Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

If you're smart, you'll stop running Self-care

If you're running this perk at high ranks, you've learned nothing about how to play the game efficiently and effectively. You probably shouldn't even be at high ranks. You're healing at half speed. Why? Just find a teammate to heal you! I know teammates can be a little inconsistent with how good they are, but most people know to heal an injured teammate. Or you could use Inner Strength. It's better than Self-care at least. With the MMR system in place, we'll truly see who deserves to be at high ranks, because it definitely isn't clueless Self-care users. If I see you running it, I'll have half a mind to blame you for our loss because of the amount of time you wasted. What's next? "You're telling me Open Handed isn't meta? Not even Sole Survivor?" Nope, but at least they aren't a direct detriment to the team.

Comments

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,108

If it comes down to that, you've probably lost already anyway, and just look for hatch or something. The scenario you're describing will usually not happen and if it does, maybe it's because you wasted 2 minutes Self-caring instead of doing gens.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,108

To each their own I guess. If this was instead a rant about nerfing NOED, it would probably be an echo chamber of approval. I don't understand this community.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

The problem is not how long it takes is when they use it, from my personal opinion, 2 on hook, 1 being followed and you self caring, yeah not worth it.

But if none are injured but you and you are being followed etc, it can actually come in handy, some killers will mind game themselves more than what they think and self care can actually help a lot in that situation to force a killer to break a pallet and giving you more time to run.

Granted I don't use it anymore, I prefer inner strength or a medkit or staying injured but people play how they want, it's their game.

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

Self care take 30 sec to get heal a teamate heal you in 15 sec so 15 sec + 15 sec = 30 sec unless i fail my math in primary school i think im right. So you can use self care or get heal by a team its exactly the same

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

You're math was right but your numbers were wrong.

It's 16 seconds normally, self care is 32 seconds.

Your conclusion was fine tho.

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

Umm I guess you didnt get good math scores it’s 32 seconds for self care and 16 seconds for them to heal you that’s still 32 seconds of a gen not being done either way atleast the other way of self caring give 32 seconds into a gen still Now yes it’s not always ideal to heal yourself over someone else doing it but it still works fine

• Cius
    Cius Member Posts: 86

A smart player uses inner strength or resilience, this goes from killers using sloppy butcher after nerf to self-care to exert pressure

• microwavablefootball
    microwavablefootball Member Posts: 62
    edited June 2020

Yeah ok but the other person could be doing a gen. Calling another person "stupid" because they dont wanna run the same perks as you is pretty wacky.

• thottiepippen
    thottiepippen Member Posts: 98

I run self care + empathy at high ranks. I am constantly looping the killer, taking protection hits, and pulling people off hooks...it's terribly effective.

Here's what I've found: Red ranks are filled with people that can only do gens. If you keep the killer out of their face, you win a lot.

Build: Spine chill + Iron will + empathy + SC

Whether we win or lose, the killer usually had fun due to all the craziness instead of someone just urban evasioning in the bushes.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

Self Care is the most used Perk.

There are different way to use, different builds. You can't just throw a blanket statement like that and assume everyone and anyone who uses Self Care is bad.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Survivor#1 heals Survivor#2 takes 16sec

Survivor#2 being healed by Survivor#1 takes 16sec

Survivor#2 tried to find others to get healed, may take longer than 10sec to a min

Total time to have Survivor#2 healed: 42sec to over a min

Other survivors: its bad

Survivor#2 heals himself for 32sec

Total time to have Survivor#2 healed: 32sec

Other survivors: its good

Its depend how people use it, not the perk.

• xTalon32
    xTalon32 Member Posts: 413

This post makes me wish we'll be able to see our MMR so I can see how low yours is for your narrow point of view.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Is it more efficient not to run it? I tend to think so. I don't think it has really anything to do with intelligence, though.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

what should we just run the same braindead 2nd change perk ever survivor run in they swf group?

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

You say that jokingly. But Self Care is still good when used correctly. Unfortunately idiots use it wrong.

• PrincessPoop
    PrincessPoop Member Posts: 919

People that run self care should swap it for kindred or bond and your teams efficiency will be much better

• H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3
    H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3 Member Posts: 189

Yes, it’s not the worst but doesn’t change the fact it’s still bad and a time waster

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Bond doesn't make your healing more efficient. You still have to run to that person to get healed.

• Nikotiini
    Nikotiini Member Posts: 77

"Self-Care is bad" Thread #214315

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

I'll keep my self-care and botany, since you are the boss of no one, and I will keep enjoying my medkits that last forever and heal myself way faster than any survivor could heal me.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

some of wont help solo survivor that why people use SC.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

I proved on stream how Self-Care CAN be used effectively.

