Flashlight Buffs anywhere?

Options
Akito
Akito Member Posts: 673

I just read "Lose items, consuming items, immunity"

Any changes to the flashlights? Like a red flashlight which blinds 0,25ms faster or the blind stays 0.5 ms longer?

Or "blinds at a slightly wider angle"? Flashlights are so hard to use and they have so many counterplay.. in nearly 10/10 situations a killer who's aware of being flashlight attacked knows how to counterplay by default and there's nothing you can do. It makes it impossible to use a flashlight. Even more killer can just run Lightborn, Franklins, Fire Up, Overwhelming, so much just to make it so worse...

Seriously man I am sad about that. Flashlights are so extremely hard to play. Most of the time the people throw the game bc they don't do any gens. It's high risk/low reward.

I know killer mains getting piassed when I start talking about that but they do hate anything even if it plays in their cards like when people drop 4 coin offerings to waste so much time looting and the killer is like "NO CHESTS, THEYRE MIIIINE"

Just anything about flashlights. Something...

Comments

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870
    Options

I agree with you there ar only 4 viable addons batteries and filaments. I have stacks of the other ones because I dont use them the odd bulb should atleast make the blind take 0.75 to 0.8 seconds to do and doesnt stack with others that way no more instablinds

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318
    Options

I mean the main issue for me is that there can be 4 flashlights at a time, but only 1 killer. If the flashlights were much stronger than they are now we'd just have people using the strongest item more often than not because why wouldn't you? It's a free escape/save.

They're balanced right now because they are high risk/medium reward. If the risk factor goes down at all (i.e., making it easier to blind killers) the equation is thrown off.

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    Options

Except insta blind flashlights didnt care if you had lightborn it was still impossible to react too. Lightborn originally in additon to making flashlights take longer to blind slightly darjened the screen as a trade off. Shadowborn did the opposite make you weaker to flashlights but lightened the game a little bit. But that was when moonlight offerings existed.

• Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673
    Options

You read my thread, copper? If you as a killer counterplay flashlights by default gameplay and even more if know that someone is around you they can't do anything. Even if the guy on the ground is open field, you can do so much and it will work. In fact that the survivors don't do any objective which plays in your cards. And that in mind, one more flashlight doesn't make the other 3 flashlights stronger like when 4 people running a toolbox or a medkit.

It makes it even more risky for survivors bc if multiple survivors go for flashlight safes and the killer knows that they probably will lose the game.

And that's why I would like to see that one flashlight does sth more by default. Make a red flashlight which you can't get that often which does sth. widens the angle, longer beam, slightly faster blind. Not all of this.

Flashlights have a high reward in high skill games but in high skill games they probably won't work. What makes them one of the worst items.

Medkit? I can heal myself 3 times within 8 seconds. Imagine all 4 survivors doing so.

The best toolbox with BNP x4. 3 gens will pop very quickly.

The Map with Detectives. Imagine playing trapper or hex perks. Those gfive you so much value.

The flashlights value are the safes. The pallet blinds are cocky but not very helpful, against a good killer pretty dangerous. But by all the counterplay it has it makes it nearly impossible so get a blind. And like I said you can't stack the strenght of multiple flashlights. The more survivors going for safes the worst becomes it for the team goal.

• coppersly
    Options

They shouldn't give you results every time though. They're meant to punish killers who do not play around them, not reward you with a save/blind every time you want to use it. It seems like you want the reward every time/nearly every time when that would just invalidate so many aspects of this game.

It would never be safe to pick someone up in an open area without pretty much ignoring them and making sure everyone else around them can't get the save, which is just slugging and that's not something we should be forcing killers to do. It was awful when it was the standard.

• JesterClown
    JesterClown Member Posts: 225
    Options

What is the problem with the killer having counterplay, of course the killer should be able to avoid a flashlight if they know its coming

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,036
    Options

I'd be completely ok with that, not because of anything to do with Franks mixtape but because I already have fun with Legion as he is now.

