I just can't take it anymore.......I quit and you should to for your health

Options

It's a depressing time for everyone with the virus outbreak. So I came back to play DBD after a 6 month break, to play the new exciting chapter of Silent Hill, to lookover the balance changes to the game which showed promise and to get my mind off these stressful times. Unfortunately DBD is stil unbalanced and stressful to peoples health for those who play killer, it feels like this game makes people more angry and depresssed then ever. It's brought upon from killer players who have been begging for years for changes to the meta of the game so its more balance. With each new update the changes to survivors to make them more balance never happens, only small changes are made which make no difference e.g the small slow down to cooperative gen progression. In the next update these going to be a nerf change to billy which they didn't disccuss in the 4 year anniversary community video. Why out of all the changes would you nerf Billy? He wasn't that strong. Where is the clown rework? Killer players or who play both sides like myself have been begging for changes to the massive maps? What about the keys? The hatch? Gen speed? Survivor friends? or the over used meta perks survivors use like decisive strike, I'm pretty sure it's used more then the old ruin ever did, I use it myself, its boring for everyone and a game changer. Yes there is also problems with killers eg. tunneling and moris but survivor strengths out way the killer ones by far, thats why when the Devs nerf killers the community is divided more when it shouldn't. This games player base is on a knife edge, to all killer players if you want change for the game like I did please stop playing the game for the change and for your health. Its the only way to push the point across. Playing as the killer for me has been too stressful and its made me feel depressed, the biggest factor is the toxic survivor friend bully teams. Not every surivivor is like this but I large majority of them make life miserable for killers which I guess makes them feel good about themselves. With this being a daily occurance for me it has resulted in me feeling anxious about myself and I bet I'm not the only one who feels the same way. So after playing so many stressful killer games as freddy today, being provoked, bullied, attacked, limited in my ability, I decdied to quit for good because of how much this game has impacted my mental and physical health. I play all killers in red ranks and survivors so I understand them all, I Played over 1,000 hours and enough is enough. I know for a fact I am not the only one who feels this way, with looking over the forums and youtubers like Tru3, Space Coconut, Bricky and many others have express this same concern for years with hardly any big changes. I'll link a video in the description below of a video that Bricky made 2 years ago about how broken the meta is in DBD and its still relevant today. I love this game I want it to be fair for both sides, this game can be fun, in addiction It's amazing to me how the devs have gotten so many license characters which I love in movies and other media but Im sorry Devs I just can't take the pressure anymore and no one should. It's disappointing because most of the issues can be easily changed but it takes years for something real to happen. So goodbye Dead by daylight it's sad but I just can't take it anymore, don't let this game affect your health like it did for me. Stay safe everyone!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axy2RP_Xvd0

Comments

• IamDwight
    IamDwight Member Posts: 236
    Options

DBD was fun before August 2019, imho. #BringBackOldDBD

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054
    Options

lol

• Matěj666
    Matěj666 Member Posts: 17
    Options

Bro i understand u. When i go play as piramid head survivors gen rushing. Because So many peoples who play as survivors thinks pyramid head is so strong. But every Killer in good hands is strong. And i dont understand why so many peoples ruining matches with gen rushing and being toxic.

• PassarinoT
    PassarinoT Member Posts: 909
    Options

I completely understand you. I get 4Ks constantly, but this game is still a weight on my shoulders when I boot it up. Even when playing casually, it has it's ways of tilting me without release. Even when playing casual I still get stressed by the bugginess of this game. It's just competitive and while fun, I think it's toxic in large durations.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
    Options

Just take a break. Playing too much games that frustrate you can be stressful. Take a break, some people feel refreshed and like the game again. Come back once you can deal with the community again!

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

I'm getting a 4k even while drunk so I'm happy enough with the games current balance.

• IsaacPepe
    IsaacPepe Member Posts: 6
    Options

yeah its true.

gameplays for killer is stressfull and that one nerf with repair speed is nothing...

and they wanna add start game colaps its mean more gen rush and boring games :(

Dbd is unbalaced game and developers making fun from it. If you gonna read that 4th aniversary descriptions on loading screen you can go make suicide XD

• Rin_is_my_waifu
    Rin_is_my_waifu Member Posts: 963
    Options

I highly recommend you master spirit. If you want stress-free games, this is your ideal killer

Trust me, whenever I have a bad game, I immediately switch to my main to calm down

I would also recommend Billy, but he is getting the nurse treament in the next update, so forget about him

Freddy and Doc are good anti-loopers, too. Check them out before leaving

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426
    Options

I'll be forced out of the game in a week so I'm just playing while I can :/

• GodNap
    GodNap Member Posts: 206
    Options

agree on all but i won't quit. I'm main killer but i will play survivor until the game is balanced. Killer is too stressful.

• Menwaalie
    Menwaalie Member Posts: 18
    Options

First of all respect for the heart u show by writing this all down about your personal state and such takes courage.

I can honestly say by the looks of what u wrote that u were really into this game.

U are right , there will be several people feeling the same as u do but may i say that a game is still initially ment for time killing relaxing and enjoying the moment of free time u have besides your daily duties.

