Pigs trap not exploding: answered thx

Options
1anioh
1anioh Member Posts: 62
edited July 2020 in General Discussions

My last two matches on ps4 I placed traps after the gate was open but the survivors were still out in fields. I. E, not the doorway. Both times said players ran out the door with traps still on their heads, escapings to freedom. Am I doing something wrong? Do the traps have to be placed before the countdown?

I'm still just a baby pig but its hard to get any points if I cant work my trap things lol.

Comments

• LeftPreston
    LeftPreston Member Posts: 95
    Options

traps must be placed before the last gen pops. putting a trap on their head when the exit gates are open wont kill them.

• 1anioh
    1anioh Member Posts: 62
    Options

Oooh gotcha. Thanks for answering. :) I figured it had to be me doing something wrong but for the life of me I couldnt figure out what.

• Karaage
    Karaage Member Posts: 340
    Options

Traps get activated each time a generator is finished. So once all generators are finished, any leftover traps You have become useless.

It used to be a thing, that traps would automatically activate when You put them on survivors when all generators are finished, but I think they removed that mechanic when they introduced Endgame Collapse, as it made Pig's endgame too strong, I think?

And about running out of the door, trap will only explode when it's active. If it's unactive, survivors are free to run out.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

Yeah, they disabled the Endgame traps. Just gotta be more aggressive with them now to slow down the early game instead.