How is this even possible???

CyanideBlaze
CyanideBlaze Member Posts: 143
edited July 2020 in General Discussions

I'm killer, and this is what I'm up against. A bunch of ######### SFW red ranks who have their one 19 rank friend to Q with so they can just dunk on a new killer. I was just blinded by flashlight ALL ######### GAME. How is this even allowed to be a thing? It's so ######### up.

Literally all game, just surrounded by them n their ######### flashlight. It's so irritating. N they were like "UHhhH u have purple perks so it was fair." Like ######### this.

This is literally why no one can play this ######### game as anything other than survivor.

If I were to make any suggestion at all, it's that two red ranks and above and it shouldn't be a thing where they end up with new killers in the same lobby.

Comments

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

Chances are, this was a SWF abusing MM. Have one of them make a 'new' account, then have them be leader and boom. EZGame. There's a lot of it going around at the moment because of how broken MM is.

• CyanideBlaze

That was literally it. It was two twitch streamers too n they were just laughing about it after.

It's so ######### #########.

• toxik_survivor
    toxik_survivor Member Posts: 1,184

Feels bad man ranking systems have been messed up for months.

• CyanideBlaze

It's driving me crazy. I just wanna get into Killer and it's like unless I am q-ing in the dead of the night, I am just getting red-ranks after literally waiting 15-20 minutes who just bully and are toxic all game.

• Mikeasaurus

It's the sad state the game has become, but the Devs seem to pretend it isn't happening. This game is literally losing more killers by the day, and the wait times show it. And the cause? This bullcrap. SWF abusing MM just to bully killers because 'they can'. It's sad that they spend their time on a game making others miserable, when some of us just want to have fun. But let's face it, fun left this game long ago. The only ones having fun are the camping killers and bully squads.

• Jukenobi
    Jukenobi Member Posts: 301
    edited July 2020

Game is more popular now than it has ever has been, not to mention the most balanced. Someone between the two of us is lying, I wonder which one it is.

• RockoRango
    RockoRango Member Posts: 554

If no one was having fun, no one would be playing the game.

Killers still play because the matches where survivors aren't SWAT troll groups are not every match; Killers play the game because of the games where it doesn't feel like the survivors are out to troll them, but out to play the game and survive. This can be said vise-versa, where SWAT teams are replaced with extremely toxic killer mains that do nothing every match except mori and camp.

This will be gone once MMR sets in, but it was nice knowing everyone

• Mikeasaurus

Right, totally balanced. That must be the reason so many people have complained about many aspects of the game being abused right? And the game being popular right now? Sure, new DLC, more players want to see it. Hype dies off, and playerbase slowly trickles back to the usual players until the next. Not to mention, more and more people are questioning the broken state of the game daily and streamers even starting to question where the fun is. But sure, one of us is lying for sure.

• CyanideBlaze

Ok but where are those matches for killer tho? Like literally I have way more of this type of interaction than I do actual, balanced games. There's always at the very least one or two red ranks in my games trolling me all goddamn game and it's ruining it.

Literally I ain't even mad when I have toxic killers as a survivor anymore is how bad this has been. I am out here with my girlfriend like "Yeah, no, babe, I know you're upset he smacked you on the hook but yknow? It's tough."

• Jukenobi
    Jukenobi Member Posts: 301
    edited July 2020

A small minority of people complain about the game. Most of those complaint threads are the same people over and over. The complaints range from killers being OP on release, only because no one knows how to counter them yet, then we have the killer side who complain about not getting 4ks every game. The game even months after DLC releases is vastly bigger than it was last year for example.

This type of attitude reminds me a lot of the WoW community. Every expansion that sucks or is coming out is going to end WoW. Not to mention the millions of people who continue to complain about how bad the game is and still sub. 15 years later and guess what, it's still vastly popular even with constant complaints. IF you are unhappy with DBD, you are a minority, and likely take the game to seriously. Just have fun, if that is not the case, uninstall and be miserable somewhere else.

Streamers are just regular dudes, what opinion or qualifications do they have to judge someone else's enjoyment of the game? and as far as I can tell have no good ideas to improve it. Most of the streamers who play this game are toxic dicks who do ######### things like what is pointed out in this post. They aren't the voice of the community as a whole. This game was never designed to be competitive, it's not an e sport, I wish people who stop treating it like one.

• CyanideBlaze

How long this been a thing?? I am new to killer and I just want hope that someday I can play Pyramid Head pleaseeeeee I just wanna play my thick boyYYyyyYyYY

• chase131119
    chase131119 Member Posts: 839

Yeah... matchmaking just sucks in general.

Hopefully the hidden MMR makes things better but I doubt it.

• SavouryRain
    SavouryRain Member Posts: 340

You probably don't get swat SWFs as much as you think.

It's called confirmation bias, look it up.

• SavouryRain
    SavouryRain Member Posts: 340

Also, devs made it so that it matchmakes to the best ranked survivor in a swf, to stop your problem.

MM is wonky right now though.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,520

Yeah, the same time as they introduced the 6 rank hard limit. They both lasted about 5 minutes before falling to the current chaos match making.

