Chapter concept idea: Five Nights at Freddy’s

SnailTea
SnailTea Member Posts: 20

Hi everyone, SnailTea here. Recently there’s been some discussion about if a five nights at freddy’s chapter would come to dead by daylight, so I decided to write my own chapter for the game. Please keep in mind that this is my first chapter concept, so I’m sorry if some things could be better. Without further ado, let’s get into it! (Note: There is an overview paragraph at the end.) NOTE: REPOSTED COS IM DUMB AND PUT IT IN POLLS.

Dead by Daylight: The Five Nights At Freddy’s Chapter

Part 1: The Chapter Basics.

This part will be discussing what the actual content would be like. Due to the FNaF game series not having any actual ‘human’ characters that we get to see in game (apart from the technicians in sister location and the pixelated purple guy and crying child in the FNaF 2 minigames) the chapter would probably follow Ghost Face and Leather Face, that being just one character, the killer. Secondly, who would the actual killer be? The most obvious choice from other chapter ideas would be Springtrap. While I agree that Springtrap would definitely fit DBD’s aesthetic, I decided to go through a list of every Animatronic in the franchise. (And boy, were there a LOT.) However, due to the main setting being a kid’s restaurant, I was able to eliminate around 90% of them off the bat, considering they look friendly and nice. The remaining characters were Springtrap, golden Freddy and the FNaF 4 animatronics. From a possible gameplay standpoint, I eliminated the FNaF 4 animatronics as they all follow a similar idea in the game, so there’s nothing unique. (Apart from Foxie, but he doesn’t have anything TOO unique about him, just a separate hiding place.) This left golden Freddy and Springtrap. (I am sure you can all see where this is going.) I decided on Springtrap as he is the more unique of the two. So, we have our killer. Next, I will discuss the design, paragraph, perks and ability of the killer in part 2.

Part 2: The killer. (Springtrap.)

This is where I had the most trouble. As I have mentioned, this is my first try attempting this so the perks may not be meta or needed in the game. I tried my best! 

Design

Springtrap would follow his model in the game, a faded yellow-green bunny with various chunks missing and wires and metal poking out. However, to make the killer more terrifying I would take out larger chunks, missing parts of his face perhaps. This would allow the players to see the flesh and corpse of William Afton inside, and make the killer look more gory. In terms of sound, and walking animation, I would say the animatronic would slightly limp towards the survivor. A dragging sound of the second leg could be possible, as we have a similar sound with Pyramid Head. Alongside this dragging sound, I imagine the character would cause sounds of grinding metal, and perhaps an occasional squish of the rotting flesh inside. I won’t cover chase music, since I have no musical experience. You can find some great concepts on YouTube, though. In terms of the killer’s weapon, I imagine they would use a clawed hand made of rusted, bent and sharpened metal.

Title and Paragraph

Next, the text-based info. For a title, I came up with a few. ‘The Mascot,’ and ‘The animatronic’ were a few, but the mascot would work better for Freddy, as he’s the main face of FNaF, and the Pizza Joint. ‘The Animatronic’ seems pretty obvious, and it would provide free space for ‘The Machine’ as a killer to come in if they wanted a different robot. Either one would be good though. In the end, I decided to go with ‘The Amalgamation’. Now, the paragraph. Since Springtrap is licensed, I decided to go through and analyse GhostFace’s paragraph to find a good structure. This is what I decided upon: Lore Introduction -> Faint description -> Arrival in the Fog. So, here is what I produced for our killer:

William Afton was an unusual worker. Calm, collected, and ALWAYS willing to interact with the children, despite not always being in the best mood. However, that all changed one fateful night. Five children had gone missing, never to turn up after weeks and weeks of searching. Ever since then, workers noticed how Afton had changed. He was.. happier, yet more erratic and was often found staring at the animatronic suits for uncomfortable amounts of time. It was a seemingly normal evening when it happened. The restaurant had been locked up and cleaned, without any problems. However, Afton returned later that night. Breaking into the restaurant, he needed to finish one final part of his plan. The children had come willingly, and put up little of a fight as he slaughtered them. After hiding them in the friendly animatronics, he needed to finish the plan. Beginning to tamper with the robots, he noticed odd figures behind him, causing disturbances. To this day, nobody knows if the man had gone mad, or if they really were the ghosts of the unsuspecting children tricked by the man in purple. Fleeing, Afton ran into a supply closet, where the malfunctioning Spring Bonnie suit lay, a deadly trap for whoever would control it. To hide from his guilt and the ghosts, Afton crawled in, unknowing of the delicate machinery. The mechanisms sprung, and Afton was instantly killed. However, the dark forces of the entity were at work that night. Afton was reborn, an amalgamation of flesh and machinery. In constant pain and rage, the serial killer could live forever, trapped inside this trap of his. Nobody ever saw Afton or the Spring Bonnie suit ever again. Limping into the fog, the machine had a new purpose - to hear everlasting screams.

