One more rant abut this game from fresh player

Options

So, why as survivor i always get less points than Killer? Do i play less? Do i have less to do? If anything, playing as survivor is more stressful experience. I dont see any reason to get less rewards in bloodpoints.

I will say even more - playing as survivor i got 2 fixed gens alone, 2 totems, saving few people from hooks, Killer didnt even know i exist to the very end, when only two of us left alive... And i still got less points than some player, who constantly needs to be saved from hook. There should be "Undetected" status or something to reward stealth gameplay. Isint that the point? To stay undetected? And yet im always punished for staying low and doing my job quietly.

On top of that, when im sneaking and hiding in one place, because some Killer is lurking around forever, i got punished by this crow over my head, but when Killer is clearly camping close to hook (i can see him around 16m or something), he can do this forever. There should be penalty for him too, because if anyone he should be mobile all the time, hunting and chasing. Why no penalty for them?

Next, i dont understand how my 17 rank basic skills Trapper killer is connected to 2x 1st rank players. Yeah, bad times. Of course they can outplay me.

I dont understand why killer skills cancel aura reading, and survivors have nothing to do the same. On top of that evaryone can have leatherface skill to know where survivors are hiding. Maybe sneaking as survivor should cancel any killer aura reading skills? IMO that would be fair, if i can see invisible durpy, i should have that option too.

--------------------------------

MOST ANNOYING KILLERS TO PLAY AWARDS

Invisible Durpy Dude - Honorable Mention

So - GhostFace - i can see him, but not hear him. Invisible Dude - i cannot hear him or see him... I should be able to hear him. He gets honorable mention tho. Its just stupid, or maybe he should be more visible closer and totally invisible from far away?

Pig Me Up - Honorable Mention

Another one with this dumb mechanic that force player to run around map like a moron.

Vomit Gun Lady - 2nd Place

Damn she is annoying. Everything can be poisoned and players cant touch it, or they will be poisoned. Basically that could cancel any interaction in teamplay game... Yeah, great design guys. At least those fountains are everywhere, so she is on 2nd.

Dumb Doctor - 1nd Place

...i could not decide, both are ######### to play against. He will screw up my vision, quick events and on top of that cancel any interaction until i waste some time to claim down. All of this is fine. But as survivor, i cant fight back, i cant outrun (most of the times) my enemy, i have to hide. Thats the only way to win, basically. And with this dude around i cant do that. I cant do the only thing to win. My hero screams constantly and i cant do nothing about it. Often i dont even see the killer, often he is so far away, i berly hear any heartbeat.

There should be one scream at best on 3rd state, or this should be max 90 degree 25 meters ability with cooldown, not spamable AOE. :/ With him around this game become unplayable and pointless.

Fureddy - 1st place

When i fight him, i just give up now. I come to him and let him kill me. I tried, seriously. Last time when i did it was a good match too, nobody got hooked until second gen fix in Laboratory, everything was great... except Freddy. That second gen fix was taking forever, because not only i needed to avoid killer, but every single time when i got to gen and tried to fix it it was time up, and i was forced to run like a moron to another clock. Of course i cant use any clock, oh no, only this one far, far, far away from me. Not only that was very long match, but i spended something around 65% of it running around like a idiot to use another clock. IT - IS - NOT - FUN. And yes, i know about this "wake me up" ability. When devs playtested this dumb idea, they didnt play with random people for sure. A lot of people dont even understand what is going on and why should they get that clock. Bad design, bad killer, bad mechanic, everything is bad here. Pointless waste of my time. Better get killed.

Comments

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

Very common complains and most of them understanable, we all have been there when you are new and confused about a lot of things, Survivor is very hard when you are starting, with time it gets better as you start to get a hang of how to play but until then it might be a very miserable experience, I recomend you play Killer a bit more at first as you can learn how to play both roles from an easier point (Killer is way easier for beginers).

The point thing is because while Survivors can start the game without items and perform pretty much the same, Killers are more dependant on add-ons. Also some time ago Survivors didnt lose their add-ons after finishing the game if they survived so they needed less while Killers always lost them so they needed more points to keep buying add-ons.

• FGC_HELP
    FGC_HELP Member Posts: 114
    Options

This is gold. Honestly there's so much to reply to it's slightly overbearing but I will do much best by numbering paragraphs.

1# I feel that in retrospect since it is a 1v4 the person playing alone is rewarded for successfully outplaying 4 others.

2# gaining the undetectable status is only for killers as survivors already own this ability naturally since the killer cannot hear a heartbeat when near survivors or see any form of directional red stain.

