Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

why do survivors do that one thing?

tenoresax
tenoresax Member Posts: 796

why is there always that one survivor that just doesn't ready up and makes everyone else wait for the countdown? they don't even do the last second switch or anything 99% of the time

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Hey, let me do Fashion by Daylight while you are all waiting for me!

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

They’re probably eating/drinking or using the bathroom.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

Some people just need to get up real quick and do something. I know I've done it a couple times before if I need to get up to take a leak.

I know what you mean otherwise. Some people kind of use it as a tactic. I've heard it from either side. Some people apparently know how to check what killer they're going against for some reason? Maybe that's an old trick, but as an example, killers would switch last second sometimes to avoid certain people like that. If you're a Hag player and somebody in a SWF group knows it and shouts that out to their friends, everybody is going to know to bring flashlights and urban evasions. As for survivors, I see them try to use last second switching in their favor to randomly switch to a character that has a decked out build, for example switching from a default Meg over to a "toxic Nea" with a key or other high tier item.

I would complain about people taking forever but I'm not exactly innocent of it either, although I don't go just waiting out every single timer. I'm usually good about it. But I try to be understanding.

• Khallaria
    Khallaria Member Posts: 73

In my case it's usually that i've readied up for queue and immediately change my mind to go for a smoke, click leave, and unbeknownst to me still get thrown in a lobby.

• acampingdocter
    acampingdocter Member Posts: 20

I've had survivors who wait until six seconds and just leave (and they call us killers toxic and trolls)

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Taking a piss yes, but everything else should be done before youre in lobby

• Mookywolf
    Mookywolf Member Posts: 907

Agreed. Only time i dont ready up immediately is if i see all three other people playing as the same survivor, and i decide to play along and make sure i got at least something on whatever survivor they're playing

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

I don't have 2 monitors and I tend to tab out and periodically check the game while in a queue. A lot of the time I check just after that weird 15-second ready lockout has been reached, or during the offering/loading screen.

So I'm that survivor at times. And that killer too, I guess, as if I see I'm in a lobby I just press ready instantly as either role.

• Yogerman1997
    Yogerman1997 Member Posts: 374

because im watching youtube while i'm searching for a match and i don't notice i already found one