Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Least Favorite Map.

Peasant
Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
edited September 2018 in General Discussions
We all have that moment where you start up a match, the camera pans, and you learn you're on . . . 
. . . Gosh darn it.

What are your least favorite maps?

My personal dislikes:

Survivor bane: Bloodlodge, due to the lack of tall obstacles and the availability of the hill and the Lodge as vantage points the map is just an enormous sightline. 

Killer bane: Ironworks of Misery, due to the map having more loops and gyms than I'd like all centered around the one window that all killer mains hate (excluding the blinking nurses who can just ignore it).
Post edited by Peasant on

Comments

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

Swamp maps and Farm maps.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

All of Coldwind Farms. I cannot orient myself in the middle of all that corn.

• Sam00077
    Sam00077 Member Posts: 87
    Pale Rose worst map hands down
  • Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319

Definitely the Backwater Swamp. It's just an eyesore.

• TheDarkLycan
    TheDarkLycan Member Posts: 435

grim pantry

• RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850

Swamp, as both survivor and killer.

• TheDarkLycan
    TheDarkLycan Member Posts: 435

@RuneStarr said:
    Swamp, as both survivor and killer.

its the worst as huntress and cannibal

• liv071981
    liv071981 Member Posts: 27

The Game and Springwood, as survivor.

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

Haddonfield and Coldwind

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708

The Game and Haddonfield.

• Cardinal_Copia
    Cardinal_Copia Member Posts: 139
    The game. I manage to survive it quite often but it always makes me nervous with all the stairs...
  • redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Corn field's survivors just cross cross and gone
  • Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

Survivor: Autohaven Wreckers: Wreckers' Yard
    Killer: Red Forest; Coldwind Farm (bc corn blindness)

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316
    Any indoor map for killer
    Any outdoor map for survivors
  • PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Any map in Coldwind Farm (except maybe Thompson House), just because they are the most common ones. 
  • Usui
    Usui Member Posts: 531

Shelter woods and Game

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

I love the farm maps... just cool.

I dislike Lerys a good bit though. Just something about it.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

Shelter woods
    The game
    Lerry's

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Colldwid farm as killer - hate it, coldwind farm as survivor - love it

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    I have the love/hate relationship with the infamous "game". But besides gameplay, it looks ugly to me for some reason.

New map looks beautiful.
  • wolflinkin
    wolflinkin Member Posts: 52

The Game

• Plippy
    Plippy Member Posts: 187

I love The Game because of the look and the two level idea. But I hate to play on it because I really suck at it. XD

• Peasant
    Plippy said:

I love The Game because of the look and the two level idea. But I hate to play on it because I really suck at it. XD

Just remember doors = gens
  • OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    Swamp & The Game
  • βLAKE
    βLAKE Member Posts: 544

@WhateverIGuess said:
    The Game gives me this VERY strong temptation to just DC or instantly suicide on hook. Sometime I play on it but... it's torture for me.

Well the SAW franchise is notorious for torture and pain.

• paramourn
    paramourn Member Posts: 8

The Game. I feel like I run around forever trying to find a gen.

• Crythor
    Crythor Member Posts: 296

Léry's Memorial Institute by FAR! Next is Lampkin Lane.

• TheGreatDave
    TheGreatDave Member Posts: 25

@Justicar said:

My issue with the swamp is that it feels like i'm trying to survive at 3 in the afternoon in-game. The moon is beyond bright and it takes away from the atmosphere (and stealth) for me. I actually enjoy the map, otherwise.

• RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850

@Justicar said:

My issue with the swamp is that it feels like i'm trying to survive at 3 in the afternoon in-game. The moon is beyond bright and it takes away from the atmosphere (and stealth) for me. I actually enjoy the map, otherwise.

Wait... It's supposed to be night?! I thought it was intended as some weird daytime map. Now I hate it even more. 
  • FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

I would rather play Pale Rose all night than play Rotten Fields once.

I HATE ROTTEN FIELDS THAT MUCH!

• Peasant

But why? Rotten fields is so much fun! You can perform an endless chainsaw sprint with some whiskey and the right chainsaw.
  • FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

@Peasant said:
    FrenziedRoach said:

But why? Rotten fields is so much fun! You can perform an endless chainsaw sprint with some whiskey and the right chainsaw.

Except I hardly play Billy :'(

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291
    edited September 2018

As killer

I hate Ironworks of Misery because everyone goes to that window. The handrails used to be problematic but at least BHVR broke those so killer can walk off while carrying someone.