3# the crows spawn to assist killers in finding people who either intend on holding the game hostage or being afk and not assisting the team. Also since the killer is technically the one in charge of the game they may decide to camp a survivor in attempt to bait an unsafe rescue or race around the map to apply constant pressure, this is their lobby and they have the control of how the game is played.

4# being paired against survivors not your rank is a way of keeping the game spontaneous as facing the same ranks may be impossible at certain hours of the day. Imagine your rank 1 but the only people playing are below rank 10, you will never be loaded into a game for hours unless a red rank killer and red rank survivors all are online and searching for lobby's all at the same time.

5# you actually can counter barbeque and chili as this perk cannot work on you if you hide in a locker, also sneaky players know you can hide directly in the line of sight of a generator and be hidden since the red aura of the generator will hide the crouching red aura of the survivor.

Phew, it was a lot but I hope I helped in some ways.

Yes ghostface is very toxic to play against but an extremely easy counter against ghostface, wraith, any stealth killer is spine chill as it gives you a very large head start since the perk activates when the killer looks towards you within a certain radius of you. Yes it counters every killer ability and any perk or add-on

• uBoluCha
    uBoluCha Member Posts: 121
    edited June 2020
    Options

the only toxic thing i found about GF is Tbag 😂

i would recommend you to play swf with some random people so you're not get stressed over it, and for BP yeah killer get more point 'cause killer can get point for every action (hit survivor,kick gen/pallet, chase,success using special ability, hooking, late hooking, found survivor, and more) when survivor just have : gen, totem, chased, stun, heal, unhook, open door, blind killer, distraction/protection hit and have to divide it to 4 so it's kinda hard to get 32k

• LudvigVonBastard
    LudvigVonBastard Member Posts: 13
    Options

Maybe you should play more, because if you hear them breathing you are already dead. :/ Also, footsteps, really? Are you joking?

And yes, it is more stressful.

Dont say, its very common? Maybe because this is the experience of 95% of players? Just look at achievements. ONLY 46% of players have most common achievements (Yeah, this here alone should be starting point for someone responsible to gameplay in this game). So we can safely assume 56% of players are even more confused as me. 3,8% had at least once 1st rank with Killer, and 6,3% as survivor, so 6,3% are pros, like you. I beat at leas half of remaining 40% playerbase have similar experience like me. We are the "noobs" with "only" 50h on clock. So yeah, i beat its very common. This is the experience most of the players have.

While playing now i see quotes from "Game Director", "Gameplay Tester" etc. They all should be fired. My god, so many people allowed this? "New" player experience in this game is miserable. Truly miserable. I seen more fluid gameplay even in F2P games, and those games are designed to make my experience miserable.

And BTW im not new with my 50h, at this point im advanced. 50h is a LOT of my freaking time.

Learn to read. Thanks. :*

Well, if you are standing in grass and killer (i guess he didnt care about time) is looking for you sometimes 2m away, lurking around you over and over again, you cannot really move because you will die. :)

Hiding is the only strategy survivors have, and yet they are punished for that. Not only with crows, but if you dont interact with killer whole game, also with bloodpoints.

Gold? Thanks, you are too kind. :)

1. It dosent matter. First of all even after escape usually Killers have more points. And one more time - do i play less as survivor? NO. I dont. I play the same game, as long as i can, doing my best. I should not be punished just because im playing survivor. Seriously, it dosent make any sense. They dont need to outsmart anything, they have weapons.
    2. Eee... What? If he can block aura reading by skills, survivors also should have this ability. Yes, survivors have no heartbeat, but running, breathing, fixing gen, jumping - everything make a noise. And on top of that killer gets visual indicator. On top top of that, they see running scratches. They dont need hear heartbeats.
    3. This explanation also desent make any sense.
    4. Yeah... And how do you explain lobby where my 15 level basic trapper is connected to 2x<10 and 2x<4? It was impossible to find better killer? Im thaaaat good? :)
    5. Dude, HOW you can hide from BAC perk, when you dont even know killer have it? Thats the point. When i play LF its ok, he will know where im, i can react to that. I have problem with cross-perks, when Legion finds you because BAC you will never know why until game ends. Not only cross-perks make every killer the same, but also the whole perk system is unbalanced because of that, and survivors cant react respectively.

Ps. I dont have any problem with Ghostface, he is fine.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
    Options

I can't hear footsteps of killers? How can you, special settings?

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,100
    Options
  • burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,100
    Options

1. If you want to play any killer with all perks you have to obtain all perks on all killers, because each on has a different special ability (Trapper=traps, Wraith=invisibility, Nurse=teleport, and so on). The survivor on the other hand are just different skins. You level all to 40 to get the teachables an then get all perks on your favourite. Before you say "but you don't have to play multiple killers, just play your favourite killer", the difference for killer and survivor is that one survivor character plays like everyone else except for visibility and depends solely on the load out.

Oh and the lesser amount of points is not a punishment for survivors but the other way around an incentive for killers to play 1 vs 4.

2. There is a perk for nearly every trace a survivor leaves.

Breathing/pain grunting = iron will

Screaming = calm spirit

Jumping = balanced landing

Repairing a gen = technician

No indicator on fast vaults or lockers= quick and quiet

Aura reading from the killer = distortion

And the list goes on.

3. This mechanic is to prevent survivor to go afk or simply hide indefinetly by standing in one spot. If the killer does not have any aura reading perk and the survivor is for example standing in a locker, there is nearly no way for the killer to find him without testing every single locker on the map. It takes a considerable amount of time for the first crow to circle around you and double that time for the killer to get a notification.

Also experienced player have to learn to loop the killer. You will not get into the high simply by playing completely stealth on the other side of the map away from the killer. That is not intended by the devs emblem system.

4. The matchmaking at the moment is broken since half a year ago. The longer the waiting time is the broader the matching field becomes. At the beginning it searches maybe 3 ranks +/- from your own but expands that until everyone is in range. Also other swf groups of 2 or 3 people will be matched using either their lowest/highest or average rank, I don't know which of the three exactly.

5. He told you, just go at the opposite site of a generator you are working on as soon as you see the hook indicator. Or go into a locker before the killer hooks a downed survivor. Or if you are in neither situations, move in one direction and count to 4 and move in the opposite direction since the killer only sees the aura for 4 seconds.

To your opinion that survivor is harder than killer, yes it is in the beginning but playing killer in high ranks becomes the more stressful role. Survivor can not attack a killer (except pallets) but they can waste his time with a multitude of second chance perks, looping, pallets and so on. But from your post I take it that your only Playstile until now was to play stealthy.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

"Survivor is more stressful experience" - LudvigVonBastard

Best quote in 2020 DBD.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited June 2020
    Options

"When i fight him, i just give up now."

PVP games are not for you then young Jedi. PVP games are for those who enjoy facing a human opponent and overcoming the challenge of doing so.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

My head hurts..

• MarksmanSpecal
    MarksmanSpecal Member Posts: 117
    Options

Stopped reading after "Survivor is more stressful than killer".

But yeah, maybe you expect to loop a Killer 5 gens long with 50 hrs experience, but thats not how this game works. Thats not how any game works. I ´m not sure how many hours i spent to understand the tiles, maps, perks, snyergies and so on. But, í m sure it took me more than 50 hrs.

Play both sides to get an understanding of each side, maybe play with more experienced players, or just join a custom game with someone who can show u maps, tiles and loops. Dont wish it was easier, try to get better.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    edited June 2020
    Options

| "Maybe you should play more, because if you hear them breathing you are already dead. :/ Also, footsteps, really? Are you joking?

And yes, it is more stressful."

LMAO

This thread is gold. Playing Survivor is relaxing compared to playing as a Killer. Just because you think you understand how the game works doesn't mean you actually do. I use to play Killer a lot but I main Survivor now because I'm not masochistic enough to go through the hell that is playing Killer between starting it (fun, easy with bad survivors) and mastering it.

Wanna know what you do when the Killer is camping a hook? Do Gens. The Killer is getting little out of camping the survivor and if they hold out for the whole 2 minutes multiple Gens can be done before the Killer decides to do anything.

You know, instead of just sitting around, getting crows(ie. literally doing nothing).

| "And yet im always punished for staying low and doing my job quietly."

What is your "job" you are talking about here exactly? If you aren't getting into chases you aren't getting the BP for that. And if you are sitting around scared of the Killer you are getting no BP for doing nothing.

Eventually you'll learn that you can literally just run most of the time and things will just get easier from there. I can tell by this thread if you play enough you'll eventually become one of those annoying, bullying survivors because "I am so good, playing Survivor is so hard and playing Killer is so easy if you can't catch me you suck and deserve tbagging at pallets/exit gate and being flashlighted all the time."

• FondaDix
    FondaDix Member Posts: 173
    Options

Killers

Vs survivors

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994
    Options

Just stop playing? They won't change much of the killer and even when they do, that takes months.

• grassdirtsky
    grassdirtsky Member Posts: 174
    Options

Crows take like 2 minutes to appear, how long were you hiding?

