How does the Dead by Daylight Community feel about: A killer... with no ability?

Options
NightmareReborn
NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810
edited June 2020 in General Discussions

Let me explain what I mean in the title.

What if there was a killer that had no specific ability, but instead, had significantly increased base stats? This would include (but not be limited to) faster movement speed, faster pallet and gen breaking speeds, quicker recovery from stuns, faster vaulting, or heck, maybe even extra perk slots?

I thought of the idea a while ago, but I have no clue what the community thinks of it. I can see its pros and cons. I figured the best option would be to just ask the community.

EDIT: wording

Comments

• Lumionesty
    Lumionesty Member Posts: 98
    Options

It would be an incredibly boring killer to play as and against so I'm against such an idea. I'd rather have killers with unique powers, rather then just being a base stat increase.

• SpookyStabby
    SpookyStabby Member Posts: 621
    Options

I personally don't think I'd invest because unique power is one of my fav things when switching between my Killers.

• calem
    calem Member Posts: 533
    Options

Yep. Everyone else already said it. It would be very boring. Plus I can't imagine trying to loop that killer who has increased base stats as well as Bamboozle, Enduring, Brutal Strength and Spirit Fury.

• cenoflame
    cenoflame Member Posts: 320
    Options

I think a faster basic attack killer would be more dangerous than a killer with a strong power. At least those killers can be predicted.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

There are ways to accomplish this niche without literally lacking an active ability of any kind.

Myers for example had better base stats as the main effect of his power (16 meter TR, faster vaulting and in T3 better lunge) and I've made some Killer suggestions who's power effect are primarily just stat manipulation effects:

Both of these Killers get better base stats as a result of their powers with only a minor active component used in order to get the stats in the first place. However I'd imagine they'd both still feel very distinct to play as simply because of the active effects they DO have giving a slight but important change in playstyle compared to a base M1 Killer.

• TraitorousLeopard
    TraitorousLeopard Member Posts: 156
    Options

Go play a wraith with Purple Windstorm and Shadow Dance. Faster running, kicking, vaulting, AND you get to be invisible!

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045
    Options

It would break the game as the game loops and such are made for 115% speed just imagine a 120% base speed + PWYF it would get 135% speed and that hella fast on loops combine that with faster recovery per hit it would be hit and downed in 5 secs for survivors

• SilentChill
    SilentChill Member Posts: 39
    Options

A M1 killer, that is an M1 killer? Can we call it "MEMELORD the SLASHER?!" I think it would be funny as a joke killer honestly. We could call him "Joe" or "that guy" or "EZ" ... his add on list and perks would be real easy tho. Better yet his perks would be common perks that people already have access too!

• NuclearBurrito
    Options

I mean, while they still should make sure every Killer has an active ability component just for the non-balance reasons alone. I wouldn't count out 120% base MS so quickly. We already have plenty of powers that hardcounter traditional looping in one way or another and we also have plenty of powers that speed up general movement AND we have powers that do both at the same time.

So having a Killer with 120% MS and a relatively weak active ability isn't fundamentally problematic. Yes they'd be much better in loops compared to a lot of Killers, but they wouldn't be unique in this status nor would they be the best at it assuming their power isn't anti-loop on top of the speed.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

Sounds like when I play GF and survivors know how to reveal me.

• xCarrie
    xCarrie Member Posts: 982
    Options

So legion?

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159
    Options

The killer would be difficult to balance, because he either would be underwhelming as hell or overpowered as hell. And boring on top.

• Jakojo
    Jakojo Member Posts: 214
    Options

Sounds like Dr. Mundo as a killer

• NuclearBurrito
    Options
  • Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,216
    Options

Movement speed alone would make this Killer easily be ACTUALLY overpowered. It's a rather impactful stat.