We need more female killers in this game

Options

I dont want to be sexist but 3 of the best killers in the game are females: Nurse, Hag and Spirit, and I think it's a bit weird. I really like their powers and all, and I really dont want to offend anybody, but I suddenly thought about this and decided to start a discussion.

Either way, with the adition of Pyramid Head, I think we need a female killer now, just to even things up.

Comments

• mouse0270
    mouse0270 Member Posts: 849
    Options

So excluding the original killers released with the base game (Trapper, Wraith and Billy) They did do a decent job at trying to switch between male and female killers.

Meaning all DLC characters up to Ghostface toggled between with the exception of Freddy

Nurse than Myers

Hag than Doctor

Huntress than Billy

Freddy

Pig than Clown

Spirit than Legion (Technically legion is both male and female 2 of each Frank and Joey than Julie and Susie)

Plague than Ghostface

Demodoggy isn't technically a gendered creature, but everyone after than has been a man. I am going to assume the next killer will be a female.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,031
    Options

The only thing really skewing the male to female ratio for killers is the licensed ones.

• IceCreamPrincess
    IceCreamPrincess Member Posts: 226
    Options

Ah, it must have just felt like that due to the recent releases, with 4 of the last 5 survivors being female. I forgot about bill and Ash who where added independent of a killer. My apologies

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

The Blair Witch :P

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289
    Options
  • KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

Yeah, I'd like more female killers.

Didn't realize a perfectly even split was 'a lot more'

• DeadHardMan
    DeadHardMan Member Posts: 319
    Options

I'm very surprised by these responses. You would think the same people who care about LGBT representation would also care about Male/female balance.

• IceCreamPrincess
    IceCreamPrincess Member Posts: 226
    Options

Like i said previously, i was mistaken. It just felt like there was more female survivors since 4 of the last 5 survivors added where female, and i forgot about Ash since he was added without a killer

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

Sure they can make more female killers but I dont think the ratio is bad or something to be really concerned right now. There are a lot of female killers, if you dont count licensed characters (since they are fixed and they cant work much with them except maybe Ghostface, female killers in slasher movies are rare) the ratio is almost 50/50.

8 male killers: Trapper, Wraith, Hillbilly, Doctor, Clown, Legion, Oni and Deathslinger.

6 female killers: Nurse, Hag, Huntress, Spirit, Legion and Plague.

• EverflowingRiver
    EverflowingRiver Member Posts: 562
    Options

Another thread about a topic that is irrelevant. Why have good story telling when you can make a killer with a certain set of genitals 🙄. Or would it help the op sleep at night knowing there was a quota system?

• EverflowingRiver
    EverflowingRiver Member Posts: 562
    Options

No, because if I don't participate people go on thinking their point has merit.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

To them, it might. Your opinion is not the only one that matters. I edited my previous comment after you quoted it. Here you go:

I do find it funny how you think creating a female killer and creating a killer with a good background are mutually exclusive concepts.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181
    Options

The ratio is fine IMO. I think the devs should make killers as they envision them and focus more on making the killer fun to play and balanced. It really shouldn't be a quota thing where they're like 'So we made a male killer now we have to make a female one.' They should make the killer whatever they believe best fits their design.

• Orion
    Options

I never hinted they "[were] an -ist of some variety" (if that's what it sounded like, it wasn't intentional). However, when they imply that the devs should focus on good stories (as opposed to what the OP is asking), it does seem like that's what they're saying. If I'm wrong, they just have to say so and clarify their position.

• gunslingers_potatoe
    gunslingers_potatoe Member Posts: 192
    edited June 2020
    Options

ok so I lowkey regret making this discussion, but that was just a thought I wanted to share. Do I think that killers must be labelled by their "genitals"? No, as someone mentioned before, this is a horror game and this kind of thing isn't its main goal, BUT personally I like female killers more than male killers . I have nothing against non-gendered killers like demo, but as I said before, Female killers are more relevant to my preferences.

Now regarding this, I am sure there are people out there who have preferences towards a specific gender, Thousands of people play this game daily thus this assumtion is completly wrong from my point of view. I find it weird tho that on the LGBT topic no one said "Yeah, no one cares about sexuality" but on the topic of male/female ratio, this statement suddenly is relevant.

