Why do people still play killer.

Options

Just wondering what keeps you playing killer through all the bugs, horrible balance, toxicity, and stress of it all. Personally I've completely given up on playing killer, no point in continuing to play if every game is swf genrushers who get my ruin within 1 min of the match and are just toxic all game.

Comments

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953
    edited July 2020
    Options

It has its ups and downs but for the most part I enjoy playing killer.

Edit: maybe a bit more depth to my answer would be in order. I like that killers all have unique powers and I can switch up playstyle on every killer by switching up perks and addons I use. And I don't have to rely on others.

Post edited by hahadrillgobrrr on
  • TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264
    Options

It's fun for me to be the killer ,I enjoy playing this role the much being my favorite monster man.I find the challenge of it fascinating to 1 v 4 the playstyles are always changing ,survivor's using different tactics.If I had a bad match a change my build because survivor's are crafty as the fox and discord exist.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994
    Options

Because solo survivor is much harder. I have no problem to Pip in 8 or 9 / 10 games as killer, but i can maybe pip in 3-4 of survivor games. Just because there are bad teammates, tunneling / camping killer etc.

And Killer provides easily far more bloodpoints.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    edited July 2020
    Options

I do it for the BP, mostly. And I choose killers who usually have some passive way to earn Deviousness points, that way if I'm having a bad game against survivors who greatly outskill me, I can just go off and use my power to earn points without them. As survivor, I often get tunneled out of the game, netting me fewer BP. Also, queue times are longer, which makes the BP earning as survivor even worse. Frustrating games feel more frustrating when the queue is longer. A short queue means I can just hop into the next match, which is why I always choose the role with the shorter queue; during the times I play, that's usually killer.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    Options

It relaxes me.

As survivor I have to keep on a constant lookout.

I'm a solo player, so killer fits me, and if I wanna AFK mid-match because I have to do something, I'll be fine.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

This is what happens when pregnant women stand to close to microwaves

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953
    Options
  • Shocktober
    Shocktober Member Posts: 678
    Options

There's no other point in DBD you can be running the bests builds in the entire game non-stop while still banking BP on the side. 516% BP gains with BBQ while running ebony mori's and 5 second Q times? Don't mind if I do. I can't believe people complain killer is bad right now.

• GHOSTfaceP3
    GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,363
    Options

I did play a lot of killer but after the ruin nerf it became to frustrating now the reason I play killer is because of the rift

• f1uffykins
    f1uffykins Member Posts: 77
    Options

For every game I get gen rushers I learn more on what to do and not to do

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879
    Options

I use that anger to camp with bubba so i can pass it the the other survivor

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879
    Options

Not having to rely on teamate is a blessing that why i play killer and i love the hate in the chat

• TheDiz
    TheDiz Member Posts: 243
    Options

I usually play killer to either farm, do daily's, or if I don't feel like waiting for a survivor game. Most of the time I 2 hook and it's good because they appreciate not death hooking but every 3rd game that is SWF is usually toxic full of nasty comments from little kids but I try not to let it bother me because they either don't realize I didn't death hook and say EZ or talk trash because I 4k if they are extremely toxic.

• SuicidalNapkins
    SuicidalNapkins Member Posts: 2
    Options

I still enjoy playing killer, much more than solo survivor. Never have a dull moment, good teams keep me entertained, unsure whether the will to play varies amongst platforms (xbox player) but I always make it to red rank and it still feels enjoyable. Maybe I'm very very lucky that I don't get slammed by swf's but for the most part I still have fun.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,829
    edited July 2020
    Options

killer is more fun to me than survivor

not having to rely on teammates is good, and it also doesnt help that i find half of the killer roster really boring to go against/actually give me irl discomfort

oh, and queue times. survivor is 5 mins a majority of the day while killer is instant

• ImJustABeeBro
    ImJustABeeBro Member Posts: 94
    Options

It’s fun and also it’s fun watching people get mad at me for playing the game

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,098
    Options

Because it's fun to play both sides. Seeing survivors make mistakes I know I make all the time is amusing. Easy BP - bad match as killer will always give me more BP than bad match as survivor. Also more freedom to do weird stuff like be Mikey and kill people that enter the Myers house. Or play as Ghostface and mark people but not go after them and watch them run off from whatever they were doing. 😂

• leno
    leno Member Posts: 53
    Options

Last night I played 14 games. I got over 2 million bloodpoints after 4 hours of play. That's a reason enough, but also the games were more fun than usual, maybe people were trying to actually play the game instead of just sitting on gens, you get more bloodpoints after all.

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545
    Options

It allows me to get the most out of a game, since I play both sides equally. I have good sessions and bad sessions, but regardless it's fun and there's always room to better my skills and learn from them. It's that realisation that there's always opportunities for improvement that keeps me going.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882
    Options

It's a ton of fun for me. It's a nice change of pace of survivor, I can play on my own terms without having to worry about my team mates letting me down, and I can have mercy on the survivors I know are potatoes. I try to make the matches as fair as possible for the majority of my games so that everyone has fun. There are exceptions of course, but those are so minimal that it doesn't make it a hindrance for me at all. Play for fun and stop taking this game so seriously. You'll have a lot of fun, trust me.

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522
    Options

Because sometimes a survivor picks The Game map offering when you're playing anti skill check Doc.

• DanPie
    DanPie Member Posts: 19
    Options

I still play because survivor gets boring, having multiple killers with unique abilities is awesome, but there are some issues.

• a_good_player
    a_good_player Member Posts: 194
    Options

i play killer because its extremely fun, and i win most of my matches without using broken ######### or playing scummy. thats the problem with this community, you blame your lack of skill on the game. thats on you bro

• Sylorknag
    Sylorknag Member Posts: 760
    Options

Man, I wish I had your ratio, mine is like 3/5 against a really sweat SWF team.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

Killer is way more fun for me. You can’t get facecamped or tunnel mori’d, you don’t have teammates sandbagging or farming you, even if you have a bad game you’re not gonna end it with 3k bloodpoints because you were left to die or you were deleted from the game.

As killer I feel more in control of how my game goes the vast majority of the time. And if I have a match that frustrates me I can just switch off to the match a bit and just focus on farming bp. I don’t find killer anywhere near as stressful as solo survivor because I know that as killer, it’s all on me. If I do badly it’s usually because I ######### up.

Most survivors are really bad and I’ve been playing long enough that I know how to counter a lot of stuff. So I can play relaxed, kill three people and let the last guy leave in the vast majority of my matches. What’s not fun about that?

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857
    Options

The trick is not to play in red ranks where everyone and their mums play sweaty af using the most broken perks they can use to boost themselves and occasionally ghost the killer on coms, and have the mentality where if they make mistakes ITS YOUR FAULT and if you don't' let them win then you're being toxic or entitled.

I enjoy killer because I find it challenging and a real test of mind to mind game and play around the survivors. If only they didn't have so many "######### you mechanics" that take no skill and are all reward no risk lol.

• WindyCityBum
    WindyCityBum Member Posts: 18
    Options

I've been watching other streamers play this game and didn't get into it for a while. I thought being survivor would be great and thought there were too many good killers out there.

Once I started playing, survivor seemed easy with a good team and I didn't find a lot of good killers. Granted, I did die a lot early on, it seemed like if I hid more, I'd survive.

When Pyramid Head came out, I switched to killer and saw the mental challenge! You're not just mentally battling one survivor, but 4! And they each might have a different mentality of what to do. It is really the Ultimate Hunt. Also love when early in a match you get 4 flashlighters tea bagging you and still come out with a 4k!

• matt6996
    matt6996 Member Posts: 82
    Options

Lol just spam spirit with stridor every game and you'll have a good time, plus i haven't caught the sound bug yet so im sorry if it won't work for you

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426
    Options
  • StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882
    Options

Three games in a row already as solo survivor where I die on my first hook. The solo survivor experience is seriously WORSE than killer. You cannot tell me otherwise. This is infuriating. Red ranks too....

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264
    Options

Gatue 3xs, escape cake ,and a mori can you imagine the sweat lmao

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

Because killer has literally never been easier in the games history? Not saying there aren't still some balance issues, mainly maps. But honestly, the sheer number of things that have been nerfed from survivors. Most of which not unfairly mind you. Is staggering when you start to add them up.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

Because at rank 1 it's still pretty easy. Unless you get a terrible map and a really really smart team you should get at least 2 kills.

This is coming from someone who plays as Bubba, Legion and Demogorgan mainly.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    Options

I like not relying on anyone in PVP, and bloodpoints.

I have hundreds/thousand hours in both sides and enjoy both, but for me killer side is my fave.

• CL_Crusader
    CL_Crusader Member Posts: 13
    Options
  • Gamerpoop
    Gamerpoop Member Posts: 34
    Options

I play killer to try new things or grind out BP. Tip: Playing micheal with bloody party streamers gets infinite BP

• komaboma
    komaboma Member Posts: 56
    Options

I camp as bubba so its not too bad