The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

DEVELOPERS WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT DC??

You are well aware of this issue, yet you do nothing and continue letting people ruining the game and get away with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2igOO74lMLM&feature=youtu.be

Comments

• Grey87
    Grey87 Member Posts: 346

What do you want them to do?
    Give us some logical examples of how they could fix it.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

@Grey87 Something. I'm not a dev, it's not my job to think. Deduct bp, put them in low priority queue, soft ban after a certain amount of times a person dcs in a 24 hour period. I'm sure they can come up with something. They've made a game for which consumers paid money for and said screw the rest, we'll keep making money off the cosmetics and dlc. Instead of directing resources into fixing well known issues that people constantly report and complain about .

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

This is already tracked. Anytime you reach a certain percentage of disconnects for the month, you get a soft-ban that get's worse the more you do it.

Can they do more? Sure!

But you can't say they're doing nothing....

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,290

Personally my preference would be an escalating timer for each disconnect but also tell the players if they leave they will receive a penalty as a reminder. After each DC a timer would start on your account and after a week it resets but before that happens each time you DC it resets the timer and escalates the matchmaking timer.

First DC = 1 minute
    Second DC = 5 Minutes
    Third DC = 15 minutes

This would stack indefinitely and it would get to the point where a ban wouldn't even be needed. If BHVR ever gets dedicated servers though they need a reconnect option for those with bad internet or for those who crash.

• HellDescent

@FrenziedRoach I wouldn't consider that a punishment. Since not everyone plays every day and a month is a long term, it needs to be implemented daily. They need a similar system that games like rainbow 6 siege use to punish dc.

• ThisNotIt
    ThisNotIt Member Posts: 28
    How can you expext people not to DC with all the trash in this game.

Frame rate dropping during skill checks.
    Big ass bubble that takes up the whole screen when someone is hooked.
    The spam from the doctor and hag.
    Vaulting over an obstacle, both get hitting the ground and still getting hit.

Makes sense why people d/c a lot
  • FrenziedRoach

@HellDescent said:
    @FrenziedRoach I wouldn't consider that a punishment. Since not everyone plays every day and a month is a long term, it needs to be implemented daily. They need a similar system that games like rainbow 6 siege use to punish dc.

Except Rainbow 6 Siege is considerably more stable and isn't using Peer to Peer.

And remember, I said it's PERCENTAGE based. That means if you only play a few times a month, you'll hit that threshold for a softban MUCH FASTER.

Finally - the softban only starts ticking the first time you log in after it's applied. So anotherwords, if you get softbanned but don't play for 2 months, you'll still have to wait out the ban when you actually want to play.

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    edited September 2018
    ThisNotIt said:

Those are no excuse to dc 

1. Stop playing that game 
    2. It help prevent you from seeing the killer the same way if generators are done you will not see the survivors. 
    3. Those are killers who make the game a bit more challenging but could be annoying (not a valid reason to dc) sound like anyone who complain about this just don’t want to be stealthy or want an easy win 
    4. Vaulting, a killer can hit through a window. The window is not suppose to automatically protect you once you go through it

You are well aware of this issue, yet you do nothing and continue letting people ruining the game and get away with it.

I had three people who dc the entire game, they didn’t want me to mori them. So funny because the last one who dc had done all generators and refused to escape. However soon as find him he dc 
  • feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886

@Grey87 Something. I'm not a dev, it's not my job to think. Deduct bp, put them in low priority queue, soft ban after a certain amount of times a person dcs in a 24 hour period. I'm sure they can come up with something. They've made a game for which consumers paid money for and said screw the rest, we'll keep making money off the cosmetics and dlc. Instead of directing resources into fixing well known issues that people constantly report and complain about .

Killer mains don't think at all I agree

So what do you want a free win?
  • Grey87
    edited September 2018

Give us some logical examples of how they could fix it.> @HellDescent said:

@Grey87 Something. I'm not a dev, it's not my job to think.

Exactly.
    You got no solution. So maybe you should stop complaining.
    I'm sure they are aware of it. And if they don't so anything doesn't mean they don't care.
    And if they didn't do any of what you mentioned, maaaaaaybe it's because they don't want to make things worse by losing players?

• ThisNotIt
    ThisNotIt Member Posts: 28
    Iceman said:
    ThisNotIt said:

Those are no excuse to dc 

1. Stop playing that game 
    2. It help prevent you from seeing the killer the same way if generators are done you will not see the survivors. 
    3. Those are killers who make the game a bit more challenging but could be annoying (not a valid reason to dc) sound like anyone who complain about this just don’t want to be stealthy or want an easy win 
    4. Vaulting, a killer can hit through a window. The window is not suppose to automatically protect you once you go through it

I had three people who dc the entire game, they didn’t want me to mori them. So funny because the last one who dc had done all generators and refused to escape. However soon as find him he dc 
    Nah it's all validreasons to D/C. You really do have to ask yourself why so many people D/C in the first place then fix those problems and you'll no longer have to worry about disconnecting
  • Oblitiry
    Oblitiry Member Posts: 487

@Grey87 it's not my job to think.

