The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

My Killer Tier list

Sadsnacks
Sadsnacks Member Posts: 677
edited July 2020 in General Discussions

After great deliberation and leveling all the killers above level 30 I've completed my tier list. I stand by my decisions.

EDIT: I forgot to add deathslinger earlier

Post edited by Sadsnacks on

Comments

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Finally someone who believes The Pig is upper tier... you have my respect

Also, may I ask your thoughts on how you came up with the order?

• Sadsnacks

Thanks! I would've put Pig higher up but I just don't play her as often as the other upper tier killers.

Here's my wall of text to break it all down

TLDR - I based the order off how frequently I felt humiliated while playing a killer 😂

SS- Freddy, I feel like it's pretty obvious. When I play as Freddy I get the sense that survivors are genuinely afraid of him. Freddy's got a lot going for him in general. Clown, I think he's easy to overlook but once you master throwing the potions he's like a force of nature. I can make a direct hit on a survivor at almost any point in a chase and it's both hilarious and satisfying!

S- PH is awesome just for the way he can change up survivors loop game. I'm over the whole killer shack chase and he ends it pretty quick, thankfully. GF because he can teabag, which is probably his real super power.

A- I feel like these killers could easily end up on the S and SS tier if I spent more time playing them. I've never had less than a 2k with any of them except for plague, but she just takes some time to learn. I feel like she could be given a buff to help her cover more map distance or just a little better map pressure in general. Against low to mid skilled survivors she's great so long as you understand her power but she can be frustrating playing against higher skilled players. Still always fun to puke on people though. I think pig has great map pressure. Once you get a few RBTs going it's easy to snowball the chaos. For Huntress I just wish there was an addon to make her wind up with the hatchet faster. As it is I have to anticipate where I'm going to throw it a full 3 seconds ahead of time.

B - I feel like these killers are all adequate, but their powers can all be very punishing towards the person playing them unless you're in a focused mindset.

C - LF needs a serious buff to his chainsaw charge speed or something low powered added onto his base kit to make him more interesting to play. Without addons to the chainsaw charge speed he's really only good for camping. I feel like Spirit is overrated. You have to be super dedicated and focused to become proficient with her phase and its mind game potential is lost on clueless survivors who don't fully understand how her power works. Skilled survivors will know how to avoid your phasewalk or just run iron will.

D - These are all trash killers imo. Granted I play on console so nurse is impossible to play as. It was humiliating grinding her to level 31. I feel like nurses is a major meta perk but the rest of her perks kind of suck. Trapper takes forever to set up and he loses so much time in the beginning of the match. Plus it's just annoying how easy it is for survivors to cancel his power. Hag seems to have potential to be upper tier to me, maybe B or A but the level of dedication required is twitch streamer level. Demo's power provides good map coverage but the setup involved and the fact that it can be cancelled by survivors makes it weak when it has good potential. His lunge isn't really that interesting and it's sad that his best addons are brown. I feel like doctor is overrated. His static burst has too long of a base cooldown to really be reliable and otherwise skilled players don't really seem put off by madness. I think we all know Legion is underwhelming. I mean he's basically just an M1 attack killer. I don't even see the point in using his power when I play as him. It's fun if you want to try and keep a frenzy going for as long as possible but if you actually want to get any kills it's kind of useless.

Wall of Text completed

• Opex
    Opex Member Posts: 263

First of all... Nurse is D tier? She is legit the strongest killer in the game. At the same time clown is one of the worst killers in the game, in my oppinion actually the worst. Billy is a killer that can move around the map insanely fast and onehit everyone. Wraith is also very fast with no terror radius and hard to see, survivor cant even run away if he just is behind a wall and uncloaks and goes for em. Legion is pretty bad, but he / she can slow down the game in some kind of way so I think she should be at least C tier, might also be just my oppinion. I agree that Freddy is a very strong killer, he has insanely high map presure and can counter loops with his dream snarez. But I think he should be S Tier. Spirit is a insanely strong killer and very easy to play as well, I would say she is on SS Tier with the Nurse. I think Demogorgon should be A tier, many people say that he is pretty bad but I dont think so. He can end loops like the shack pretty quick with his ability, he can also just teleport where ever he wants on the map within seconds so I dont think he is that bad after all. Doctor should be at least A tier, he can end loops insanely quick and with his blast he can most of the time spot many survivors at once and apply some good presure by injuring everyone / slugging and so on. Hag should be C tier, she cant end loops very fast since she is only 110% but with her traps he can injure and kill survivors all the time as soon as she gets all of em up. Trapper is D tier and I agree with that, he is really fun and if you got a good map and are able to 3 gen in the mid - late game he can get pretty good. But compared to other killers he is not and also has 0 map presure, first 1 - 2 or even 3 gens are done before he can finish setting up his traps. Bubba might be pretty oppinionated but I agree with him being a C tier killer, even tho Tru3ta1ent showed that with some way to play and specific perks he can be pretty good and he thinks he is very underrated. But I would also say that he is about C tier, if not even D tier. I think myers is D tier. He is very slow in his tier 1 and against good survivors its really hard to get out of it. You need to stalk alot for tier 3 just to onehit for 1 minute, survivor can just wait for your tier 3 and than just keep playing as soon as you go back to tier 2. He also has almost no map presure at all and loses gens while tearing up. After that he is just a normal m1 killer with no map presure who even has problems to get to the part where he is a normal m1 killer, as I already mentioned its really hard to get out of tier 1 against good survivor who know what they are doing. I agree that Oni is B tier, maybe even C tier but more like B tier. He is like a billy just that he needs to collect some blood before he can use his ability for a specific time, he can snowball pretty hard in that time which makes him strong otherwise he is just a m1 killer. I agree that Phead is S tier, he is very strong and can counter dropped pallets and windows. He is also countering a lot of perks like DS BT or flashlight saves. And doesnt waste any time on bringing survivors to a hook. Ghostface can be very strong if you play him right, he has no terror radius and can just come around corners and surprise survivors, if they dont notice it you can also just 99 your stalk on em and as soon as you chase he can just onehit em. But I think he should be on A tier. I think huntress is S tier, she can just counter windows and dropped pallets and also just hit survivors on range. Just within a chase you can just throw a random hatchet to another survivor and gain extra map presure. Overall a very strong killer, her hatchets are also pretty easy to hit, just practice a bit. Plague should be B tier in my oppinion, she just spits on survivors making them injured, usually you cant use your ability against good survivors because they just wont cleanse instantly. Like yea you can get your ability with a the apple add ons but I am talking about the potential without any add ons. She can snowball pretty much with her first corrupt tho in the beginning of the match. With perks like thana tho she can slow down the game really hard. I agree that pig is A tier, she can presure the gens by simply giving the survivors traps. They wont do gens for a time and are just busy with getting rid of it. You can have some long times with NO ONE sitting on gens. She is also a stealth killer with no terror radius, even tho she is slow in that time.

