Pro tip for killers: don't make a beeline for your hex the second the game loads

brokedownpalace
brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793
edited September 2018 in General Discussions
Typical scenario:

*Match starts*
*Killers runs to the corner of the map where there are no generators and proceeds to circle around the area for 15 seconds, checking every nook and cranny*
*If the killer is a Hag or Trapper they will place traps. If the killer is Clown he will throw a tonic. If the killer is Doc he will shock the area*
*Killer starts patrolling gens*
*20 seconds later the hex is cleansed*

Killer: TOTEM PLACEMENT IS TRASH 

Even if the survivor did not witness the killer doing all of that, all you have to do is pay attention to where you first see the killer coming from in the beginning of the match. There's a 90% chance the hex will be somewhere behind them.

Comments

• chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    Shhhhhh don't tell them that.
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    I kinda feel the best tactic is to ignore your totems. Once they realize you're guarding it so jealously, they will get on the generators anyway.
    If I hook someone right next to my Ruin, I tend to camp... I mean, PATROL them, but otherwise, sooner or later the totem has to go anyway.
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Oh and yes, as survivor I had an easy time finding Ruin simply by seeing where killer goes first.
    So yeah, OP offers a good advice here.
  • apropos
    apropos Member Posts: 245

@Orion said:

@apropos said:
    Real pro-tip: At the beginning of all matches, run into random corner of the map, circle around some dumb thing a bunch, then run away. Come back in 2 minutes and some survivor will be there. /fist pump

Another pro-tip: if the hatch is open, stand still in a random location with clear line of sight of your surroundings. The Survivor will think you're at the hatch and come to you (if they don't know where the hatch really is).

See. These survivors don't even know! It's us who are watching them! bwahaha

• brokedownpalace
    Orion said:

@apropos said:
    Real pro-tip: At the beginning of all matches, run into random corner of the map, circle around some dumb thing a bunch, then run away. Come back in 2 minutes and some survivor will be there. /fist pump

Another pro-tip: if the hatch is open, stand still in a random location with clear line of sight of your surroundings. The Survivor will think you're at the hatch and come to you (if they don't know where the hatch really is).

I've done this. It worked beautifully.
  • redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Another pro tip last two survivors and one has not shown for a while and you slugged the other mind game loyalty with this * do you want to live if you do lead me to the hatch if no one is there you can have it if another is there they shall die
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

Ignoring my Hex Totem often leads to a quick cleanse on most maps.
    Immediately going to it from the get-go at least helps protecting it, and most Survivors either think you go to a Generator or think you saw an other Survivor.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    *Sees a secret survivor offering used*
    "That was Vigo's Shroud wasn't it?"
    *Match starts*
    *Runs to opposite side of the map*
    "Yeah it was Vigo's."

Git Gud, don't use Vigo's.
  • FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

@Tzeentchling9 said:
    While I don't disagree, it's kind of a catch 22 since Survivors spawn on the totem more often than not.

This!

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

That's why I use Whispers a lot. You can tell someone is on your totem without having to get super close to it. I feel like you have to check on it if it's spawned far away from you because it's almost definite that someone will have found it and be doing it when you get there.

• Captain
    Captain Member Posts: 39
    Yo if you played the game for countless hours you know for a fact that the hex spawn is the worst. I played games where the hex is the opposite side of the map and I go over there and guess what soneone is clensing it and I'm able to stop them but another team mate gets it. I hate how easy it is to find it is a fire up totem so bright you can see it far away. 
  • HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

So when hex spawns next to a gen, don't go near it. Got it.

• Captain
    Captain Member Posts: 39

So when hex spawns next to a gen, don't go near it. Got it.

Exactly you have common sense. That's the worst place it spawns so unfair
  • Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    Orion said:

@apropos said:

It tends to work really well if you stand on one of those hills the trapdoor could spawn on. Makes you nice and visible.
  • brokedownpalace
    Esheon said:
    Orion said:

@apropos said:

It tends to work really well if you stand on one of those hills the trapdoor could spawn on. Makes you nice and visible.
    That's exactly what I did! :)