The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Favorite playable event and why?

NuclearBurrito
NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

I'm curious which event everyone has found the most fun to play in. For example I'm curious how many people like the crown acquisition system for this event.

Note that I don't care your opinion on the reward for each event, just your enjoyment from participating in the event in the first place.

Events that are grouped together are grouped because they are mechanically identical. Events that are not listed did not have any in-game challenge or gameplay alteration associated with them that I am aware of although I may have missed something.

I deliberately did not list any events that were only alterations to the bloodweb or directly increasing bloodpoint gain (ex: blood hunts).

Favorite playable event and why? 34 votes

1 year anniversary (5 days of community challenges)
0%
Fall masquerade (4 days of a single community challenge)
0%
Howling Grounds/Scorching Summer BBQ ( Special generators and hooks) Note: A few other events use this gimmick too, if you like this gimmick the most then just vote this one
29%
liv071981CheersShrimpTwiggsArashiNoHantaMookywolfMattie_MayhemOGzmassaniOBXZaneLunaWater 10 votes
Moonrise (Lanterns)
14%
IhatelifeDeadeyeNuclearBurritoTaigaYeebud 5 votes
Withering Blight (Special archive missions)
23%
PryzmNekoGamerXStrancolSkullKidnotstarboardarchive0seekerThegalaxy1000Nick1225 8 votes
4th year anniversary (Crown pedestal)
5%
SupernautManyAchievables 2 votes
An event I forgot to list (Please specify)
26%
Seiko300GHERBEARRULESRainbowPatooieBoosted_DwightDr_LoomisSunaIIanuPlantCollectorYogerman1997Famicx 9 votes

Comments

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

The Hallowed Blight and The Withering Blight because i like Halloween anyways find it more fun

2nd Favorite be lunar new year event.

• archive0seeker
    archive0seeker Member Posts: 54

To me the blight event somewhat suits the game and every time it ends I’m always looking forward to the next one and it’s next occupants of Blight subjects

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Moonrise (Lanterns)

I would add the Pustula Petals thing as well. I think it was the Hallowed Blight event. That was pre rift and the blossoms spawn around the map you needed to harvest.

Im tending between those two, I think for survivors the blossom event was a cooler objective. But downside that killers just had the hooks and for survivors it was a bit misdesigned as you could not harvest blossoms once you got all unlocked, stopping you from getting extra BP for harvesting.

The lanterns were cooler as it was easier to perform and competitive (althoug some disliked that). So competitive might be a downsight as well, but the bigger downside was, iirc, that you had the coins as currency which were really hard to grind, as you needed 100 for the first cosmetic, 200 for the second (being a total of 300) and so on. I just managed to reach level 6 for 2 complete outfits (2100 coins), and I play quite a bit. The last 3 levels would need another 2400 coins, so compared to the other events, the cap was quite high.

But for me, these alternative objective events were always fun, compared to just special gens granting more BP

• ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667

I'll admit, I've never played an event apart from the newest one.

So... I gotta go with that one.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426
    Howling Grounds/Scorching Summer BBQ ( Special generators and hooks) Note: A few other events use this gimmick too, if you like this gimmick the most then just vote this one

My first event that gave out cosmetics from what I believe. Got the hammer (although didn't get the shirt for Kate up until recently).

• RainbowPatooie
    RainbowPatooie Member Posts: 322

Hollowed Blight was my favorite. Wasn't too hard to get serum and cosmetics were Gucci.

• SunaIIanu
    SunaIIanu Member Posts: 810

It was Hallowed blight for me aswell.

Yeah, people killing themselves on the hook was a problem, but I really enjoyed the new objective and that it didn't make survivors and killers fight for the same objective like the moonlight did.

Withering blight wasn't an event imo. It was just annoying battlepass challenges (that had no link to the event as far as I remember) and a bit decoration ingame, pretty lazy in my opinion.

• Yogerman1997
    Yogerman1997 Member Posts: 374

Before the 4th year anniversary started and X2 bloodpoints

X2 bloodpoints events and these daily rewards whas the best one, no annoying missions, no annoying in-game objective, just free points :)

i wish the next one whas x2 bloodpoints + 50k daily reward + daily skin reward

all at the same time :))) without annoying objectives.

• NuclearBurrito
    Moonrise (Lanterns)

That's not a playable event. That's explicitly not one of the options.