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
    Options

With the same headset I play other games like apex legends. In apex I hear footsteps very well, like across the other building etc. But in dbd ooof nothing. I only music and ambient noises blasting into my ear, but since over 2 years I was not able to hear footsteps of survivors nor of killers. I also can't hear ghostface doing his noises when in stealth mode. I legit have fully rely on my eyes and that's often to late :D

• Owlzey
    Owlzey Member Posts: 442
    Options

If you stay in one place long enough to get crows (aka sitting there doing nothing) you deserve to get downed honestly. Playing insanely stealthy isn't going to help your team.

• Ash_Williams
    Ash_Williams Member Posts: 10
    Options

Pig Me Up - Honorable Mention

Another one with this dumb mechanic that force player to run around map like a moron.

The point of their power is to mainly waste survivor's times and kill them, this should be obvious. If a survivor is running around the map they are wasting time not doing gens and exposing themself to the killer.

• ThGameIsHardButSoAmI
    ThGameIsHardButSoAmI Member Posts: 196
    Options

some of your frustations are normal but:

"Hiding is the only strategy survivors have, and yet they are punished for that."

what?? it isn't

and if you get crows it means you are in the exact same spot for a looooot of time, you can move between trees and rocks, you dont have to stay still for like 3 mins.

And you don't have to run for the clocks everytime you fall asleep, spending half of the game running around chasing the clock is useless and if you ######### when you face freddy because you don't understand him, you are part of the problem and the reason other new players quit

• dannyfrog87
    dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 567
    Options

go play killer and experience it then you will know what stress is. i didnt even read the whole post when i read "survivor more stressful than killer" you are a new player play both sides learn the ropes you will change your tune lol

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,114
    edited June 2020
    Options

I can understand your frustration, everything is new and you have not found out some mechanics yet. Hell, even I with 2.8k hrs (playing both sides) still learn stuff.

But I have to tell you something:

-Your points: Doing Gens alone without anyone else gives less bloodpoints (BP) than if you do co-op. You will get more points for your rank though, if working alone. Although unhooking/heling and doing totems gives you a lot of BP, being chased by the Killer and trowing pallets, stunning them and vaulting gives also a lot of points. Also escaping gives you 5k BP, getting the Hatch gives you 2.5k on top of it. If you are not chased and die in the match, then your chances are higher to have less points that another mate who got chased (and you had to rescue) but escaped. Being stealthy gives you points too... but not as much as when you get chased.

-The Crow: This little thingy is to help Killers with AFK survivors or constantly hiding people. Without these, you would never find Claudette in the bush, who laid something on her CTRL button to perma crouch while being AFK. Even if the Killer searches the area (~10-20m around you) you can change position while being undetected. I hate the perk, but "Urban Evasion" from Nea Karlsson is great for that.

-Camping Killers: They get punished for their rank up. But I wish it would be higher too. Don't mind them, though, they don't know that it is better to find another survivor soon. They do this even at red ranks.

-Matchmaking: I hate it too. Believe me. It is no fun to go against newbies.

-Aura Reading of Killers: I think you mean perks like BBQ & Chili (the Leatherface Skill), A Nurse's Calling and Dark Sense. To conter BBQ i can only recommend you going into the locker befor the Killer hooks the other survivor. When he is hooked, wait until the "bouble" around the hook vanishes (these are 5s, BBQ is 4s), then exit the locker. Nurse's Calling and Bitter Murmur are more difficult to counter but sooner or later you will get a sence for it. Also the perk "Distortion" from Jeff Johansen helps to get a feeing for this. It hides your Aura and Scratchmarks 3 times if your Aura would be shown to the killer for 6/8/10s.

Stealth Killers (aka Pig, Ghostface, Wraith) got immunity against Aura reading perks (Status "Undetectable"), mainly because the Perk "Object of Obsession" from Laurie Strode (often used at high ranks and SWF) was an unfair hard counter to these Killers. If they used their power to reduce their Terror Radius to 0, you could see them until you could scratch their noses. Normal distance for this perks Aura reading is from 56/64/72m to the Killers Terror Radius (32m default, 24/20/16m for slower Killers and Michael Myers in EWII). It was a needed buff for these Killers.

Killers:

-Ghostface or other stealth Killers: Use "Spine Chill" or "Premonition" (both common perks). They are your best friends. Spine Chill is in my base kit for survivor.

-Pig:That's her power and it is meant to slow down the gen repairs. She has only 4 masks (max 5 with an add-on). Normally you only need to do one. It is RNG dependent if you have to search one or all boxes. It is only unfun if the Killer chases you when you got a helmet on, else it takes only 2:30min max. Because that is the default timer before it explodes.