Starts with liking a game and before you know it infects your personal life and u cant seem to get a hold of it.

In the begin its really fun somehow addictive to this joy and suddently your just non stop playing and the fun gets lost so you lose the initial reason why u played this game and then it starts affecting u in your weakness ( i do not mean this in an offending way dont get me wrong everyone has a weakness)

Your mood gets decided on how your game results are and thats a sad thing but does happen to alot of people in many many diffrent games.

You have let it come to far and lost the enjoyment of this game and therefor u want to warn other people in hope that they wont go the same road as you , i get what u mean in every point u wrote.

I advise you to really take a break from this game and as some others say try other games.

Or even quit gaming for a while until u have the feeling again that u get alot of joy from it.

There is no game in this world thats worth your health to be crushed.

Take care man and try not to think to negative.

Grts

• Reaver_Raziel
    Reaver_Raziel Member Posts: 400
    Options

Honestly I think I have gotten damaged from playing league of legends, since in that game I got death threats and people wishing my family would die from all sorts of illness and accidents. So at this point I just kind of enjoy people trying to be dickheads in chat, I keep every single negative thing said to me on my steam page. I just find it funny at this point, that people go "camper" "tunneler" because they think its impossible for them to die any other way than the killer to have "cheated".

Honestly i'm done with a game not when it becomes, annoying or unbalanced or anything like that. Im done with a game when Im not having fun. And I stopped playing league for the same reason.

But as many other have said. If you are having mental issues or feeling stressed out. Then multiplayer games is the wrong avenue for you my friend, since players will always try to do things they find fun no matter how it makes others feel. There is amazingly cool games out there with little to no enemies or other players. I'd recommend playing some of those. Exploration games especially are good for a relaxing experience.

• DecemberMan
    DecemberMan Member Posts: 30
    edited July 2020
    Options

I quit the game a month ago after 38 hours. I even posted a negative review of it on Steam. It gained quite a traction for some reason. Anyway I had similar problems with the game. I returned to it to give it a second chance, but with a different mindset:

As a killer consider a 2k to be a win. Anything above is a bonus. 1k is a draw and 0k is a loss. Yes, it's not logical, but for your own mental well being as a killer, this will make it more fun.

Still, if you get tilted too much as a killer, go play survivor:

On Steam the queues for survivors are only 1-2 minutes (compared to 7-10 minutes for killers). Even if you die within the first 2 minutes of the match, you'll get a next one in no time, so there's literally no stress involved there.

Return to the game after a few weeks with this mindset and try it again.

Good luck friend.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited July 2020
    Options

While you're away from the game you should learn a bit about paragraphs... sorry but that text wall is unreadable

• Chunkyboi
    Chunkyboi Member Posts: 115
    Options

Sorry but if you get offended by a survivor spamming m2 you need to rethink your life. Its true that the game can be stressful at times but not getting a 4k is not losing.

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310
    Options

DbD has had no effect on my overall mental health state.

That's just always been bad...

• IamDwight
    IamDwight Member Posts: 236
    Options

Nope, "imho" means "in my honest opinion". That being said, imho, dbd has gotten worse from what it was a whole year ago.

• SpookyStabby
    SpookyStabby Member Posts: 621
    Options

I feel sorry that you can't enjoy the game anymore. I hope you can discover a new outlet for your anxiety, fear and sadness through these times. Mental health plays a more important role in society than ever during this quarantine/ pandemic. I wish you luck in finding a place of peace and balance.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Thanks for your consideration, but no thanks.

I cannot get stressed by this game anymore, i've developed a mental wall made of diamond just for this game.

• Ihatetoxicsurvivors
    Ihatetoxicsurvivors Member Posts: 50
    edited July 2020
    Options

This guy has a point and its kinda ironic that a bunch of toxic lowlife have started to harass him in the comments in this post, Just because they're to stuck up to see that the game is one sided. Also someone get this guy on the top of the forums and ban the scum abusing this guy

• MEATSOLDIER
    MEATSOLDIER Member Posts: 16
    Options

anyone else not gonna read an unformatted wall of text?

tl;dr, learn to press enter.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547
    Options

As a person who suffered from bullying, homophobia and REAL depression, I would apreciate you not to confuse a bad day on a videogame which you can drop any moment and play soomething else with a real mental health illness, thank you.

And yes I had my bad days too so I can perfectly difference both things.

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636
    Options

Uhm I play killer and feel fine. Yeah sure I'll have a bad game every so often but it's just a game and I don't care enough to let it affect my (mental and physical) health?

If a game does that to you, you probably shouldn't play it?

• MrDrakanator
    MrDrakanator Member Posts: 47
    Options

I'm sure many people have called you sensitive and have told you to get over it. And I'm sure many people have been like "I don't mind playing Killer." That's great for them, but that doesn't make your point any less valid. Some people have better matches than others, and some people grow used to the constant stress of playing killer to the point they no longer feel it. These killer players that are saying they like playing killer would probably still tell you that survivor is less stressful than Killer, and that is quite remarkable. I've have many points where DBD killer has torn at my mental health as well. I start to get over that stress only when I start to ignore it or not care so much about winning. But as a competitive person, I want to care about winning. No other game takes the same mental toll on me in my efforts to win as this game does.

