Hate towards a FNaF Chapter

Options
Springey
Springey Member Posts: 286

With all the FNaF Chapter ideas/requests popping up, there, of course, comes hate with it.

But why?

The community? You meant he community that grew up now? And even if there are these people you consider 'cringe children', where would you see them? You won't even play with them in matches if you're good enough. The forums have mods, same with the discord.

Springtrap wouldn't fit? He fits aesthetically just fine, just little tweaks here and there to make him fit the style of DbD even more. 'But he's dead'... Spirit is also. There are the games and there are the novels both in different universes to say it simple. A FNaF Chapter based on the novels could give us Springtrap, 1/more survivors and a map. And with the new FNaF game coming up we would even have another solid killer option next to Springtrap. Vanny as the killer, a female (night-)guard if she is going to important and a 80s styled mall as the map.

All in all, that'd just mean more content, more players and more money for BHVR. You wouldn't even notice the children you talk about. Same could have been said for Stranger Things.

I feel like the most just go with the mass without even doing research and copy whatever the mass says.

Comments

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409
    Options

Well the thing is for Stranger things it became more for adult audiences later on as the seasons got darker but I get what your saying and honestly I wouldn't mind seeing Fnaf come to DBD I just don't want to see a full blown chapter though, as cool as it sounds I just don't see how it could work with a survivor, and yes CHarlie would fit the role but I'm not sure if the novels are in fact canon. Plus you'll need a map and I don't think the resturant will fit because its way too small. But its an interesting idea nonetheless, I just want to see a paragraph and that's it.

• Springey
    edited June 2020
    Options

Like I said on other threads, maps could be similar to haddonfield/springwood (styled not gameplay) or a unique mall map. Charlie wouldn't fit as she is a robot. Her friends make sense to be survivors though. Springtrap could be the killer of this chapter aswell, they'd also have more freedom as novel Springtrap doesn't have a set design. Just make it based on the novel trilogy.

And like said above with the new coming up we have a new killer option, Vanny, a potential survivor and a 80s styled mall map. That FNaF Chapter would be based on the games then.

• lucid4444
    lucid4444 Member Posts: 682
    Options

Probably because they didn't like the game or the audience that was attracted to it. It was a cheaply made jumpscare game that went viral, there are TONS of them out there on steam. It would make more sense to import the monster from Amnesia, rather than this or something like a Minecraft Creeper. DBD is just more mature/dark/edgy

• Springey
    Options

FNaF isn't mature/dark/edgy? I mean yeah, the gameplay isn't but look beyond that. Look beyond the games even.

• Dabihwow
    Options

Yeah I get that Fnaf does feel like it is for younger audiences but at times it can get so dark to the point its for adults, so there's that.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

I have no idea what it is. From what I can piece together from what people are saying it sounds like crap.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options
  • Mookywolf
    Mookywolf Member Posts: 907
    Options

the games already been pretty censored by the devs themselves, this game coule be WAY more brutal. also, its already been tried and failed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o36-byW6ZTo

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

I'd say multiple posts being made about it are increasing the hate. Be nice if the mods could just merge them all.

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681
    Options

Who would the killer even be? A slightly menacing teddy bear?

Who would the survivor be? A security camera?

• Dabihwow
    Options

Oh my lord , seriosly answer me this, WHO THE (BAD WORD) WOULD A CHILD PLAY THIS GAME?

• Doultime
    Doultime Member Posts: 82
    Options

The argument that stranger things doesnt fit its stupid. Stranger things like dbd its a love letter to old slasher movies that a bunch of the playerbase loves. Fnaf is a jumpscare game with "deepest lore" on par with slenderman/jeff the killer.

Idc if they add freddy or whoever u want in the game but you have to understand, there is people that wont find cute animatronics screaming their thing.

Also when people say fnaf is cringy is not about the children that loves the series its the tone/design of the games

• Semimatic
    Semimatic Member Posts: 162
    edited June 2020
    Options

Man, I'd be fine with Springtrap being added into DBD, but I don't get why there are so many of these threads. It's a popular subject so I responded to a decent amount of them, but there's so many of these and it's sort of odd. I'm all for if you want or don't want him, but please just give actual content to show and talk about while doing so and make this less of an endless cycle of:

They should add Springtrap.

No, that's cringe.

People should really only be talking about this now whenever they might want to share a concept or objectively give a sort of essay on why or why not they should be added. I'm sick of seeing these threads of the same exact things. I think BHVR gets the memo that some people want FNaF and some people don't, can we stop with these threads?

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099
    Options

Yes, books. I want the dark tower books instead of the flaming pile of garbage, that is five nights at Freddy's.

