care less. The killers I mostly main are DLC anyway, so no onion ring for me.

• TattooJake
    TattooJake Member Posts: 158
    Options

Not saying I agree with it in any way but to be fair getting the crowns as killer is way WAY easier. Basically all you have to do is find the thing.....that’s it. As survivor you have to get out. And as some know playing solo can be a pretty hard to get out unless you luck up getting a not so good killer or a great team. Personally I’ve been letting the ones that are “glowing” get out. This is a limited event so I’m not going to be a total ahole and murk everything walking. Some survivors have literally been working all night to get crowns and not been able to get them yet, while if you play killer can easily walk from matches with them. First 10 matches I had 4 red mori’s with tunneling, an asshat hag that trapped the crowns and the rest just tryhards with noed and bad teams to boot. Feelsbadman

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289
    edited June 2020
    Options

Even though I was able to keep a couple for a few of my mains.I honestly can only say that the Devs should of had a better plan it’s just been causing nothing but toxicity between survivors and killers and or survivor versus survivor.I was thinking the event would be a lot better if everyone was given a crown automatically and there wouldn’t be any toxicity.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

I'm honestly not surprised that Survivors are crying when you don't let them escape for a crown. Events seem to bring out the worst from both sides.

• gemjas
    gemjas Member Posts: 105
    edited June 2020
    Options

??????? I have no idea how you made such a huge leap from their comment. They're just saying that killers can be scummy as well. That's it.

Constantly seeing posts about how "survivors are entitled" or that "killers are toxic" gets annoying. Both sides have their idiots.