Power and perks

The Amalgamation’s power is called ‘Employee’s controls’. The Amalgamation starts with 8 security cameras. Press the ability button to place a security camera against the nearest wall. When a survivor walks within 8 metres of a security camera, their aura will be highlighted for as long as they remain in radius. The security cameras are able to be dismantled in 25 seconds. The security camera is affected by perks such as Distortion. Around the map, various employee’s terminals are placed. When the Amalgamation activates a terminal, they can switch between surveillance cameras, providing them a 180 degree view of the camera. The killer will see a screen similar to the game series’ camera operating menu, with names like ‘camera 1’ and ‘camera 2’ based on the order they are placed. Springtrap can operate them for a maximum of 30 seconds before they are stunned, and locked out of the terminal for 60 seconds. 

The Amalgamation comes with three teachable perks:

A killer’s addiction: Killing can prove to be a deadly addiction if you aren’t careful. Gain a token every time a survivor dies.

2 tokens: Attack recovery speed is moderately reduced (including missed attacks), and walking speed is moderately increased. 

3 tokens: Attack recovery speed is greatly reduced (including missed attacks), and walking speed is greatly increased.

“Can’t stop now, we’ve almost completed the plan.” -William Afton

Security measures: When working with machines, you are always on a time crunch. When outside of the killer’s terror radius, generator repair speed is slightly decreased, and the chance of skill checks appearing is greatly increased. The effect is nullified when repairing inside the killer’s terror radius.

“Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza, with even tighter security than before!” - Phone Guy

Springtrap: Working with machines can prove fatal. After completing a generator inside the killer’s terror radius, the machinery will snap and injure a fully healed survivor. (Unless the survivor is already injured.) Springtrap can be activated once every 120 seconds.

“Oh yeah, the Spring Bonnie suit is out of bounds until further notice. Something about the springs being overly fragile and fatal.” - Management

Part 3: The map

I hope you liked my killer idea! Next, the map. I think it’s only suitable to have the Freddy Fazbear’s pizzeria in the game. While springtrap appears in the third game, the first restaurant is the most iconic, and could be scaled larger to fit a map size. It would be another indoor map, with perhaps booths to get windows in and maybe additional private party rooms to work with, linked to bathrooms, kitchens and more. It would be pretty tricky to put in a proper map, but I’m sure the team could work with it! As a second floor, I suggest maybe vents for survivors to crouch through and a lighting platform above the main stage and the main middle eating room. 

That’s all I’ve got! Please let me know if the concept is good, or needs tweaking. I’m new to this but I’d be happy to make more concepts if you’d like me to! I’ll provide a chapter overview below:

The Five Nights at Freddy’s chapter in dead by daylight provides a brand new killer, The Amalgamation, who excels at tracking down survivors and hindering machinery. The new map, Freddy Fazbear’s Pizzaria, provides a childish yet haunting atmosphere, filled with vent shafts for survivors to hide in and crawl through, chilling secret rooms where ungodly actions took place, and, of course, lots of pizza.

Comments

• OniKobayashi
    OniKobayashi Member Posts: 274

No.

• NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810

Oh boy, oh boy! I always love a good FNaF chapter concept.

Part 1: I definitely think you went with the right character, but I never really considered Golden Freddy as an option. Still, I think the issues with him boil down to what makes the others ineligible.

Part 2: As for Springtrap's design, I like the idea of altering him in some ways to make him look more gory. However, I still think he should stay faithful to his original design. I love the idea of seeing the corpse a little more, but I wouldn't want to see Springtrap withered too much considering he's already pretty withered, and it wouldn't take much more before he becomes unrecognizable. I also like the idea of scraping/metallic walking sounds being used, as well as the idea of him limping around a bit (although, I don't really know how a fleshy squish could sound natural with him walking around, but I'm no sound designer, and it could properly fit if executed correctly I imagine). For the weapon, the idea of a clawed hand is pretty neat. They could design it similarly to how a nightmare animatronic's hand looks like.

"The Amalgamation" is a pretty neat name as well.

I already know I'm going to sound like a huge lore nerd when I say this, but Springtrap's canon death was actually caused by the fire at the end of Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator. Although the spring-locks snapping in the suit technically did kill him, his soul was trapped within the suit, allowing him to possess it. Later on, the suit was burned, releasing his soul and sending it to hell.

As for the perks, they're also pretty neat, but what would their different levels be like?

A killer’s addiction: I like the idea of this perk, but it would have to be balanced really carefully considering it could be really powerful or really weak depending on how much you alter these stats.

Security Measures: I like where this perk is headed, but I think the gen repair slowness is sort of negated when survivors can make it up with the extra skill checks they get.

Springtrap: I lowkey love this perk. It would be super satisfying when it works, even if it's a tad situational. My only real issue with the perk is the name (just since its the name of the killer, and I feel like that would make things a little confusing).

As for the map, I think the first place is also the best route to go. Although, I think a better idea for making it bigger would to just make the outside of the restaurant playable as well. It would allow the location to be faithful to the original, while allowing for a bigger map.

Aite, that's all I had to say. Epic job!

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Base stats?

Also his power is just tracking. So unless he's a 120% Killer or something he's going to end up just being outclassed by Doctor or Legion.

• SnailTea

I understand that FNaF in DBD is a bit of a controversial subject, but thank you for reading my concept!