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871
    Options

Examples of toxic people that should of been banned from the game through the report system long ago - right here.

Like if you're a person that can make this kind of comment. You're apart of the problem that BHVR has needed to fix a along time ago. Including the ones upvoting these kinds of comments. (If you can even count the upvotes, because we all know more than half of these kinds of people use alt acc's to upvote themselves in threads)

• Schinsly
    Schinsly Member Posts: 176
    Options

nope, i definitely dont make new accounts to upvote myself lmao and nothing about what i said was toxic. ######### off

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,662
    Options

Care to actually elaborate on why mine and these two other comments are bad and why we should be banned because right now you've added nothing to the conversation.

I also stick by my entire statement no matter what you have an issue with. Telling someone to quit a video game because they themselves dislike it is dumb. This dude is also having mental issues over a video game and that tells me he should move on from it and find something more his own pace. It's obviously not for him.

He also only has one post, supposedly has over 1000 hours and wrote a wall of text. My money is OP is someones alt and they're just looking for a laugh. In fact I'm sure they've enjoyed the responses thus far.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

If a game is having an affect on your mental health, it's best to walk a way. A video game is not worth a person's mental health.

• BaschFonRonsenburg
    BaschFonRonsenburg Member Posts: 308
    Options

The Clown is A Tier now. I almost exclusively play Clown. He’s insane. I never have a chase last longer than 30 seconds now. And that’s rare. People don’t know how to counter him yet. The devs weren’t lying when he said people don’t know how to play him.

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871
    Options

Further proof. Well done.

Actually I do add to the conversation by bring light of one big issue with this game and it's toxic community - making examples of your posts that added nothing to the conversation except only to insult the OP, and ignore him. While all OP did was suggest that Killer's that are finding the game a toxic cesspool that will never be helped, to speak with their money and leave the game because that's the only way BHVR will listen.

All the while you just tell OP to leave, on his post of him saying he was leaving the game. At the same time making assumptions about them.

But good job trying to twist your words into something - anything even, you're not very good at manipulation, you've proved nothing but being toxic hypocrite, and are apart of the big problem with the game and it's community. Good day.

• slunder
    slunder Member Posts: 247
    Options

Here is my diagnostic:

• Ghosty123
    Ghosty123 Member Posts: 23
    Options

Calm down and dont take the game so seriously and if you still dont enjoy it here's an idea dont play it

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,206
    Options

this community is a toxic cesspool not getting better most don't care someone quit the game.they will in the end when no play anymore but a few.

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522
    edited July 2020
    Options

I will say that every single time I sit down to play this I end up regretting it after.

But I keep doing it anyway, hah. 🤣

Often times it only takes one match for me to call it a day, because the things that I find frustrating are so commonplace. Literally every game.

For example, just sat down after dinner to try one match, got a 4-man SWF with 3 reds/1 green, a Haddonfield offering, and rampant teabagging/clicking at the end. Then they proceed to give me the patronizing BS about how, "Oh you did really well, gg man, was fun!" after a 4-out.

Yeah, that's all I need in a day.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,662
    Options

Yes, I am incredibly toxic by showing my disagreement with the fact OP is telling other people to quit a game because of his issues with it. I also appreciate that you've actually elaborated a bit on your problems with me and the other people this time though. Your first post was literally nothing but "these people are bad!" without giving reason as to why which makes it hard to have any kind of conversation.

Also, there is literally no reason to attack me here and you seem to be making pretty big assumptions on me as well. I don't understand why you're so hurt over such a minor statement of mine and that you think I'm trying to be manipulative or some ######### with alt account up-voting. My first post on the thread here was literally saying I hope he finds a game he can enjoy but he shouldn't come on the forums telling other people to leave because of his own personal problems with it. I don't see how that's toxic.

Could I have maybe worded it to be a little nicer like Boosted_Dwight? Sure but I don't see any reason to. Posts like these are a dime a dozen with alt accounts, people not actually leaving or people just trying to stir the pot. For all you know it could be an alt account of mine and I'm just fishing for drama. Either way if OP really is done with the game then it makes no difference what any of us say here. He will have already moved on and again, I hope he finds something more his style.

The main thing though is that there is a big difference between being toxic and simply disagreeing with what someone is saying. I disagree heavily with pretty much everything OP said in that wall of text; that does not make me toxic. I'm not calling OP names or saying he just needs to get stronger emotionally or any of that other crap. He had issues with the game and told people to bail on it because of that which I don't think people should do. It's up to each individual to make that decision, even if they are in similar circumstances as OP.

• kylerabdcgamer10
    kylerabdcgamer10 Member Posts: 279
    Options

dude you suck, you don't need to be a dick for no reason and make someone feel even worse, take a note from the other people with hearts and show a little compassion, toxic people like you are one of the reasons people quit, you literally didn't need to say that it was pointless