• OniKobayashi
    OniKobayashi Member Posts: 274
    Options

I'd rather just have two versions of each Killer, one male and one female. Of course, that would require more work.

• SilentChill
    SilentChill Member Posts: 39
    Options

I'm still waiting for Samara/Sadako (The Ring)

• Papayarng
    Papayarng Member Posts: 73
    Options

Male:

Bubba, Oni, Gun person, Myers, Clown, Frank, Joey, Doc, Billy, Wraith, Trapper, Freddy

Female:

Plague, Pig, Spirit, Huntress, Hag, Nurse, Susie, Julie

Both/Neither:

Demo (Wierd plant alien thing), PHead (Looks like a guy but has no sex), Ghostface (portrayed by both guys and girls)

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

How is Pyramid Head not a male? It's the Silent Hill 2 / James Sunderland version which rapes a mannequin-monster in the game.

• FixThisGame69
    FixThisGame69 Member Posts: 97
    Options

Nobody:

Snowflake Liberalists:

We need more DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION.

• FixThisGame69
    FixThisGame69 Member Posts: 97
    Options

Can we get a female killer as thicc as Jane Romero plz?

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684
    edited June 2020
    Options

All i want is

Big. Bouncing. Jiggle Physics. Anime Tiddy. Killer

• FogLurker
    FogLurker Member Posts: 337
    Options

Every killer is a female killer. In fact, the whole of the killer roster are killers of females because the majority of the time the survivors chosen are the female ones.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,907
    Options

I personally enjoy the female killers more because they typically have cooler powers, an intriguing backstory, and are very well designed. Not saying the male killers aren’t but the female ones just look better IMO.

For the females you have a killer who can go through walls, a ghost who can go invisible, a priestess who vomits on you, a grandma who can teleport to a different body, and a Russian who sings a lullaby and chucks hatchets.

I wouldn’t want more female killers just for the sake of them being female but I’d want more females because they just seem better to me than most of the male killers.

• Orion
    edited June 2020
    Options

Too true. Anna (Huntress) is probably the biggest badass in the entire roster, taking out armed soldiers with crude weapons and living on her own in the middle of nowhere after her mother died. As for the men, well, once you've heard about one crazy guy who killed a bunch of people because of mommy and/or daddy issues or just plain sadism/evil, you've heard about them all.

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890
    Options

I think most people are more interested in unique or cool characters, than what their genders are

That said, I think it'd be fun if they did another chapter with a female killer and male survivor

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    Options

^ This is actual facts. And a seriously overlooked comment on this thread.

The only reason that there are more male killers than female killers is because of the licensed killers. If you count up only the original killers male to female it becomes an 8:6 ratio or simplified 4:3.

Trapper, Wraith, Hillbilly, Doc, Clown, Legion, Oni, Deathslinger

Nurse, Hag, Huntress, Spirit, Legion, Plague

Making the disparity in all reality, not that wide

And on a personal note, sorry that guys are naturally villains and females are the heroic "final girls" especially in horror slasher? Is... is that something we should be angry about?

Something like this better not stand in the way of future licensed characters like Pennywise, Pinhead, Candyman, Jason etc. or I'm gonna lose my sh*t.

• gunslingers_potatoe
    gunslingers_potatoe Member Posts: 192
    Options

omg, you worded that better than I could have ever done. Thank you sir :0

• YumiiXO
    YumiiXO Member Posts: 97
    Options

Same I kind of lean more towards female killers :/ I like the cosmetics and stuff.

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890
    Options

If we get another female licensed killer, I'd love Carrie, with Tommy Ross as survivor

• SunaIIanu
    SunaIIanu Member Posts: 782
    Options

Ghostace's backstory in dbd portrays him as a male, Danny Johnson.

• Kall
    Kall Member Posts: 45
    Options
  • Orion
    Options

And on a personal note, sorry that guys are naturally villains and females are the heroic "final girls" especially in horror slasher? Is... is that something we should be angry about?

Angry about? No, which is why nobody here is angry about it. Aim to change it? Yes, because I think we all like stories that aren't 100% predictable.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    Options

Sure. But in the meantime, don't let that stop people from appreciating the good stories and unique characters that we did get in the past, like the licensed ones I mentioned we have yet to see in dead by daylight.