Which killer reveal excited you the most

Dabihwow
Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

This is just out of curiosity which killer that was revealed got you so excited that you were screaming happily. I would say for me it would be Pyramid head I remember how gitty everyone got when it was revealed he was coming to the game even I was excited ( Tbh I was expecting Candyman or Jason, but Pyramid head I thought was another option). I was excited about it, now which killer you gave that vibe?

Comments

• ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667

Ghostface. That trailer was ######### hilarious to me and I still wish we got Carl or whatever his name is as a Survivor.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

What's your Mask?

I think every new killer had been subject of the rumour mill for ages before their release, so when the trailer finally drops, it's very rarely someone that was never expected.

The "What's your mask?" trailer had people expecting additions to the online store, so when we got the answer of "YOU!!!" bricks were (rude word)!!!!

• Mr_executioner
    Mr_executioner Member Posts: 40

Pyramid head got me excited I wasn’t expecting him to come to dbd and also leatherface

• Deathslinger
    Deathslinger Member Posts: 570

My name. Got so excited I joined the forum to tell everyone how excited I was xD

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

Demogorgon.

• Springey
    Springey Member Posts: 286

Demogorgon, I love Stranger Things, I don't play him but Nancy's my main though.

• Bootlegmoth
    Bootlegmoth Member Posts: 290

Definitely the ghostface one for me

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,883

I wasn't playing the game when Michael Myers came into it, but if I was it would have been his. So I guess the Clown's because they had been releasing teasing images of parts of him weeks before they revealed him.

• RockoRango
    RockoRango Member Posts: 554

Nurse.

Everyone was SO hyped that a killer was coming out that seemed to be actually playable, including myself. Also, Nea.

• TwistedJoke65
    TwistedJoke65 Member Posts: 316

It's funny about a week before Pyramid head got released I bought the HD collection of Silent Hill. I was in the middle of playing SH 2 when I got the notification for the PH trailer. I couldn't believe it

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

Pyramid Head.

The Halloween and Lullaby for the Dark trailers take close seconds, but seeing Silent Hill in something besides a slot pachinko machine is on another level, for me at least.

• Stinde
    Stinde Member Posts: 459

Plague. It was just something so different and new and her perks are good. Getting Jane to be my main was a plus.

Demogorgon close second.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Nurse, I don't play her much but when she was coming out it was the first chapter for DBD and it was free. I felt amazing to see DBD getting new content for the first time and no other chapter was as exciting as the first one.

• Iudex_Nemesis
    Iudex_Nemesis Member Posts: 326

Demogorgon.

Coming from the trainwreck of Evolve, I really wanted to play as a 'creature' killer. Although I never watched stranger things.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,017

Silent Hill’s reveal, I have always seen Pyramid Head as one of the badasses in horror games and wanted him in DBD as I felt he could fit in

• Owlzey
    Owlzey Member Posts: 442

Pyramid Head. Even tho at the time I noticed the 4 looked like his helmet and I was hoping it was him, I was still doubting myself because everyone else was like 'Nah it's not possible'

Literally screamed when I instantly recognised Heather/Cheryl in the trailer and at that point I knew PH was gonna show up.

• HarleyQuinn
    HarleyQuinn Member Posts: 247

Michael Myers 🔪

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Ghostface or Oni. Never actually played Oni though 🤣

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Oni was the killer that after seeing the video I knew I was going to main him

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,210

I remember thinking "I wonder if they could get Saw in DBD" (I was still just watching rather than playing at that time, but that's besides the point).

The literal next day, they put up the Saw teaser.

Other than that though, I find the reveals to be cool and all, but nothing has really "excited" me like that.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

I think it was freddy for me.That teaser trailer was just too much hype

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

The Oni <3

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited July 2020

Ghostface. I had been creating threads, commenting on posts, and actively waiting for three years at the time to see that man make it in, and even though his character model had been completely leaked prior to the teaser trailer it was still so liberating and fulfilling to finally see the official trailer for a killer I had been rooting for for three years then.

When I saw it I was shouting, yelling, everything and then some. I must have watched and rewatched that trailer 10 times in a row that day, I couldn't believe it.

This was me at the time:

• SpookyStabby
    SpookyStabby Member Posts: 621

Pyramid Head because I totally called it. The developments at Konami, words from the creator and the 4 mixed with my gut feeling just told me it was gonna be him. I was geeking out for weeks and my partner was on the phone with me, also watching the reveal on live stream from their location, and we both cheered.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,443

Pig

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

Definitely the Halloween or Saw trailers.

• Famicx
    Famicx Member Posts: 55
    edited July 2020

Nurse, Myers and Doctor.

Not really because of the killers but because nurse was the first one and it felt like the game just came out and we got a new killer and survivor so soon, everyone was excited.

I don't watch horror movies so myers wasn't "so cool" because of that, but I guess just because dbd was so fun back then (for me) and everyone was so hyped that it was myers and that we got him at halloween, this dlc is just one of those that came instantly to my mind.

Doctor was the first dlc after the December-March(was it march?) mess we had back in the day. people lost their progress, killers could bring survivor perks and switch their powers. So when the Doctor trailer dropped and a bunch of streamers were plaing it early to hype everyone up I was really excited. indoor map, cute survivor and decent perks.

TL;DR The first chapters (besides Hag lol) will forever be the ones that fill my mind with fun memories about the game. when it wasn't about meta perks, camping or tunneling, toxic killers/survivors etc. but when we all were a bunch of noobs having fun