• CyanideBlaze

Idk if they are SWFs, but I am def getting at least 1 or 2 red ranks in my matches most games. Idk who is and isn't SWFs unless it's a situation like this chick streaming and I can literally see with my own two eyes her entire group--which was as in my original post.

And having red-ranks in at least every other game as a newbie killer just ain't right, and there's no conformation bias to be had when I can literally see their ranks after matches.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,261

Seeing their ranks doesnt mean they were a SWF swat team though trying to bully ppl. Often times theyre fully expecting to go against ppl their own ranks. I know I keep hoping for some red rank games myself so I stop getting teamed up with randoms who spend all game crouching around the outside of the map. They tried changing the way SWFs works while back so it would based the killer rank off of the best survivor. if you have a rank 1 teamed with 3 rank 20s...it SHOULD be basing the killer's rank off of the rank 1. The mismatches going on though isnt anything the survivor teams have any control over and its getting annoying for everyone involved.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

if the swf group got rank 19 rank 1 rank 5 rank 10 they need to be matched by the highest rank in the group meaning this group be facing rank 1 killer that be fair.

• Mozzie
    Mozzie Member Posts: 618

The ranking system as a whole needs entirely reworked. It's fine for survivors but if you are a rank 1 killer and try out a new character you're going to get wrecked game after game until you can improve the hard way. That is not the way it should work yet it's been like this since launch.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Devs fixed that long time ago? Now they take the highest in the groups and take that for matchmaking.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Smurfing with one in a group is not possible. What you saw there was just matchmaking not working at all. Even if everyone there was red ranks they would have still versed that yellow rank killer.

• Z3r0Fear
    Z3r0Fear Member Posts: 9

Yeah I was just in a match with the same MM occuring to me and then after the game I being taunted and literally verbally abused by the survivors who were all in a premade. It's time for the developers to remove premades from the game until they can sort it out because I'm not going to tolerate being verbally abused after a match. Is there a way to view previous matches so that I can report these players? I'm starting to think the devs need to make a login system with a unique ID(Fixed username) so that they can be reported outside of the game and tracked down and removed(Banned permanently).

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,149

I'm solo red rank and I keep getting matched with non-red ranks. I don't get how I am getting green killers with brown/yellow teammates but it's wicked annoying. I don't play with my boyfriend because he's rank 20 from rarely playing and I hate getting matched with the low ranks but apparently it happens anyway when I'm solo. 🙄

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862

This ^

As far as I'm aware this is still how the system is supposed to operate.

What the screenshot shows is just a classic case of ######### up matchmaking, which happens all the goddamn time these days unfortunately.

We know about it, they know about it, there's nothing we can do about it except wait. Maybe pray.

• Voyager
    Voyager Member Posts: 27

This makes no sense. Why doesn't matchmaking take the average of the group's ranking, instead of just the highest rank in the group?

• bm33

It used to work like that, around I think the Deathslinger release is when it stopped. My boyfriend is rank 20 since he rarely plays, when the matchmaking went by higher ranks it worked out because we'd be matched based on my rank. Now if we try to play together it's all brown/yellow ranks and wicked frustrating.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174

I play a lot of swf when I do play Survivor and in my group we have two reds, a purple (me) who is red now, and a 19 and in our matches the killer rank would never get higher than 12 until our rank 19 would leave for the night and those of us in higher ranks kept playing together. They may have "fixed" this issue but it clearly hasn't been "fixed" as I can see it every time I play with my friends.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862

I don't think it just "stopped" as if the devs meant it to, it may be that it stopped working because of a bug introduced around that time (because yeah, matchmaking has been pretty garbage recently for the past couple of months / chapters) but it's still very much intended to operate that way.

Either way, hopefully it gets fixed soon.

• bm33

Didn't mean it as they purposely stopped it, just that's about the time it did. I figured either bug from patch or when they tested the new matchmaking something got messed up. Hopefully it gets fixed when they start the new matchmaking since that will hopefully be soon.

• TheOhioHutcH
    TheOhioHutcH Member Posts: 178

I wouldn't take it so seriously just got to learn and get better that's all

• CyanideBlaze
    edited July 2020

It's not as simple as that, though. Everybody is trying to learn and get better, but being placed in unbalanced matches where I am going up against people with literally (and I looked) 600+ more hours than I do in the game just so I can get stomped by them doesn't create a space that enables learning.

Typically when you are new to a game/class in a game, you start out with people in the same level group as yourself BECAUSE you still don't have a grasp on mechanics and strategy and you're all learning together. If you're tossed immediately into games with people who have been playing since release, know all the best strats and mechanics, and broken spots like the one with the tractor where they all just loooove to stand and tbag, you're not getting as much out of that match.

It's like tossing a man who has no experience in any form of martial arts into the ring with a top MMA fighter and saying "You'll grow from this. Just go in wanting to learn. :)" when he should have just been in a class first.

• will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489

This is just a snippet of my match-making the past few days. I'm so jaded from playing killer.

• CyanideBlaze

Actually a nightmare scape.

I am somewhat comforted it's not just me, though. I thought i was just cursed.