That was my oppinion about the tier list to all killers. I think you might be pretty new to the game because of a few choises, Spirit C tier and Nurse D tier? xD but that completely fine.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

@Sadsnacks There are addons to make the wind up faster (I just can't remember what they're called)... But personally I go for the cooldown after the throw

And here comes my barricade of text

SS: I'll differ to you cause I don't play those two much

S: I don't have PH yet (LOL) and GF is reliable enough to me (mmy first ever game with him was a 4k)

A: I'm a Pig main so you don't need to worry about not playing her enough I (we) got you, as for Plague she can be hit or miss like Huntress or Deathslinger but terrifying if play good

B: Billy's by far one of my weaker killers, I don't have much XP on Oni to say much, Micky.... is just Micky, Wraith is held back by his own power

C: LF is inconsistent IMO, Spirit is one I'd have an issue with (but you stated that this is based off of your play so I digress)

D: Trapper is stuck in the past (Needs a "makeover" lol), Hag is another one that I shall digress on as well (I can play a mean Grandma), Nurse is okay IMO I miss some I hit some, Demo I don't have either so..... next, Doc is another one that I find enjoyable (But alas I shall digress), Legion.... Fair enough

My barricade's complete... Now I'm going to jump over it... Until Next Time

• Keeterbo5
    Keeterbo5 Member Posts: 9

Im just gonna assume that this is a troll list.

• metalklok
    metalklok Member Posts: 632

this is just bait, but on a side note why are people putting clown in a and s teir now hes still trash

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Okay, so i always try to let people keep their tier list however they want.

And this is still not me trying to make you change your opinion.

But seeing Hag in F tier instinctively made my face put on a worried expression.

Mah man Philip in B tier though, i'd like you to tell me why.

• Sadsnacks

I just think hag takes waaayyyy too much focus to play well. Also since the ruin nerf her perks are mostly worthless unless you're trying a once in a full moon meme build. I've watched streamers and Youtubers play her really well, but that's getting close to nurse level commitment and focus.

For me wraith just doesn't stand out as having much map pressure unless you use a high tier speed-when-cloaked add on and are playing against lower skilled survivors. I think I mostly put him in B tier because compared to the other killers I ranked higher his base kit isn't as interesting. His perks are mostly so-so, nothing all that spicy.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

That's a lot of negative points for putting someone in B tier.

Or at least, i consider B tier as still good, but that explanation was moreso: "He's only fine if this and this and this."

Not that i disagree on some things, i'm of the opinion that, collectively, his Teachables are the worst out of all.

• xTalon32
    xTalon32 Member Posts: 413

Can you properly separate your block of text into paragraphs?

• Sadsnacks

I've seen other people play him really well, so I acknowledge that he can be really good but I've never felt really compelled to play as him consistently other than unlocking his teachables. I also play on console so my opinions on Deathslinger and Nurse are skewed towards that platform.

• SewerSwans
    SewerSwans Member Posts: 147

Tier lists are typically based off high level play, and used to state the inherent strength of something's kit in high level play. Based off yr posts, this is not really a tier list so much as a personal preference list. The level of play at which Clown is SS is either in another dimension or plain subterranean.

• Sadsnacks

At the end of the day ANY tier list is going to be subjective

• SewerSwans
    SewerSwans Member Posts: 147

The average results of putting a highly skilled Clown and a highly skilled Nurse vs a team of high level survivors are a plain fact. This fact is what a tier list usually aims to measure. A degree of subjectivity is present, but "GhostFace is S tier because he can teabag and Nurse is F because I can't play her after 30 matches" is a personal enjoyment list, not a tier list, and I feel like it's best to mark it as such so you're not misunderstood.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,925

Basically a Tier list which mirrors your skill level with each Killer from what I've read and not really using them to their full potential.

But of course, if you played Clown more than Nurse, you'll do better with Clown. His Tier list isn't based on potential strenght in each Killer but rather personal experience and people still sh** on him because some people cannot read.