The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Fix the grabs

Anyone who plays killer often deals with these broken grabs. Its absolute garbage to deal with. Oh, you got a free pickup due to the survivors mistake? Nope, instead, your gonna start the animation, freeze for a second, and then have no clue where they went. Are the devs even planning on fixing this? Also, it isnt being addressed nearly enough if you ask me

Comments

• cloakz
    cloakz Member Posts: 15

Yeah this has been happening to me too both in survivor games and killer games, it’s really annoying

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

Always in an swf game too.

Oh you actually have an advantage? Aha, jk. Go ######### yourself.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Grabs haven't been working for months. It's related to dedicated server ping. They really need to fix this.

• tigerlover412
    tigerlover412 Member Posts: 18

i was playing legion and grabbed an adam as he got off the gen when it finished, for the rest of the game i couldnt see him my arm was stuck up as though i was carrying him and couldnt lunge or get stunned i was about to win butttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt the glitch ruins everything couldnt even interact with anyone

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497
    edited July 2020

Grabs are sever side validation not killer, that is why they don't work. Are you looking forward to hits being server side too? Lololololol it's gonna be a cluster fck.

• Mookywolf
    Mookywolf Member Posts: 907

i had a match about a week ago where i was going against a ghostface, and he absolutely outplayed me and managed to grab me at a pallet. but even though i saw him grab me and start pulling me back, instead i still ended up sliding across the pallet. so i just stood there and let him hit me because he earned it 100%

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 873

Magic..

• Starr43

Magic..

• Starr43

To be fair though.. I pretty much gave up on playing killer a few months solely because grabs were so broken they were nearly impossible to land. It was like I as the killer was constantly being pushed aside and being denied the interruption ability, whether it was at a pallet, window, locker, gen.. it just wasn’t happening.

Window vaulting is significantly better so getting grabbed like this while playing on the survivor side of things is much more forgivable in my opinion.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266
  • MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

Space Coconut did a video on what the problem with the grab animation! This is one of the few reasons why I really wanna tell the devs to hold off with making new content and fix all the bugs!