I hate Blood Lodge because I don't like how pallets are almost always so close together where if you break one pallet the survivors are already safely at another one. It's not even the amount of pallets but how close in proximity they are from each other.

I hate all the Coldwind Farm maps because there are so many large loops next to each other some of them feel hopeless to play at times.

I hate groaning storehouse because everyone goes to the window loop in the center building.

I have complaints about other maps but I feel like I consistently have bad games on most of the maps I mentioned.

As survivor

I guess the swamp maps? Can't really say any maps are an issue as survivor.

• Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    I dislike most of the large open maps on both killer and survivor. Rotten Fields, Sheltered Woods, and Mother's Dwelling in particular.

I actually like The Game and both swamp maps on either role. Plenty of places to play hide and seek.

I have a love/hate relationship with Haddonfield, though one simple fix would get rid of the hate part. I just wish they'd put more breaks in the hedges and fences. Too many times I get locked into a path by those hedges. I turn a corner expecting a break, and find that the fence runs the whole length of the house.
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Swamp farm shelter woods
  • Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,895

I loathe Azarov's Resting Place. Its a badly designed map with the generators basically split into two halves on it.

The Game map is an abomination.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

As a survivor: The Game, and Red Forest. They're pretty barren for pallets nowadays.

As a killer: Coldwind Farm. Most of the variations are #########-tacular to play, but Fractured Cowshed in particular is a special kind of Hell.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

General bane: Coal Tower.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOORIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Hate the larger maps like swamp, the travel time as killer is horrible. 
  • BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    Both Swamp maps for killer and survivor.
  • Kevvie
    Kevvie Member Posts: 175

The game, as both. As survivor I find it difficult to find pallets and orient myself to where the stairs are, and as killer so many times I hear a gen being done and go to it and... I'm on the other side of the sliding door from it.

• Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    My least favorite as killer- blood lodge and sheltered woods (too many pallets)

My least favorite as survivor- Lèrys because it’s hard to find gens and it’s not an open field like the rest of the maps and the game because it’s hard to find a way to the second floor from the first floor and the first floor from the second floor!
  • Cornfields...

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677
    edited September 2018

I would say any of the fully indoor levels, like Treatment Theater and The Game. At least with The Game, the level opens up as you do generators, but those generators can be hard to find, and it can be difficult finding the stairs. Lery's I wish some doors would open up as you do generators (the middle part opens up a bit when you complete that generator), but again, the generators can be difficult to find unless you run Generator detection perks or items. For Lery's It would be neat if some hallways had collapsed ceiling so you could see the sky. For both maps, it would be neat if some of the hallway lights near a generator would flicker until that generator was completed.

• will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489

Killer: Farm Maps
    Survivor: The Game as I can never find a bloody generator

• Peasant

Killer: Farm Maps
    Survivor: The Game as I can never find a bloody generator

", Look at all these doors!"
  • shadowsfall42
    shadowsfall42 Member Posts: 201
    Swamp is awful in both design and gameplay, The Game as survivor is terrible. It looks fantastic and it's aesthetic is good but it's terrible to play, virtually no useful vault spots, pallets are sparce and finding a gen in that place is awful. On the other hand it's probably the best map for most killers for all those reasons plus totems are well hidden. (Except for bathroom/room above bathroom, everyone knows that location has one and a survivor always spawns there.

Springwood, Haddonfield are just unfun maps in general. Haddonfield is at least aesthetically pretty nice but Springwood is so drab and dull.
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Peasant said:
    We all have that moment where you start up a match, the camera pans, and you learn you're on . . . 
    . . . Gosh darn it.

What are your least favorite maps?

My personal dislikes:

Survivor bane: Bloodlodge
    Killer bane: Ironworks of Misery

As Survivor:

Rotten Field (simply because its boring)
    The Game (simply because as a solo survivor potato teammates never do gens)
    Haddonfield (console FPS, need I say more?)

As Killer:
    Rotten Fields (simply because its boring)
    Lery's Memorial Hospital (only if I'm playing Nurse or Huntress)
    Iron Works of Misery (pallet loops for days)
    Haddonfield (console FPS, need I say more?)
    Pale Rose (only the REED heavy version)
    Spirits new map (######### REEDS!)

There are maps I may dislike depending on what killer I'm playing but its more of a minor thing then full on dread.

• chococri
    chococri Member Posts: 355
    Swamp and The Game for sure... 
  • IronWolf115
    IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672

Haddonfield, as a Leatherface main I die a little inside each time I see that map