• SnailTea

Thank you for the very in-depth feedback! In regards to the lore, It's been a year or so since I've revisited FNaF so I mostly wrote that section based off memory and the occasional wiki article. If I revisit this concept I will rewrite the paragraph using this information! In terms of the perks, I imagine that 'A killer's addiction' would decrease attack recovery speed by 15/25/35%, or 20/30/40% with 3 tokens, and would increase walking speed by 5/6/7% with 2 tokens, or 7/8/9% with 3 tokens. If I revisit the concept the perk may change in some shape or form, I'm not sure yet. With 'Security measures', I imagine the skill checks would be more difficult than usual, although not much of a challenge to more experienced players. Think of a skill check similar to this:

In regards to the Springtrap perk, I'm glad you like it! It's my personal favourite of the three. I chose the name because it made the most sense from my other choices, although I can see how it would get confusing as everyone knows who Springtrap is. (Myers' title is 'The Shape', but everyone calls him Myers anyway.) Other possible names could be 'Delicate mechanisms' or perhaps 'Springlock'. Again, thank you very much for the feedback, it's super appreciated! 🐌

• SnailTea

Thank you for reading my concept! As most killers such as Doctor have some sort of offensive or hindering ability, and Springtrap's just a tracker, I imagine he would have 120% speed, being the fastest killer in the game (Minus Legion in frenzy). He would also have a standard terror radius, although his 'Security Measures' perk could work very nicely with perks such as Monitor and Abuse. Thank you for the feedback! 🐌

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

That's a hard PASS

• SnailTea

A FNaF chapter is highly controversial and not for everyone, but thank you for reading my concept!

• NorbiZ
    NorbiZ Member Posts: 17

After a bad day I needed a good laugh, thank you.

Anyways, no.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

You should probably make sure that's in the OP. Base stats are extremely important, especially when they are non-standard

• Semimatic
    Semimatic Member Posts: 162
    edited June 2020

I know the Springtrap x DBD posts are excessive, but this one is an actual concept that someone put time and effort into, not a cloned thread of "what do you guys think of Springtrap x DBD?" or "how do you feel about it being talked about a lot?"

Tbh that's a bit ruthless and just plain rude, this person made a concept, and you don't even have to like the character or the concept but that was really just sort of pathetic my dude. Have some respect for some people, this person means no harm. No matter how bad the franchise or concept itself is, this person didn't intentionally try to be malicious so you have no reason to be malicious back.

treat people with decency.

• NorbiZ
    NorbiZ Member Posts: 17

Alright, sorry. I do like the concept, it's not bad, I just found the idea of FNAF in DBD ridiculous.

• SnailTea

Yeah, I personally think it's a pretty goofy idea but I mostly made the concept because it's a somewhat popular discussion topic at the moment. I think it's a pretty hit or miss idea. If handled right, I think it could be pretty scary but they'd need to change a few things such as the designs of the characters. But, if handled wrong, it could become an even bigger joke in the game than people running self care with no mither.

• Semimatic
    Semimatic Member Posts: 162

You don't have to like the concept or the idea of the crossover, but this person wasn't being annoying with it or being malicious on purpose.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

i want fnaf in the game but ok it not in right not but the more hate post about it the more i want fnaf in the game.

• Onyx_Blue
    Onyx_Blue Member Posts: 1,060

I never like the idea of aura reading being in a killers base-kit. It was my issue with old Freddy too. Same with aura reading add-ons. They make for lazy gameplay. I would say to alter it to make it do this: when a survivor enters within the cameras range, Amalgamation gains a noise notification (the sound of a cctv camera rotating) indicating someone is in range of a camera. Also, the idea that the killer needs to go to a terminal on map to observe the cameras would hurt the gameplay a lot. I would suggest making it so he has the terminal on him and just uses the power button to bring the cameras onto his screen when he uses it, it then enters the cooldown after he has finished with it, just as you designed it. I would also add the Undetectable effect to Almagamation while he's observing the camera. Just to make it so survivors aren't tipped off to an afk killers location observing cameras by hearing a stationary TR.

Now, the perks, A Killers Addiction - as it is, is pretty pointless, you get the best out of it when there is 1 survivor left alive in the trial. I would say make it a Hex, and change the criteria. Slightly/Moderately/Considerabely increased action speed to Pick-up, Drop, Missed Attacks, and Successful attacks after a survivor has been killed or sacrificed. Something like that. But also, what would the number values be for the action buffs?

Security Measures - what would the percentage debuff be to repair speed? And what would each tier of the perk be?

Springtrap - i'd say that would be quite useless on lower TR killers; it would also be a waste on killers that people don't prioritise healing against. So, I would maybe suggest changing it to a 32m range, and adding that it also makes injured survivors that completed the gen suffer from the Oblivious status effect. Cooldown of 120/100/80 seconds.

As for the map, adding a new function (vents) that only survivors can navigate in would be broken. But yeah, the map would need to be the resturant, otherwise what's the point? lol

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

Honestly I'm so over these fnaf threads, but you put a lot of effort into this. Good job.

• OniKobayashi
    OniKobayashi Member Posts: 274

No.