Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Stop complaining about "genrush"

nursewannabe
nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075

There's no such thing as "genrush", if you can't down a survivor in a reasonable amount of time you can only blame yourselves for being B A D, not survivors for doing the only thing they can do while the killer is not around.

Comments

• Splinterverse
    Splinterverse Member Posts: 445

Honestly, "gen rush" is BS. The only thing survivors have to do to escape is generators (followed by unhooks if needed). That's it. We don't have to do chests. We don't have to do totems. If you don't like it, blame BHVR instead of telling survivors they are "gen rushing."

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940

Watched a streamer with their other 3 SWFs make a build that did Gens in approx 4 minutes each time, on some they depipped.

Toolboxes were OP but throw the imbalances together and ... 4 minutes?

• Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446

Well let's define what genrush actually is and isn't. If you're using a toolbox with BNP/socket swivels with wire spool along with prove thyself, resilience, and streetwise, then you're genrushing. If you're not using any of these, then you're just doing your objective efficiently because the killer can't pressure hard enough. It can be due to maps or it can be due to the killer being bad or both. If you're prioritizing gens over saving your teammates from dying, then you're just being a bad teammate.

I like how people complain about genrush when no one brings genrush perks/addons. I mean what else are you supposed to do? Sit and stare at a wall until someone is downed or the killer finds them? It's stupid and nonsensical.

• TheOptimiser
    TheOptimiser Member Posts: 138

Solo Gen time - 100 seconds

2 ppl Gen time - 70 seconds

3 ppl Gen time - 50 seconds

4 ppl Gen time - 40 seconds

NOED should be a mandatory thing in the game if all 4 survivors are alive when all 5 gens have been completed!

BOOM! That easy! Then I would enjoy playing both sides without saying gg ez to the killer every match and without playing "Bully Simulator" whenever I turn to killer side!

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited June 2020

For the killer to be able to stop gen speed he'd have to have all chases sub 15 seconds and that's if he's on a good map. Seeing as most maps are bad for killer and the likelyhood of most your chases being under 15 seconds is low, things don't look good.

The survivors could literally do zero looping and just throw every pallet immediately and now you've lost the game because you weren't hitting that sub 15 seconds.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

That's a bit of a different issue then gen rushing.

If a team survivors split up and do gens, don't heal until gens have been done, and leave people on hooks to finish gens. There's not a lot a killer can do outside of slug. However, there's more than enough resources for survivors to prolong chases long enough that catching the first survivor means 3 gens have already been completed.

Playing this way doesn't net a lot of bloodpoints, so actual gen rushing tends to not happen unless you face a SWF squad who really just wants to end the game in 5 minutes.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

So this just happens if the killer doesnt have the same skill as the survivors. Thats not a gen rush, thats still just a bad killer.

• Citrusfruit
    Citrusfruit Member Posts: 73

While I agree that part of it is definitely on the killer, and some killers can't exert pressure like other kills can, I also feel like part of it is the game moving too fast in the beginning which is being fixed with the Early Game Collapse system that the devs are working on that supposedly slows things down in the beginning so killers can get their pressure established.

I feel killers should say the same when it comes to tunneling and camping. Don't be mad at the killer for pushing their objective it's the only thing they can do after all. ^^

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

Ormond is a terrible killer map. If you get gen rushed on their its most likely not your fault.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Tunneling, camping and slugging doesn't exist as well since gen rush doesn't exist

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

The keyword being used in your main post is "reasonable".

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

"Gen rushing" is a thing simply because some killer's don't have the ability to get around the map as fast as Nurse, Billy, or Spirit.

"Doing the only thing they can do while the killer is not around" That's the other problem! Survivor's lack objectives and have to depend on the killer to give them another objective weather it be unhooking or cleansing a totem. I'm not saying give yourself to the killer, I'm saying survivor's don't have enough to do.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Stop complaining about camping and tunneling 🤷‍♂️

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416

what i meant was, no one should trashtalk to each other because of ,,genrush" or ,,tunneling" or something. Sure, it can be annoying but its part of the game and its not against the rules.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

I haven't minded gen rush these past few days. They leave after a few minutes with like 10k (or fewer) points and get to go back to waiting in a 30 minute queue while I get another instant queue as killer where, even if I don't make many Bloodpoints, the matches and queue are so quick that it adds up fast.

Gen rush only hurts the group with the longer queue, and on PS4 that's survivor. I can't imagine those games are fun for them, are they? Thirty minutes in a queue just to do gens and leave? I don't get it.