-Plague: For newbies it is hard to stay injured all the time, but the sooner you get used to it, the better. So just go on the gen even if she puked on it.

-Doc: Yep, hes nuts against newbies who can't hit skillchecks properly. But no better Killer to learn it I guess? Your character screams all the time if he/she is in Madness III. you have to calm yourself, then he/she is quiet again. Use "Calm Spirit" from Jake Park to counter the screaming (if you really hate him that much) or go into a locker if he is nearby. His shocks can't reach you there. Before his rework, he used to give you more madness the closer you were to him. Now it is fine and more consistent. His power is basically FINDING survivors and denying them pallets/windows. His 360 has 60s cooldown by default. This is not "spammable".

-Freddy: I as a Freddy Main, can confirm that he is very strong, even at high level play. He's even a good Killer without perks/add-ons. You know that you don't need to wake up? The only thing he get's when you are asleep is a shorter cooldown for his teleport (you can live with that). No aura reading or slowdown (without add-ons) while asleep like before the rework. I only wake up, if there's 3 people alseep on a gen with a failed skill check, if the clock is on my way to the next gen or if I have "Borrowed Time" and I want to use it.

PS: Survivor is mor stessfull at the beginning, but believe me: Killer get's more and more stressfull than survivor once you climb up the ranks.

• WheresTheGate
    WheresTheGate Member Posts: 575
    Options

While killers definitely get more points than survivors I won't attempt to say that's fair or unfair since I play as a survivor main. I don't have a basis for comparison. On the other hand I think the way survivor points are awarded is beyond ridiculous. Just finished a match a few minutes ago where in which I did 3 generators, 2 totems, healed one person, and opened an exit gate. The other 3 survivors basically took turns removing each other from hooks. They didn't finish 1 single generator between them. They might have done a totem. Who knows?

They all 3 scored more points than I did. These 3 contributed very little, if anything at all, towards the objectives yet all 3 scored more points than I did doing 3 generators and opening a gate. Survivors that are doing nothing other than taking turns getting hung should never be able to have more points than someone that completes multiple objectives.

• Thypari
    Thypari Member Posts: 67
    Options

This is my list of issues:

* Game looks dated: The game currently looks like a game from 2005. Even the "updated visuals" I saw on youtube still look like a game from 2015. There is no excuse to have a game look like this when there is stuff like "quixels" which enables single digit developer teams to make a game look awesome.

* No graphic settings - is this a mobile game?

* Can't set multiple keys for the same action

* Survivors are all the same: While killers have their unique ability, survivors only have their perks - which at some point are sharable.

* Survivors are not all the same: They have different heights but the camera is always the same position. That makes playing large survivors a disadvantage. A small survivor blocks 50% vision of the screen (from bottom upwards) while large ones up to 80%(!!!)

* Matchmaking sucks. Why do killers with 4 perks and lots of unlocked shared perks play against players with only 1-2 perks? Also the other way round? Do the devs really think even if you are rank 1 killer, that you can win with a lvl 3 killer with no perks unlocked against max level survivors?

* The whole "unlocking perks"-mechanic is bad game design: The more characters the longer it takes to unlock the perks you want/need. New players have a better time not unlocking shared perks at 30,35,40 unless they are meta perks. This in combination with the [BAD WORD] matchmaking makes people either play the characters they want and lose ranks or keep playing with other characters while just leveling up the characters they actually want to play. Veterans don't even see the issue because they have amassed so much BP that they can always just unlock everything for new characters. The game literally punishes you when playing a none-max level character

* SWF survivors are unbalanced. Right now there is such a big difference if you play against a premade squad or a none- premade squad. Is the game balanced around premades or non-premades, devs? Since everyone nowadays can use voice chat, the game should just implement it and then balance the game around it. Or introduce a passive bonus for killers for every premade survivor in the game. The game difficulty / balancing becomes so different depending if you play swf or not - it even defeats the purpose of some perks.

* Skill checks are boring after you got the hang out of them. Why is there only one way of doing skill checks? There are lots of good ideas that can easily be stolen from other games e.g. Warframes hacking/mining minigames: https://youtu.be/zktXo78t8bc?t=58, https://youtu.be/zktXo78t8bc?t=255, https://youtu.be/E512egkHYso?t=173 or Bioshock's hacking

* Perk meta is boring. There should be more nerfs and buffs to spice things up. You are seeing the same perks over and over again.

* Only one game mode, when there could be a lot more. There even is already a system in place to increase the odds of which map will be played - the same system could be used for different game modes.