The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What makes a Perk worth picking for you?

Gravnos
Gravnos Member Posts: 105
edited June 2020 in Polls

I'm curious what it is that keeps the META of perks (Survivor and Killer) so stale over all. While there's a few new builds here and there, over all at the higher ranks you don't see much variation over all. Survivor side seems to have ~10 perks you'll see in rotation and Killer seems to have about the same amount even though they all have very different powers.

What makes a perk worth picking?

EDIT: Forgot to include an OTHER option , so please post it below with "OTHER: " so it is easily searchable.

What makes a Perk worth picking for you? 28 votes

Powerful - I want to play the best I can, give me those high numbers.
7%
TaigaFobbo 2 votes
Fun - Unique ideas that are fun even if not the strongest.
21%
IhatelifeGHERBEARRULESGreentheNinjaSkullKidnotstarboardManyAchievables 6 votes
Unexpected - Things outside the meta that would surprise the other side.
10%
UndershotGenerator_RepairerPRSuzia69 3 votes
Playstyle Synergy - I like to do a particular thing and will combine perks to go all in on it.
32%
Seiko300CheersRullisiRakimSockemFFirebranddIamDwightPior_MorteJeffIsJesusJosafat 9 votes
Gameplay Shortcommings - I pick perks that make up for gameplay things I'm not great at.
14%
antgnsteazmassani[Deleted User]illiumred 4 votes
Knowledge - Information is power and I want to know where stuff/people are.
14%
SebaOutbreakaznfruitboiinimesulideFGC_Brute 4 votes

Comments

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

I guess it's a mix out of all of these. We have four perks so one I can have for fun and unexpected like Tenacity, and then Bond for information/knowledge etc.

• ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667
    edited June 2020

Stuff like Distortion are my favourite.

• Pior_Morte
    Pior_Morte Member Posts: 526
    Playstyle Synergy - I like to do a particular thing and will combine perks to go all in on it.

I love playing with forgotten perks that synergy together, but can't play without DS (it's OP but with random teamates I get farmed a lot)

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862

Especially for the archives, I will tailor my entire build to accomplishing whatever challenge or Daily I'm doing at the moment.

• HertsuFIN
    HertsuFIN Member Posts: 19

I like when perk is passive so i dont have to worry about it so its costant buff

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,982

I'm all about supporting my team so my main build is We'l Make It, Borrowed Time, For The People, and Inner Strength.

If the killer is far away and I get the unhook = We'll Make It

If the killer is close and I get the unhook = Borrowed Time

If I don't get the save and we need a quick emergency heal = For the People

Inner strength is just there as a pocket heal for when I need it. I usually save it for when I use For the People and the broken timer runs out

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,771
    edited June 2020

I'm a big fan of perks like Autodidact and Breakout that basically give you secondary objectives to do during the game. Perks like that tend to be super rewarding when they work and I love that feeling.

I also like perks that are situational to the point where they're rarely used, but effective when the situation is right. For example, I love running Hope and making daring plays during the endgame collapse. I get a kick out of imagining my opponents' reactions when they finally see my perks. Like, imagine being a Trapper and wondering who keeps undoing your traps and getting to the lobby and seeing that notstarboard was running freaking Small Game :D

WGLF, even tier I, is mandatory for me cause I'm a ######### for BPs. Other than that I like to get creative.