• Flarefire_Xx
    Flarefire_Xx Member Posts: 353

I do think that if there was a 2v8 survivors could see how fun it would be to face people on coms, that would be the new biggest complaint, probably surpassing Noed/camping(if you camp git gud and if you use Noed on b+ tier killers, git gud)

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I don't use the term 'genrush' or complain about how quickly survivors want to do their main objective but if survivors do (separate) gens and do nothing but gens (no totems, no chests, no healing, unhooks yes but gens still prioritised) when not being chased the killer is kinda f'ed. And I'm saying this more as a survivor player than a killer one, I don't usually play like that bc it's boring as hell but I will if I have an escape challenge or there's a mori. Killer has to slug hard or lose. And you don't need to be a great survivor to do this (I'm not) if you can hold down a button and hit skillchecks you also have this power. Use it wisely (or don't)

• Flatskull
    Flatskull Member Posts: 332

pure bait thread.

Arguing that gen rushing isn't real because it's the survivors objective is like arguing that tunneling isn't real because the killers only job is to get survivors dead as quickly as possible.

Also people always blame the devs for genrushing, mate. Actually take a look around the forums. We've been asking for a secondary objective or new game mode for years at this point.

• EarthToGravity
    EarthToGravity Member Posts: 96

Genrush really sucks for new players who get paired against red rank SWF groups. A new player isn't going to know how to apply pressure well enough and might get turned off of the game very quickly.

Expecting an SWF not to genrush is stupid though.

• Valor188917
    Valor188917 Member Posts: 649

Sad thing is that they probably will never implement 2v8 mode because of the spaghetti code this game runs on.

• SlimyTaco
    SlimyTaco Member Posts: 133

killers here forgetting both toolboxes and sabo were heavy nerfed. bad meme killers, bad killers.

• Valor188917
    Valor188917 Member Posts: 649
    edited July 2020

Sabo was not nerfed, it's arguably better than before. Toolboxes needed that nerf especially with RUIN not being an absolute crutch anymore that shuts down ppl entirely who cant hit great skillchecks

• Nobody95
    Nobody95 Member Posts: 93

Now I will open a post saying "stop complaining about camp and tunnel" because if the killer catches you, you are very bad for not knowing how to operate with 5 generators.

And if he races, then make engines and do not stay looking at how he hooks him on the hook

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

Don't complain about mori's then. I mean, by your logic, it's your fault you got caught twice, and got mori'd. The killer is just doing his objective the quickest way they can, so, get good.

• SlimyTaco

its definitely worse, not arguably either. It lasts 30 secs but guess what? Killers can move farther than 1 hook and even the perk got nerfed hard. It doesnt work without an entire team sabotaging lol. just remove toolboxes and add gen repair speed, they are useless now.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Before you'd need to spend a good amount of time and would basically never get it to work, and the perk itself was basically unusable since it took too long to use and would basically sandbag the whole time since you aren't on gens.

Now you just wait for the Killer to pick up the Survivor, cut them off at whatever hook they are going to, break it, take a hit, and by that time the Killer has to drop the Survivor because they aren't being hooked.

Plus, Breakout was added giving the strategy the build-around it needed to be more consistent.

Yes it has counterplay, but if it didn't then it would be a problem. And the counterplay is to just notice what's happening in advance and go to a different hook from the start, or to immediately drop the Survivor and chase the sabo player. Both of which can be bypassed by a sufficiently stealthy sabo-player.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Same goes the other way around with 3 gen hostage builds making a match 30 min long

• NuclearBurrito

And thus we should be shooting for a sweetspot inbetween where we have 10 minute games.

• NuclearBurrito

Don't count it out. The right changes can make it work more often than not. It's definitely possible and the devs have been going in the right direction slowly but surely.

• SlimyTaco

It's actually been more divisive in the last few patches. very much so.

• ShErMaDeRmA
    ShErMaDeRmA Member Posts: 338

Stop complaining about "unfair noed"

Theres no such thing as unfair noed, if you cant do all totems in a huge amount of time you can only blame yourself for being bad, not killer for using the only thing they can while the survs are goal oriented

• Bunnyman
    Bunnyman Member Posts: 31

I believe that the distance between the survivors spawn and killer relate to the killer rank. I play survivor on red rank and half of killer also is red rank. I have few time the game start and already in killer terror radius and sometime just wait for few seconds and dont move also can hear terror radius sounds. And I play killer side on green to yellow rank with whispers, the survivors always spawn at the other side of map. Sometime, they run OoO perk so I ******* knew it. And also, they need to rework the rank I mean totally. Bad rank system + Bad rank match system = **** up