Remember I'm asking about the event that's the most fun to participate in. Not the event with the most satisfying reward. Blood point events are ONLY rewards and thus don't qualify from the start.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862

Uh, the best event that Dead By Daylight ever saw? 2018's Hallowed Blight obviously! Why wasn't this listed???

If you're telling me it wasn't listed because "the withering blight was the follow up and most recent event ehmehemehmeh" NO. The Withering Blight SUCKED. It was hardly an event at all and stripped everything from its predecessor that made the entire Hallowed Blight Unique, Fun, Interesting, Mysterious, and creepy and spooky and everything a halloween event should have been, it was outstanding.

You know what the withering blight was? WITHERED PUMPKINS ON GENERATORS. And sub-par lore that didn't hold a candle to the Hallowed Blight's story tossed into the new archives. That's IT. There is absolutely no significant difference to separate the Withering Blight from some of Dead By Daylight's most boring events: The Scorching Summer BBQ event, and the Howling Grounds Lunar New Year Event.

I refer you to my one year old poll which I wrote at the time shortly after the Withering Blight went live in November of 2019 (because as you might remember, the withering blight was delayed):

63 total votes. 57 of them all agreed that the hallowed blight was better, 3 said they weren't sure, and only 3 people or 4% of respondents said the withering blight was better. An almost unanimous vote.

The absolute mess that was the Withering Blight still pisses me off to this day.

All because the community clearly and blatantly over-exaggerated the issues and faults that the Hallowed Blight suffered from, pushing the devs into a corner to respond, and they did, by massacring the best event we had ever seen at the time and would ever see for years to come. The only thing that comes close was the Lunar New Year Moonrise event of 2019

The Hallowed Blight was an incredible event. It changed the entire pace and atmosphere of the game, introducing a highly sought after secondary objective which forced survivors to juggle a kind of balancing act between doing generators, and milking visceral cankers. The Menu itself was completely overhauled festively decorated for the holiday and according to the new lore introduced, the music pushed forward that atmosphere with a slow, quiet, and creepy track which heavily contrasted the louder original Dead By Daylight theme. Each day new diary entries from an unknown character "The Alchemist" deepened the mystery and gave players something interesting to look forward to- a reason to log in and play each and every day of the event.

Hallowed Blight 2018:

Withering Blight 2019:

This was literally the only screenshot I could find. Clearly people were so excited and in awe of the menu design they forgot to take screenshots. And lemme tell ya, Ghostface, does not look happy that he was a year too late and couldn't experience the hallowed blight.

Honestly I could copy and paste everything from that thread from last year and it would still stand as valid points today. I actually encourage people to read what I wrote and what people thought about it at the time. For the rest of you I will copy and paste my concluding TL;DR statements for people to read:

"The visceral canker added so much more than just a secondary objective, it provided atmosphere for the event, really letting you know that something was off in the realm of the entity. Taking this key and crucial feature away from the event took away the one thing that made it unique, distinctive, and fun.

The removal of the only change in gameplay (the visceral cankers) left the community with nothing but normal gameplay, which we can already experience most 80% of the 365 days of the year. Events are meant to shake things up and change things slightly, along with the last years Hallowed Blight, the Moonrise event was also a perfect example of how the devs were able to accomplish this.

The Menu is so much less festive in comparison to last years hallowed blight, and the year prior's All Hallows Eve. All there is left are a few pumpkins and the sad husk of what used to be a pumping, pulsing, creepy visceral canker. Even the music seems to be toned down in the menu especially in the killer character selection screen where we see more and more killers have unique themes applied to them when selected (The Clown, The Legion, The Shape, The Demogorgon, etc.) the spooky event theme should always take priority during an event

The Diary Entries released every single day from last year gave something to look forward to, and a reason to play each and every single day. It gave you enough information but left you with something new to leave you in suspense the same way a TV show keeps you coming for another episode."

I really hope they do better this year for 2020.

• NuclearBurrito
    Moonrise (Lanterns)

I literally missed Hallowed Blight when I was making the list.

It definitely belongs on it and I do not consider Withering Blight to be a follow up. It was 100% a mistake and if I could edit it into the list (I can't) I would.

• GHERBEARRULES
    GHERBEARRULES Member Posts: 265

Winter Solstice 2017. It was when I first started playing the game.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

I still have anxiety about grinding out some of the above, so have voted for this 4th anniversary. All done in a couple of days after work!

• Famicx
    Famicx Member Posts: 55

The Hallowed Blight was imo the best event they ever made.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,771

Nothing like ignoring gens for that sweet succ succ