How Is the DBD Rift Leveling System OK?

2»

Comments

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited June 2020

They want you to pay for the tiers. You have be a hardcore player (as in play the hell out of the game each day) or spend money on the tiers in order to have a reasonable chance at getting to tier 70. That's probably a reason as to why highly requested features such as being able to select more than one challenge haven't been added. They'd reduce the grind and lower the chances of people spending money on tiers. I completed most of the challenges in tome 2 and only made it to tier 50.

I would not be surprised if people don't count queue times (only gameplay times) when talking about how long it took them to finish a Rift.

• TreSen
    TreSen Member Posts: 186

Look up how to get Argentina pricing. Nickle and dime them back.

Or just don't buy their ######### altogether.

• 2LuvRias
    2LuvRias Member Posts: 352

Fastest way to level up is just to play and play well. Can only speak from personal experience but i rank up faster on Killer

• Iron
    Iron Member Posts: 241

What are you talking about? The free side has a full Feng and Spirit cosmetic set and a Kate top, Huntress axe, and another Feng head. This stuff if bought separately in store would be worth more than the $10 for the rift pass and they are all on the free side.

• USELESS
    USELESS Member Posts: 1,151

Look for all the empty spaces, they could at least give us some shards or bloodpoints

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

U can get full xp by farming aswell because the xp gain only determined by match length.

First off all they have still grindy challenges. Alone the "20 totems" challenge will cost you 4 matches at best. Reality is more like 7-10 matches.

What the community wants is more frags per challenge and overall less grind.

I think botting is bannable tho.

But as far as I know going afk is fine. @Peanits can you confirm this?

• Iron
    Iron Member Posts: 241

No, they have no obligation to do so and they shouldn't either. As soon as people like you get their way with asinine things like this then you keep asking for more. It is a free side that is rewarding you with cosmetics for just playing the game, be happy with what you get ffs

• JimPickens
    JimPickens Member Posts: 158

I haven't bought anything but the first battle pass and some cells to buy adam and Ash when they were on sale. If i can get an actual fair price that way i just might tho

• Scourge
    Scourge Member Posts: 145
    edited June 2020

Remeber that you get 300 exp for your first killer/survivor match each day. If you do that over the next 14 days (that the rift is still here) thats 8.400 bonus exp, i know its not much but atleast it shaves off like 10.5 games

Edit: Also with the Event comming up tomorrow these levels will feel like nothing XD your gonna blast though them.

• Zender
    Zender Member Posts: 178

These “I play DbD a few matches a night and a little on the weekends and I’m tier 70 by the time tome 4 came out” statements are utter bullcrap.

Covid has afforded me time to play 25+ hours a week for 4+ weeks and I’ve demolished 95% of tome 1, 2, and 3. I’m like 56.

If you include wait time for matches aka real life time I would say on average to get to tier 70 is something close to 150 hours (providing you do 80% plus of the challenges.)

Some of these players are simply not realizing they are investing 40+ hours a week for multiple weeks to be done by now.

I have something I do for 40 hours a week.... it’s called a job.

• DubieDoo
    DubieDoo Member Posts: 1

The point is, DBD shouldn't be a full time job to unlock cosmetics that you've already paid for by buying the pass. It's just a grind to get people to play more thereby boosting their concurrent players. That's the whole point of battle passes. But I shouldn't have to play constantly to complete it. I have work and other games that come out that I would like to play but I feel like It's a waste of money if you don't complete the pass. Hell, on apex legends I am already over halfway through the battle-pass and I still have 2 months til their season ends. I can honestly not play at all for a month and still get the battle-pass complete whereas DBD you have to be playing pretty much the whole season or you're gonna be playing 4-6 hours a day grinding out the last month. Ive probably put twice as much time into DBD as I do apex and get half the progress for the time spent.

• ggallinftw
    ggallinftw Member Posts: 351

I'd rather buy a skin that i want instead of one they tell me to so I won't buy the battlepass ever. Unless maybe I was somehow able to complete the rift and still enjoy other interests/aspects of life besides DBD.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974

I love the answer you're finishing challenges too quickly. The OP is good so they have to keep playing after finishing in order to get everything. It IS broken.

Make each challenge worth a level and problem solved.

• Kelmat
    Kelmat Member Posts: 30

So i still need to play 128 games in 17 days which is like 8 games per day and it's like playing 5 hours each day considering queues too.

I agree that the rift is grindy and maybe they should do something about it, but how in the world it takes you 5 hours to play 8 games? That's 40 minutes per game including queues. If you need to play 8 games per day it shouldn't take you more than 3 hours, and that's assuming you are getting 20 minutes matches which is really long.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

I don't even bother trying to go for it.

The free track isn't worth while at all. And it's more like a chore than just being part of the game. And to even warrant buying it, I would have to finish it.

It sucks.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

I really wish battle passes never became so popular. Such a boring, low effort form of new content that companies have taken to doing so often now instead of using that time to fix their games. How many battle passes have we got from BHVR now? 3 in 9 months. Just sucks that they can shove content like this out like it's nothing, and things like the sound continues to get worse with each update. They need to get some serious help on their technical side or its gonna get to a point where people will no longer put up with it.