• SailedSavage
    SailedSavage Member Posts: 280
    Options

Anyone who complains about flashlights now don't understand just how strong they were before. You could get infinite saves with a team of flashlights. Now you actually have to have some skill to pull it off. No more mindless clicky clicky you've gotta be smart. Mind you I'm a survivor main and even I think they were stupid before lol

• SailedSavage
    SailedSavage Member Posts: 280
    Options

Legion is strong and great with gen pressure. He has a ton of good builds that compliment of fast he is.

• BeardedMenace
    BeardedMenace Member Posts: 215
    Options

You can actually do this?? I was told you can only spawn 3 extra cheats at most also, how many spawn without coins? Thanks, I just want to know the correct information because I get fed a lot of false information.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

I don't see faster blinds ever coming back.

They're already quite easy to pull off at Pallets, and if you're there when the Killer picks them up and doesn't have a wall, it's not as easy as at Pallets, but definitely not that hard.

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417
    Options

If anything I'd want them to last a bit longer by default.

Yellow=10 seconds

Green=12 seconds

Purple=15 seconds

It feels like they run out too fast without add-ons and since you lose your add-ons at the end of the match no matter what now I think it'd be fair to buff them to last a bit longer by default.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
    Options

I don't think op suggested to bring back flashlights from 2016 my friend. Just a slight buff to make it more appealing to try and not just to continue holding M1 at gens. I personally wouldn't mind as killer, survivors aren't trying that often anymore and always look at walls. From 100 attempts they make 5 successful saves and nearly all of them were because I didn't expect a flashlight (they found one in a chest) so I played slippery

• DwightOP
    Options

4 flashlights means 4 survivors not working on gens, right? I take that as killer any day. It's easier to counterplay a flashlight squad than a genrush squad.

• coppersly
    Options

That's when they're preforming sub-optimal. You're always better off with at least 1 person on a gen. That's 2 other people trying to flashlight save.

Ordinarily not a problem, but as soon as flashlights get stronger BAM. Problem time.

• DwightOP
    Options

Hold on, "easy to pull of af pallets“? What do you mean by that?

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Flashlights are VERY difficult to balance.

If you make the blind any faster/easier than it is currently, every half-decent survivor can make the killer drop survivors pretty regularly. That's miserable for killers and completely throws off the time dynamics of the game. As it is it's still possible, it's just hard, and for the massive amount of reward it gives, it definitely should be hard.

I'd be all for a slightly longer blind on a higher tier flashlight, or something like briefly distorted vision after a blind (like clown's effect on survivors) or they could add something like "deafens the killer while they are blinded, lowers battery life" as an add on. Something to make them more useful, but not more controlling in terms of drops.

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    Options

You seem to be low key suggesting the removal of franklins and lightborn because they make flashlights harder to use. I'm just giving history on past flashlight addons and how they interacted with lightborn when they were so much stronger. And your post gave no indication of which patch you were referring to.

• Boss
    Options

Once a Killer starts breaking a Pallet, they're locked into an animation in which they're vulnerable to being blinded.

Unless they've equipped something specifically to avoid this, like Brutal Strength, Lightborn or using a Killer Power to destroy it quickly, it's an easy blind to pull off.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159
    Options

Yeah i think flashlights should get a rework, at least their addons.

Get countered by my Myers with "Fire Up!" btw.

• DwightOP
    Options

Oh well, I thought you were talking about flashlight saving a survivor in the pallet lol

• Yogerman1997
    Yogerman1997 Member Posts: 374
    Options

flashlights don't need be easier to play

they are enought annoying as they are

like every item/offering.. i don't understand why them exist

just to make the game balance harder...

• DetectiveBingBong
    DetectiveBingBong Member Posts: 67
    Options

A Friend and I experimented, and we learned that the blinding effect takes place even just before you get the points for blinding, pretty consistantly. So it's a little less time thab you think.

• Boss
    Options

...I'm trying to imagine that.

I'm thinking of a human-sized Flashlight teabagging now. 👌

• OldWiseOne
    OldWiseOne Member Posts: 159
    Options

You dont want the blinds quicker, that will mess up your flashlight save timing... and if youre someone who is just on about blinding mid chase then no, you can already easily blind at pallets as well as saves. there are multiple add-ons that increase blindness duration. i for one think flashlights are in a great position, you need some knowledge and some skill and i often get multiple flashlight saves daily which i would say is the main point of flashlights