Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Should camping a hooked survivor be a bannable offense?

2»

Comments

• Hendi99999
    Hendi99999 Member Posts: 3
    No.

Shouldnt be bannable.

As already said. Camping is actually a strategy when u see 3 people running around the hook.

Furthermore its a good way to punish people teebagging you. They want you to rage and dont have fun so you give them their own medicine. I do this alot to people behaving like ****heads. And you know how satisfying it is to ruin fun for this one Claudette Player teebagging you as soon as a pallet is dropped.

You usually loose the game when you camp because there is time for 4 and a half Gen when u dont do anything for 120 seconds.

I think the only problem is that killers get way too many points from camping. Like 5k per kill i guess. But you cant really adjust this otherwise just normal playing killers suffer from this.

And you forgot about one thing. If hes intentionally camping you multiple games in a row it actually IS bannable.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360
    No.

I like to go and make a sandwich immediately after hooking the first survivor.

• JnnsMu
    JnnsMu Member Posts: 249
    No.

It's not cheating, it's a strategy. It can be punished very hard and very easily by just repairing generators. One dead survivor and 3 who escape is a really good outcome for the survivors. There are also situations in which staying close to the hook just makes total sense, for example if the hooked survivor is near an exit gate and you can't afford to risk Borrowed Time, Decisive Strike and body blocking or if you have seen scratch marks and/or other survivors while carrying a survivor.

• Pior_Morte
    Pior_Morte Member Posts: 526
    No.

No.

1st - Toxic survivors who get downed by make your choice and still accuse of camping

2nd - Camping can be a strategy in a end game situation with no survivors killed

3rd - Insidious needs to be changed first

• Pitythefool
    Pitythefool Member Posts: 1
    No.

I feel like some people missed the context of the original question which was a match starts, the killer downs someone and proceeds to facecamp them. I don't think it should be a bannable offense, but killers should be punished with minimal to no blood points for the hook/kill -- and the survivor should NOT depip. I think this should only apply to early game. Late game is fair game. If you had a good run, repaired a gen, run the killer a bit, maybe even saved someone and then get face camped or proxy camped at the end or in the end game collapse or whatever, that's just bad luck/how it goes sometimes.

As it sits right now, killers still get a sizeable chunk of bp between the hook and the kill. If no one has Borrowed Time or you don't have DS and they attempt to rescue you, the killer will get even more points for free. If it's a killer like leatherface with a 1 shot down it can definitely spiral out of control quickly. Even if it isn't a 1 shot down killer, you're still looking at a hook trade at the very least. It still leads to more points and BBQC stacks for the killer.

I see people saying this strategy can be countered by gen rushing, but that assumes a lot of things, that the person being camped isn't downed quickly, that the killer isn't running something like corrupt intervention and that everyones coordinated (or hooked person running kindred) and not curious or wondering why the person on the hook hasn't been saved. From the time you're hooked to death is 120 seconds, solo doing a gen takes 80 seconds. Not saying you can't gen rush to some extent, but unless you're like communicating in voice chat you're probably only going to get ~2 gens done before hooked person dies.

From personal experience, I ran into an insidious camping clown a few weeks ago. I was on Coldwind farm working on a gen in the corn to start a match out. Clown showed up. I happened to take off into a structure that unfortunately had no pallet so despite my best efforts I was downed relatively quickly. The clown ended up insidious face camping me. Someone came to rescue, didn't have BT and I was tunneled off the hook. I can't remember if they tried to save me again, but regardless, I died. I can't remember the outcome of the match, but I'm fairly certain they got at least a 2 kill and ended up with 18k+ points.

I don't know what Behaviour could do to necessarily stop this. People who do this are either A. Memeing or B. Just out to ruin gameplay for others. Some sort of depip prevention for being face camped to death early game would probably be the best way to deal with this despite it being boring and a waste of 2 minutes of your life. Not sure exactly how this would be implemented.