Should Object of Obsession be reworked?

I feel that the community has come around and now sees how OoO can be ultra strong used in coordination with a team. So much so that it utterly shuts down COMPLETELY killers like Hag, Trapper, Huntress, and many m1 killers.

Even where it may seem a detriment say against Nurse, it can help you create distance forcing a Nurse to spend multiple blinks catching up to a survivor which can cost anywhere from 20 to 50 seconds of simply trying to get in range of the survivor.

I feel that this is one of the perks that can affect swf while leaving solos in the same state as is current.

These forums over the years have had many suggestions for how to change OoO, but what would you replace it with?

Comments

• Belzher
    Belzher Member Posts: 456
    edited June 2020

Wait, I thought it only works when used in that way...

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
  • Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Nope. Survivor can see the killer without the killer looking at them.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    edited June 2020

Huntress shuts down Huntress with her lullaby.

Hag can just overwrite her old traps so calling out placement is pointless. There's many other ways to disable her ability like having one person run into them all acting as bait.

Trapper is truly hurt by it. But he also has a plethora of gadgets and perks that betray his traps as well. Any ######### with a rainbow map doesn't fear him.

And many smart M1 killers will just ignore them if they're hard baiting. They might as well set off fireworks and flashlight click till they have blisters.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

Hag can make her traps work without stealth. In fact the coverage is what makes her effective. Placing a trap in front of a hooked survivor means they're not running in, or away from the area. Same with a quick sign at a loop.

Huntress is mainly dangerous from her seeing 'you'. But the point was there is always a tell that she's nearby. So your buddy going "well she's coming over" is telling you jack that you didn't already know.

Not dismissing the effect on trapper. Just that it's part of an already long list of disadvantages he already has against swf.

Auras in general need a rework. Highlighting someone 1:1 with their exact location is too strong. They should all work like noise indicators. Briefly showing an area with the effect.

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940

OoO could be left alone as long as it is unavailable in when playing in an SWF.

4 people with knowing everything with the killer only able to see 1 of them is "just a little" OP.

• MasterGrit
    MasterGrit Member Posts: 331

The perk user suffer from exposed status effect the entire match. Lol

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708
    edited June 2020

For solo it is fine, could be tweaked so it is actually a double edged sword (obsession is always visible, even if not looking at the killer directly). Right now it is meh risk, high reward perk if you know what you are doing.

SWF however, it provides too much info and swf being SWF, it is completely broken.

SWF should have auras of killer, killer's belongings and entity placed things be disabled (just hatch aura tbh) , the only auras for swf that work should be seeing each others, so stuff like bond, kindred minus the killer's aura, etc.

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

Just tunnel the OoO user out the game. Problem solved

• Financial_Stability
    Financial_Stability Member Posts: 466

Even then it isn't a surefire way to get a handle on the game. Often if you aren't pressuring gens against the swf they will rush the heck out of you and you will likely lose any chance of getting more than a 1k even with Nurse (given you aren't on a really good map, like say you're stuck on badham) and even then unless you built your build around securing that kill (which you most likely won't have) DS and BT are present and you will have little chance of securing it.

Just a little info that I know what I'm talking about, played Nurse since her release and have participated and won many tournaments (SpaceEsports multiple 150$ tourneys, Tyde's 750$ tourney). I'm not some joe schmo.

• Erk
    Erk Member Posts: 230

Yes.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

The only OoO users i respect are the ones that also run no mither.

• Mr_executioner
    Mr_executioner Member Posts: 40

They should make it so if you run OoO you have the exposed status effect For the whole game