The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Hillbilly need nerf on walk speed with chainsaw

title

Comments

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    He already walks slower during chainsaw. He also loses bloodlust when he revs up. Not hard to dodge if you time it right. 

While that is valid your forgetting all his speed and control addons and how he can clear a map in 5secs
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    He already walks slower during chainsaw. He also loses bloodlust when he revs up. Not hard to dodge if you time it right. 

Just run in a circle.
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Considering it takes addons just to gain a little directional control, leave him be and stop running in straight lines.
    And no i don't even like to use this killer.
  • cosfloweffect
    cosfloweffect Member Posts: 8

While that is valid your forgetting all his speed and control addons and how he can clear a map in 5secs
    That's what makes him a unique and aa viabl high rank killer. Hillbilly and Nurse haven't had to need a rework for so long because they are balanced. There are ways to get away from both. But no so easy it's ridiculous.
  • SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Just loop him. Easy. 
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@cosfloweffect said:
    redsopine1 said:

cosfloweffect said:

That's what makes him a unique and aa viabl high rank killer. Hillbilly and Nurse haven't had to need a rework for so long because they are balanced. There are ways to get away from both. But no so easy it's ridiculous.

I agree with you on billy.

Nurse is too OP though. If the player plays that killer well, there is almost no chance for you to win.

• HP150
    HP150 Member Posts: 455
    edited September 2018

Nah. All the other killers just need a buff to movement speed. It would (slightly) bring them more in line with Nurse + Billy's map pressure. The reason why Billy and Nurse aren't dumpstered on at Rank 1 is because they can exert map pressure, they can end chases quickly, they can patrol gens better, and they can get in another chase soon after they've hooked someone, mitigating the good ole "gen rush" (ie, survivors knowing what they're doing and not screwing around on dull totems/crouched in a corner).

An overall movespeed buff for all killers has been long overdue. People are tired of seeing only Nurse and Billy at Rank 1 but nobody is willing to accept drastic changes for the other killers.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

@HP150 said:
    Nah. All the other killers just need a buff to movement speed. It would (slightly) bring them more in line with Nurse + Billy's map pressure. The reason why Billy and Nurse aren't dumpstered on at Rank 1 is because they can exert map pressure, they can end chases quickly, they can patrol gens better, and they can get in another chase soon after they've hooked someone, mitigating the good ole "gen rush" (ie, survivors knowing what they're doing and not screwing around on dull totems/crouched in a corner).

An overall movespeed buff for all killers has been long overdue. People are tired of seeing only Nurse and Billy at Rank 1 but nobody is willing to accept drastic changes for the other killers.

Uh, no. Nurse and Hillbilly need a nerf in tandem with split-generators/objective being reworked. You don't bring balanced killers up to the OP killers when the entire reason objective is the problem.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

learn to dodge it. its not that hard.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

First, give us some more killers that are viable.

Then we can talk nerfs.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Eninya said:

@HP150 said:

Uh, no. Nurse and Hillbilly need a nerf in tandem with split-generators/objective being reworked. You don't bring balanced killers up to the OP killers when the entire reason objective is the problem.

Forgive my ignorance if I missed this during a Q&A or dev stream  but what do you mean by split generator / objectives. I know they mentioned adding more objectives but I don't see how nurse or Billy get called into question. And the only thing that comes to mind when you say split-gens  is when survivors intentionally keep repaired generators separated from one another to prevent a trifecta.
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@DemonDaddy said:
    Eninya said:

@HP150 said:

Forgive my ignorance if I missed this during a Q&A or dev stream  but what do you mean by split generator / objectives. I know they mentioned adding more objectives but I don't see how nurse or Billy get called into question. And the only thing that comes to mind when you say split-gens  is when survivors intentionally keep repaired generators separated from one another to prevent a trifecta.

Nurse and hillbilly are currently “balanced” yet the killer faction is too weak. That means logically once the killer faction is bugged as a whole to balanced, those 2 will get pushed into the OP category. Though as of now they should t get nerfed yet

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    edited September 2018

@ZombieGenesis said:
    He has a crazy movement power, with 1 hit down potential, and regular movement speed to boot. I don't get it. Either nerf him down to the level of The Pig or other mid-carders or buff everyone to his level. One or the other.

nerfing viable killers will not make more killers viable, only reduce the amount of viable killers

• Killigma
    Killigma Member Posts: 372

So out of the 13 killers, you want to nerf 1 of the viable ones? And out of all the complaints I have heard of Billy, you want his walking speed nerf'd? Billy and Nurse are argubaly the two most viable Killers at high ranks, but still people complain that Billy and Nurse are OP. Billy should be the benchmark for Killers in this game, Nurse needs a fix, granted. Other Killers, possibly excluding Huntress once they fix hatchets, need to be brought up to his level. Billy is fine! If you keep getting caught out by simply the insta-down; 360 juke, don't walk in a straight line, loop him. It honestly isn't not that hard bud.