Alright case closed! Discussion over! ^__^
  • HellDescent

@Grey87 said:
    Give us some logical examples of how they could fix it.> @HellDescent said:

@Grey87 Something. I'm not a dev, it's not my job to think.

Exactly.
    I'm sure they are aware of it. And if they don't so anything doesn't mean they don't care.
    And if they didn't do any of what you mentioned, maaaaaaybe it's because they don't want to make things worse by losing players?

You're obviously blind or can't read

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

@Tsulan said:
    They have to decrease the number of disconnects that lead to a ban. Right now it's so high that people are not afraid of disconnecting, because there is no obvious punishment. 

This

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753

@Grey87 said:

Since when you HAVE to find a solution yourself to have the right to complain about something ?

@ThisNotIt said:

Nah it's all validreasons to D/C. You really do have to ask yourself why so many people D/C in the first place then fix those problems and you'll no longer have to worry about disconnecting

People like you with this childish entitled mindset plague this game since too long.
    Mature rated game.

"M" mean mature, not man-child.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    edited September 2018

@Tsulan said:
    They have to decrease the number of disconnects that lead to a ban. Right now it's so high that people are not afraid of disconnecting, because there is no obvious punishment. 

This

Seconded. Some people only learn the hard way. And if someone has a bad connection, well, tough luck, but they should consider it before joining a lobby.

Also: if minor bugs annoy you so much that you think you can ruin FOUR other people's fun (because that's what you do by DC-ing), just go play Plants vs Zombies.
  • Usui
    Usui Member Posts: 531

Stop being a sweaty killer and you'll see less DC's

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Usui said:

Thx for confirming that you DC.
  • Usui
    Usui Member Posts: 531

@Tsulan said:
    Usui said:

Thx for confirming that you DC.

Mad? It's just fact.. when I play killer the only time I see dc's is because actual connection failures. Never bring 1 shots and never bring mori's. It's sweaty and unfair

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Tsulan said:
    Like insta heal + DS or BNP before the nerf?
    Oh wait, yes, I forgot. Only killers can be sweaty... 
    But 4 man SWF on mics are not sweaty at all.

Report and ignore. That's all.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@Grey87 said:

Punish DCs like ANY other game does it.
    We are playing a competitive game, imagine if you would be able to DC in coutnerstrike several times per day, you would easily get a few days of queue bann for that.

• Aknoton
    Aknoton Member Posts: 30

Killer should receive as many points for the detached player as for the sacrifice. KYF is exception, otherwise players will farm points. Thus, disconnect is a way to surrender and admit defeat. Remaining survivors should receive a bonus to repairing speed and points. In addition, there is a small probability that a disconnected player will lose an item of high rarity from his stocks.

• Orion

@Aknoton said:
    Killer should receive as many points for the detached player as for the sacrifice. KYF is exception, otherwise players will farm points. Thus, disconnect is a way to surrender and admit defeat. Remaining survivors should receive a bonus to repairing speed and points. In addition, there is a small probability that a disconnected player will lose an item of high rarity from his stocks.

KYF is only possible between people who are friends and doesn't award any points by default.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

@FrenziedRoach said:
    And remember, I said it's PERCENTAGE based. That means if you only play a few times a month, you'll hit that threshold for a softban MUCH FASTER.

That means, if you disconnect for a bad connection on your first game, you get an instant softban, because you are at 100% at once. Seems fair and userfriendly.

• Orion

@sulaiman said:

@FrenziedRoach said:

That means, if you disconnect for a bad connection on your first game, you get an instant softban, because you are at 100% at once. Seems fair and userfriendly.

It's percentage-based, but over a certain period of time, just like every other percentage-based system in every other game ever.

• DeadByFlashlight

@sulaiman said:

@FrenziedRoach said:

Thats how it works in ANY other competitive game too.
    Nobody complains in these games though

• sulaiman

@Tsulan said:

You know, your arguments get old fast, if you read them here time and again. The thing is: not everyone plays SWF, not all SWF are 4 player, and not all SWF use mics.

Sure, they exist, but their existence seems to be your justification to just use hollow phrases, instead of actually deal with the subject.

I never used ds, i never used instant heal, and i play 98% of my games solo.
    Yet i be oneshoted due to addons, and i was moried time and again.
    So your argument means what exactly?

(dont get me wrong: i belive moris and oneshot-addons are actually just as fair as instant heal and ds, and it is ok to use them all, and i never disconnct other than due to my provider (what happens 0-3 times a day) i just have a problem with the consistancy and relevance of your argument).

• Grey87
    edited September 2018

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Grey87 said:

We are playing a competitive game, imagine if you would be able to DC in coutnerstrike several times per day, you would easily get a few days of queue bann for that.

It's nothing close to a proper competitive game lol
    It's not your dumb csgo mate.

PS
    Just to point out something - DbD is not an esports material and will never be. Stop taking it as one.

• scerckan
    scerckan Member Posts: 149
    well theres this free game called spacelords that punishes you for like 10 min if you leave in the middle of a match, next time you try to open the game it says that you've been penalized for quitting at the game amd you have to wait to get in again. At least they could do something like that, but if the solution for this is a report option everyone knows that at the end of the day they won't do ######### to that people
  • DeadByFlashlight

@Grey87 said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Grey87 said:

It's nothing close to a proper competitive game lol
    It's not your dumb csgo mate.

PS
    Just to point out something - DbD is not an esports material and will never be. Stop taking it as one.

Yet we are forced into a competitive matchmaking.

And if you dont punish Dcs, well people gonna DC, what a surprise

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    sulaiman said:

@Tsulan said:

You know, your arguments get old fast, if you read them here time and again. The thing is: not everyone plays SWF, not all SWF are 4 player, and not all SWF use mics.

Sure, they exist, but their existence seems to be your justification to just use hollow phrases, instead of actually deal with the subject.

Yet i be oneshoted due to addons, and i was moried time and again.
    So your argument means what exactly?

(dont get me wrong: i belive moris and oneshot-addons are actually just as fair as instant heal and ds, and it is ok to use them all, and i never disconnct other than due to my provider (what happens 0-3 times a day) i just have a problem with the consistancy and relevance of your argument).

Could you please dig some more and find my last comment where I mention DS + insta heal?
    Because I'm pretty sure that I never complained about insta heals.

Of course not everyone is SWF. I also play mostly solo. I honestly think that the devs should introduce range based voice chat. So SWF with coms has no benefit against solo players.

And that being said I can't remember the last time I had a insta down hatchet huntress. My last mori was 2 weeks ago. They are both very rare. I used to see more of both of them.
  • Solis
    Solis Member Posts: 25

And about killer with ######### connection who ruin the game for everyone? I sometimes DC when my survivor teleport it self (or the killer) in a chase.

But hey, the dude insult you in private later. You just want to play, the dude who host can't host and you get screwed in every way possible.

If you talk about Ragequit it's another problem. But DC is not Ragequit everytime.
    PS4 server sucks and need to get fix.

• Orion

@Solis said:
    And about killer with ######### connection who ruin the game for everyone? I sometimes DC when my survivor teleport it self (or the killer) in a chase.

But hey, the dude insult you in private later. You just want to play, the dude who host can't host and you get screwed in every way possible.

If you talk about Ragequit it's another problem. But DC is not Ragequit everytime.
    PS4 server sucks and need to get fix.

Lag spikes happen from time to time, they're unavoidable. If you DC every time you have a lag spike, you probably shouldn't play online at all.

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753
    edited September 2018

@sulaiman said:

Good for you to be part of the 1%.

What he said is still relevant.

If it seems that he is repeating himself is because nothing really change, and those problems are still actual even after a long time.

@ThisNotIt

Said the one who took an alternate account to insults peoples, whoever he is.

Thanks for confirming the man-child part :)

• Demonsouls1993
    Demonsouls1993 Member Posts: 261

Around the same time they stop letting survivors walk all over then in other words never
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Mate, most of the crew is still in Tokyo, right? Maybe we should hold complaints until they get back?
  • sulaiman

@Giche said:

What he said is still relevant.

The topic is disconnects, and someone gave a reason why survivors disconnect.
    He replied to that. Then, you can either agree with the reasoning, or you can disagree with it, giving your own reasons why you belive the previous reasoning is false.

Responding with: "but survivors do things killers don´t like too" is not relevant to the question he replied to.
    It might be topicrelevant, if it is a reason why killers disconnect, but it didn´t seem it was intended that way.

• FrenziedRoach
    edited September 2018

If you got a problem with people playing, in your words, "Sweaty"; then stay out games with random people.

You can't expect people to play by your rules.

Listen, I used to have that mindset - people MUST play by my rules. Then I realized how stupid and futile it was to always be upset that people didn't live by those rules.

I then joined them and started playing just as hardcore. My life as a gamer got 10X easier.

Grow up and give the game your best effort and expect the opponent to do the same. Otherwise, get the hell out of random games.

FFS, this whole "try-hard" and "sweaty" bullshit.... we warned them to stop giving kids participation ribbons all those years ago.....