• nicknack
    nicknack Member Posts: 253
    Options

My general opinion is that while yes the comunity itself may have grown up but the franchise is still being marketed towards kids by youtubers and like others said we really dont need more toxicity in this comunity and i would just want more original chapters because this comunity has some amazing concepts.

• shwag
    shwag Member Posts: 417
    Options

K ? Really do not care for them or for you or the op. They asked why the hate and I responded.

• NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810
    Options

At this point, it's becoming increasingly apparent who dislikes FNaF after giving it a fair experience, and who is just bandwagoning hate. I've already presented all of my evidence based reasoning, only to be met with comments full of ignorance. That's not saying the idea doesn't have it's fair share of supporters too, but I guess it's a lot easier to say "No" and move on then to actually give FNaF a fair chance (god forbid).

That being said, my stance on the situation should already be clear: I would like to see a FNaF chapter in DbD some day, whether its the next chapter, or 5 chapters down the road.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556
    Options

Well obviously. When you explain things in a negative light they sound #########.

Like.

"Halloween is a movie where a guy with a knife kills people, there's several parts of the movie where the killer just stands there and doesn't do anything."

Now, assuming you watched halloween, this description is not wrong. But it is dishonest. I'm trying to make it sound bad.

So, let me give you another description of fnaf.

It is a resource management game. You have limited power and must survive 5 nights while killer animatronics make their way towards you. They all behave differently and you must learn the best method to deal with each of them. If yoy run out of power or can't deal with 1 of them, you die.

Now... doesn't that sound much better than "you press m1 in a room"?

This is the very first game, more stuff is added in later games.

The games are basically 1 dollar each on steam right now if you wanna check them for yourself. (And you should, before deciding on what you think of them)

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725
    Options

The real children here are the self centered brats who think something they don't like but CLEARLY has a mass appeal shouldn't be added.

• shwag
    Options

Mass appeal ? Hahaha no. Prove it ?

Spamming the forum with these kiddy threads is not mass appeal, if you and your entitled kid brigade want to turn dbd into a fluffy bubblegum clown shoe style game by all means convince the devs to add it.

I personally would not stick around if they ever do.

You are allowed to have an opinion and so am I.

• superpanda999
    superpanda999 Member Posts: 57
    Options

If I may ask, (I’m new here. Just signed up yesterday) where did these sudden FNaF speculations come from? Was something teased by the FNaF creator?

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725
    Options

This doesn't make you look clever. On the contrary, it makes you look ignorant. It makes it seem like you have absolutely no clue what FNAF is about to figure this out on your own, and even after having Springtrap suggested time and time again by others, you still can't figure out who the wanted killer would be.

Stranger Things is nothing like old slasher movies. It's almost pure action/sci fi. It barely even qualifies as horror. That being said, I have absolutely no problem with Stranger Things being added to DbD because I'm not so self centered that I think my personal judgement of horror should be reason to stop characters being added to DbD so that other people can enjoy them.

Also, the lore in FNAF is a lot more complex than the lore in Stranger Things. The problem is that genius of FNAF's lore is that you have to do deductive work and research in order to figure it out so people that like puzzle solving love the lore's complexity. Meanwhile people who lack the intellect required to put effort in to understand something also tend to be lacking the intellect to realize that they don't understand what they clearly don't understand. Then they proceed to go make ignorant comments in their arrogance.

There's a petition with over 8000 added saying they want FNAF added to the game and you know it. But you're so blatantly biased and close minded that you can look straight at that and say "No, not possible. Must be fake." If you want proof, stop shoving your fingers in your ear and screaming "no no no no no" at everything that proves it.

• nicknack
    nicknack Member Posts: 253
    Options

im not trying to be rude here just because there is a petiton it dosent me the devs will add it. personally i want more original characters rather than more licensed characters (unless its clem cause shes the best)

• shwag
    edited June 2020
    Options

Yep.. Not reading all that dribble nor do I care to keep going.

I said what I had to say and that's it.

Padded numbers on a petition that means nothing and will do nothing ever is laughable.

If that is your proof you should Google the outcome of past video game petitions and see how those ended up.

• Szauek
    Szauek Member Posts: 24
    Options

This is a petition for Springtrap as a New killer in DbD, almost 8,500 people signed it. U know why?

Beacouse if u dont want fnaf chapter (paragraph) it wont Change the game for u, but for someone who wants it will make the game better and more interesting. So that's why we really want him in game.

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953
    Options

I don't have hate against it but the game looks like crap. Including Springtrap. He could be fun to play, depending on his powers.

• Doultime
    Doultime Member Posts: 82
    Options

This post is kinda sad tbh.

I pray u get what u want, in the meantime try to tone down the spam and copypasta threads/comments

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636
    Options

Boring "killer" and design. I'd rather a killer who is actually scary not only on design but function.