• Sir_Kazi
    Sir_Kazi Member Posts: 55

Wraith is now viable with that bell ######### homie. No one walks in a straigth line. i did that 360 ######### and he still caught me. hitbox on it big af. thats why i say speed need nerf

• IronWolf115
    IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672

Billy is fine, and if he does get nerfed then I am curious where BHVR's priorities lie.

• Sir_Kazi
    Sir_Kazi Member Posts: 55

and certain maps make killers viable. meat plant is an awful ######### map for survivors. Killers should be buffed a tad but certaintly not to nurse or hillbilly level. the nurse breaks the game

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

Billy can be looped tho

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@Sir_Kazi said:
    title

Huntress was already nerfed.

If you nerf billy too, then nurse will be the only killer anymore. Do you really want that?

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Sir_Kazi said:
    title

If you nerf billy too, then nurse will be the only killer anymore. Do you really want that?

Cough Hag, cough Wraith and I'm seeing Doctors and Rins get 3-4k at rank 1 just by playing optimally.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

@DemonDaddy said:
    Eninya said:

@HP150 said:

A big issue with the game is that it's far, far more effective for survivors to split up and do generators independently, spread across the map. The killer cannot lock down the entire map, so he can only realistically defend one or two generators. While he's out of range of the others, they know it's safe to keep going. While you do get a pretty sizable speed bonus for working on generators together, it's not SO big that it feels worth it beyond convenience.

Multiple people working on a single generator usually means they're desperate for it and it's worth it for the killer to camp because survivors are rarely working on repairs together out of necessity, unless they're trying not to get 3-genned. (I'd argue the 3-gen strat is a problem, but it's more of a symptom of a lot of other systemic problems in the way the objective currently functions.)

I feel like Ruin should be baseline, and independent generator repairs should be on the border of "too slow" to encourage people to work together. This would make ally aura reading better, allow killers to have a fourth perk in place of Ruin (that cannot be destroyed), and pave the way for substantially better balancing of Ruin's effectiveness in general around the killers and their allotted effective time.

Hillbilly being "broken" with mobility is a serious road block for altering map sizes and obstructions, and he really does need a nerf. It will happen in tandem or right around the same time the devs decide which direction they want to take the future of the game. Bottom line is: Hillbilly's power is over the top, and any changes that benefit the killer standard underneath him will legitimately turn him into an unbeatable god for anyone half-decent with his chainsaw. Huntress is considered the third best killer, and the pinnacle of balance, but Hillbilly has been where he stands forever, so the community is a little hypocritical on the subject. Nurse is a special case, since she's already got some pretty harsh penalties for being bad, but her skill ceiling is almost impossible to balance around. (Also, most maps having huge sweeps of LoS for her doesn't help.)

TL;DR: Hillbilly is broken and has to be nerfed moving forward. His OP-ness is a result of other parts of the game being unbalanced/needing design updates.

• yeet

@powerbats said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Sir_Kazi said:
    title

Cough Hag, cough Wraith and I'm seeing Doctors and Rins get 3-4k at rank 1 just by playing optimally.

are they playing optimally or are the survivors playing poorly?

• powerbats

@yeet said:

@powerbats said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Sir_Kazi said:
    title

It can be both but a lot of it's killers are playing optimally then of course there's all the ftp that like to run into hag traps non stop at low ranks for some reason.

But mostly the killers are maxing out the potential on them.

• yeet

@powerbats said:

@yeet said:

@powerbats said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Sir_Kazi said:
    title

It can be both but a lot of it's killers are playing optimally then of course there's all the ftp that like to run into hag traps non stop at low ranks for some reason.

killers only win by survivor mistakes
    if survivors play perfectly a killer cannot win

• powerbats

@yeet said:

@powerbats said:

@yeet said:

@powerbats said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Sir_Kazi said:
    title

That's not true, a killer can still get kills even when the survivors play perfectly just by anticipating better or positioning better. Thinking ahead and not just doing the same thing that didn't work over and over again.

• yeet

@powerbats said:

@yeet said:

@powerbats said:

@yeet said:

@powerbats said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Sir_Kazi said:
    title

That's not true, a killer can still get kills even when the survivors play perfectly just by anticipating better or positioning better. Thinking ahead and not just doing the same thing that didn't work over and over again.

no they cannot, if a killer anticipates what a survivor will do or outpositions them that is a survivor mistake

• holywhitetrash
    holywhitetrash Member Posts: 289

@powerbats said:

running through hag traps is how you beat her...
    as soon as you see she is in chase you just pop all of her traps removing her zones of control forcing her to have to rely on traps she places mid chase

• powerbats

@yeet said:

no they cannot, if a killer anticipates what a survivor will do or outpositions them that is a survivor mistake

Well that's true to an extent but you could also say the killer was just better also. Besides better killers also create survivor mistakes instead of just waiting for them.

• powerbats

@holywhitetrash said:

@powerbats said:

running through hag traps is how you beat her...
    as soon as you see she is in chase you just pop all of her traps removing her zones of control forcing her to have to rely on traps she places mid chase

Oh I agree, especially if she's on other side of map, then hope she doesn't have the ultra rare addon and come smack you down lol.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@yeet said:

@powerbats said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Sir_Kazi said:
    title

Guess what :wink: