why do i get punished for having a good ping? :(

caz_
caz_ Member Posts: 218

My ping is always 15-30 and when i play killer i cant just hit the survivor most of the time. even if im 100% sure i will get the hit before the survivors get to the pallet.. but nope.

BUT when i play survivor.. oh my lord.. im 100% sure i get to the pallet but i get hit. this is like 2 different games compared to playing killer.

dont punish me for having a good ping please :(

Comments

• Loner
    Loner Member Posts: 139

Noticed that months ago,quite ironical that having a good ping proves to be a disadvantage but I guess that's where dbd's at.

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708

The bigger ping you have the better for you, mostly as the killer because hit is verified client side for some stupidly unknown reason that even first year elementary students cant understand.

Wait for them to fix it, eta is some where in the next 15 years.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547
    edited July 2020

who doesnt enjoy playing against laggy/russian (russians against europeans) killers?

BTW I mean russians not in a racist way, just that it's a fact their connection across all europe is McDonalds wifi quality

• caz_
    caz_ Member Posts: 218

Yeah agree, playing against them is a pain. but i dont blame them its BHVR fault they dont want to give them a server as they said in one of the QA streams.

• Galklife
    Galklife Member Posts: 726

and dont forget on top of real distance between them and EU, bunch of them are using VPNs (and thats making connection even worske/better for them as killers)

we we're promised hits to be server over month or over 2 months ago (not sure which dev stream was that but at the very least it was in the middle of may)

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

After they fixed vaults, some hits are definitely not possible anymore, notably at shack. However, if you play survivor with good ping, you still get dedicated easily. It's just visually different, because now the killer just hits and then teleports. Sometimes, not even that. You see the missed swing animation and then the hit registers.

So, in essence, yes. Paradoxically, good-ping killers are those who are penalized.

Because the servers were simply rushed to live due to community complaints, but the underlying code wasn't revisited to switch from p2p. As of now, for what hit detection is concerned, dedicated servers simply act as a relay between the players. Hence why bad ping is still an advantage killer-side and lag-based cheats still exist.