The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What if-- Scooby Gang survivors/killer/map in DBD?

kitrowe
kitrowe Member Posts: 2

What if-- Scooby Gang survivors/killer/map in DBD? 22 votes

NO!
45% 10 votes
SHAGGY AND DAPHNE!!
13% 3 votes
SHAGGY AND VELMA!!
27% 6 votes
THE CREEPER KILLER!
9% 2 votes
SCRAPPY DOO.
4% 1 vote

Comments

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862

I almost went with Scrappy Doo, ngl.

As a meme: Yes, you can't say no to Shaggy and the OG Mystery Gang.

As an actual suggestion: no, I could see this going south so fast with BHVR getting some real bad press from parents who go all: "I got this game for my son because some of his favorite Scooby Doo characters in the game and now he is having nightmares about deformed maniacs with Chainsaws, creepy killers with knives in white masks, a killer clown, ghosts, A man with a Pyramid for a head with a giant knife, oh God! It's horrible!! Why is this being advertised to kids??!"

• Halfway
    Halfway Member Posts: 18

Shaggy, Velma, Daphne and Fred | I would imagine they all had the same perks as 1 like the legion is 4 killers in 1

I think this idea is really fun and to be fair, Scooby doo is a cartoon but the aspect of it is scary. Chasing down monsters and trying to solve clues.

Maybe the killer could be the ghost or the villians from the movies. I WOULD PAY £100 JUST FOR THIS PACK!!

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited June 2020

Yeeeeaaaaah, no, it's definitely advertised as a kids show. What's scary to kids, the creepy music, the dreary settings and dark colors, with a spooky translucent ghost or pirate ghost (I'm thinking of the original Scooby Doo cartoon, not the brighter stuff that came later or the 3D movie) does not translate to legitimate horror for teens and adults like having a chainsaw driven through your chest or back, or your tongue ripped out of your mouth and being beaten to death with a club that has spikes on it, that kind of thing.

Cool, funny, and nostalgic for us, probably really bad PR for BHVR.

• ShrekTheThird69
    ShrekTheThird69 Member Posts: 327

I think this would be great as a single survivor sort of like how legion is. This could also make good use of the new jointed cosmetic system, but would require them all to be actually different not the ######### ones we have now.

• Halfway
    Halfway Member Posts: 18

I think scooby doo has always had a scary aspect to it especially the gang, They're hunting down monsters and going into dark and spooky places to solve crimes. i think there is a lot of potential to do this and make it fun and interesting. Also so what if scooby doo audience is more for kids? Roblox, Minecraft and Fortnite are more for kids, but a LOT of adults play it. If you're on about the fact some kids might get the game to play them? Well that is their parents fault and there is an age limit on the game so it would be the parents fault for buying it to be fair. Also GTA and cod is 16+ or 18+ and i swear 50% are kids to be fair. This is just my opinion

• Kotoura_san94
    Kotoura_san94 Member Posts: 7

thought that parents double check that sort of kink to eliminate potential issues like that arising... i know parents get real protective like that sometimes... obvs not gonna lie og mystery gang sounds like a vibe

• kitrowe
    kitrowe Member Posts: 2

Understandable, but they can be designed differently! Like an actually creepy revamp! Could even design Shaggy after Matthew Lillard! x

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,768

I adore Scooby Doo, but they're not going to put Scooby Doo characters in a game this bloody. Can you image poor Scoob getting caught in a bear trap? Nah man, I don't want to see that.