Current build is Resilience, Spine Chill, Lithe and Self-Care. 99'ing Self-Care gives me Resilience AND my preferred two health states.

Also, "efficiency" with the survivor objective actively harms everyone. You can rush me as killer for a 3 minute game, but we're ALL going to de-rank because of it.

• Lt_R1ZE
    Lt_R1ZE Member Posts: 44

It's a soloq perk so u don't have to rely on teamates it's pointless running it in a swf.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

And run all the way across the map only for my teammates to not heal me or I don't even find a teammate? Besides, I always run Botany Knowledge so I'm playing as if the healing nerf never happened. What else should I run? A full second chance build?

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

Games are lost as survivor because the killer brings NOED or moris off first hook. Or if your team can't do gens.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

If you self care, you are dead weight

it’s not hard to loop a killer in this current meta lol

• ich_häng_mal_rum
    ich_häng_mal_rum Member Posts: 435

I always run selfcare at rank 1. Before the change of loosing addons after the match I prefer to use a big medkit (48 charges) but I don’t wanna loose the addons every match.

Other healingperks can’t be used every time. You have many situations when selfcare is very nice:

1. only 2 survivor left
    2. healing to escape when killer is near the exit
    3. healing first, if all survivor are down or hooked, so you can have a big impact to the game (if it’s possible I go injured for the unhook!!!)
    4. teammate can do the gen while ruin is active
    5. heal in the exit during egc to go for unhook again or can take a hit
    6. healing during the chase, while running a flashlight ;)
    7. be healed 99% while running resilience and finish healing before chased again
    8. don’t have to crouch over the whole map to find a teammate, if I need to be healed (search: 10-20 sec + two player 16 sec in the healing = 42 sec or more, selfcare 32 sec)

To make sure, if you run selfcare it doesn’t mean you have to selfcareing every time or in all situations! If needed I go injured for a unhook or pop gens first or against a onehit killer i prefer to stay injured ( iron will, dh, resilience).

So, player are free to run the perks they want, it’s more important to use them in a good and efficient way for the whole team!

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607

Been playing this game for years. Self care is the second best survivor perk in the game.

• HarleyQuinn
    HarleyQuinn Member Posts: 247

I prefer inner strength & I hate how slow self care is, but it’s not a bad perk by any means. It is, however, frustrating when you get that one survivor who spends most of the match healing themselves with SC & hardly contributes to the gens.

• Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673

See people sayin "but but selhaling..no one will heal you! :'("

Yea probably no good player will help you at all. The most thing I am seeing at red ranks are unhooks and heals. No one likes doing 80 seconds gens to escape but unhooks, die bombing, healing every day every night.

And did you never try Inner Strenght? Yea you can't use it infinity but you don't need that much heals. Maybe 2. Those guys who needs to heal 24/7 are the reasons why games getting out of hand.

Even if you do dulls drive by so your effective healing time is ~24 seconds without any slowdown. Even then it becomes more important to do gens first and then heal or just dont heal at all if you wanna win the game.

Oh yea and if you get downed very fast how about throwing out your exhaustion perks and learn how to chase.

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618

You're using a perk I think is bad, so that makes you a bad survivor. The perk is still very useful, and I'll never get the negativity behind it. It's more often I see people heal themselves when the other three are messing around in the bushes across the map. The perk has more value towards those that can hit great skill-checks I will admit.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

I will never use the perk by iteself, unless im the last alive. But you can use it smarter than just selfcare in the corner of the map while people are on the hook.

I love pairing it with medkits and or botany.

Its good to selfcare for a bit to save medkit use, especially when the killer has little momentum.

Definitely best to use the medkit when the killer is close.

Even if i dont bring a medkit, i absolutely bring botany and its a major help.

• thottiepippen
    thottiepippen Member Posts: 98

Thank god people started chiming in and debunking the MUH SC IS BAD OMFG YOU ARE TERRIBLE GET OUT attitude. Holy ######### ya'll.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    edited June 2020

Problem is many survivors are dumb and stand there healing when they should save someone, or when killer is close and has nurses. And then SC can be really good if you use it when you should and can. So it's not a bad perk, only bad survivors makes it look bad.

I run IS mostly or bring a medkit and ignore healing perks. But SC can be really good like in EGC when you are injured and your teammates have left and killer is guarding the only open exit gate while the other one is close by. Then going far away and get that heal saves you.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

yeah stop running self care, while Jeff unhooks you and sprint bursts away....

This discussion has been closed.