PH nerf?

Zaitsev
Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285

Huh. Just make cages even more useless then ey? If there wasnt anything else to do, Id just walk over, place a trail in front of them, and then leave to go pressure gens.

The cage relocation I can totally get behind, because it was too easy to camp, but blocking the ability to see the cages has made PH even worse.

Comments

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

Personally, I think they should make it that each stage in the cage of atonement should last something like 10 seconds shorter. I understand both, but I still think he needs a buff along with it as now it's mostly better to hook, cage and leave them on dead hook.

• Claudette_Baguette
    Claudette_Baguette Member Posts: 567

Wow a NERF to this already bad killer? His cages are bad anyway since they spawn so far away survivors can immediately rescue most of the time.

Also, funny they fix "facecamping" on cages but not on hooks.

He is so bad already: His cages hurt him most of the time: Important perks like BBQ and Pop don't work, cages spawn so far away that when survivors spread out the cage spawns next to them for an instant rescue. Avoiding DS and BT isn't that big of a deal since you normally don't tunnel anyway.

His ranged attack can't co over holes or over different heights like stairs and thus it's completely abusable by survivors.

His BP are messed up and so are his emblem points. He is a complete mess and any decent survivor can just avoid his ranged attack and win against him.

I don't understand the nerf.

• Mr_executioner
    Mr_executioner Member Posts: 40

even though pyramid head was nerfed it wasn’t that bad actually I’m happy with this patch cause you shouldn’t rely on the cages

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

Cages are an alternative to slugging. You get a hook stage, can't be pallet or flashlight rescued and it's very time efficient.

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318
    edited July 2020

RIP I bought him hoping he'd be another cool range killer with a semi bit of trap flavor thrown in.

Now all he's good for is a free mori if you don't cage early and sometimes getting a range attack because they animation locked themselves.

Amanzing.

• Waldbeere
    Waldbeere Member Posts: 168

I don't know where the problem is. If he is not hard camping the cages there is no problem and you won't even notice it. I would only complain about it, if I normally would abuse the old mechanic...

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

His range attack is still meh as hell and the cages pretty much never should be used unless you don't want to get flashlighted or pallet stuned. And even then it kinda screws you over since the Mori is the best aspect of that part of his kit now. Cages just make it way to easy for survivors across the map to apply more pressure off of what should've been his own pressure.

Not that I condoned the camping the cages playstyle, it's just why even cage them now? Save it for the Mori. In that case why even have the cage mechanic most of the time in the first place?

• Keeterbo5
    Keeterbo5 Member Posts: 9

Yeah BHVR is [BAD WORD] stupid for nerfing an already weak killer. Typical BHVR to make anything they can easier for survivors. I swear no one at BHVR has ever played killer.

• Name_Unavailable
    Name_Unavailable Member Posts: 519

+1

Cages should make survivor go insta unhook their teammates

This will make cages timer saver for PH, and also put an extra prussure on survivors

• Waldbeere
    Waldbeere Member Posts: 168

I think every PH player should use cage with a specifc strategy behind it and not just smash the cage button. Send players to an area where all gens are done. They must spend there time to run across the map. You down some at an open gate? Send him to the other side of the map, no tanking anymore and you can still ignore DS for example.

I think his power is strong. A nearly good player will hit you on every vault action, because you're bound to the animation and you can not evade it. Missing like with a hatchet is nearly impossible because of the width of his skill. It's like a bus that's hitting you. And he can also hit you through walls. He has normal movement speed and while he is pulling his word the slowdown he gets really nothing and make fake attacks very strong.

His only weakness compared to other killers is maybe his mobilty and no oneshot, if you compare it with billy for example. But I think it's easier to loop a billy than him, because billy has to respect dropped pallets or can't you hin on the other side of a window while you're out of his range.