Feedback on Billy Rework - Please Read

PrinceAshitaka
PrinceAshitaka Member Posts: 69
edited July 2020 in General Discussions

Billy in my opinion is one of the few killers in this game that I could point to and say he was perfectly balanced in terms of his power. Playing him to his fullest potential requires skill and game knowledge, he's not a killer that you could just hop on and destroy survivors with mindlessly. Being quite honest, the only time I would consider him overpowered is when it comes to his addon choices, namely insta-saw and tuning guide. Frankly I think I speak on behalf of most billy mains when I say that we would not mind such strong addon combinations getting nerfed.

In the article given to us you guys said "we want to focus on the skill-based gameplay ", I am then confused as to why "insta-saw" is still a thing. Instead you brought us an extremely unattractive new feature, essentially another power gauge that does nothing more than limit our own gameplay. It is especially going to hurt us Billy's who like to mindgame with their chainsaws out revving and going for curves and flicks at certain loops - like before, mindgaming already took a good amount of time to make the survivor overextend to a certain position that he can be curved at, and if you missed/bumped into an object you would lose a lot of time and distance, now with this overheat mechanic Billy is punished even more for it. Like, you're just encouraging Billy players to play way more simple-minded and go for backrevs instead of the more skillful high-risk high-reward mindgames that a lot of us go for.

And no offence, but I'm almost certain this overheat mechanic was introduced just for consistency-sake so that both Bubba and Billy have the same mechanic since they're of course both chainsaw users, I understand why you guys brought it for Bubba (to discourage facecamping with a 99'd chainsaw), however I don't think this feature this be copied and pasted onto Billy. I really hope that the developers see this and reconsider the Billy changes, as I said at the start I think he was in a perfectly fine spot and all that was needed was some addon-adjustments.

Post edited by PrinceAshitaka on

Comments