Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

SWAMP MAPS

I thought they were gonna get rid of those maps?

Comments

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

Why would they?

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

I actually don't mind the swamp maps, but they ought to trim the bushes quite a bit. I think the swamp maps get a bad rap mainly because of how large they are, since Pale Rose is the largest, and Grim Pantry is the third largest map.

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637

they have never said this, and i happen to like the swamp maps.

by the way, had you noticed your name is ridiculous?
  • @Lowbei said:
    TOXICCLAUDETTEMAIN said:

they have never said this, and i happen to like the swamp maps.

by the way, had you noticed your name is ridiculous?

Yeah couldnt think of anything else to name me LMAOO

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

Never. I love the Swamp on both sides. The atmosphere is superb. I'm hoping for some type of Tropical Rainforest or similar for a new map in a Chapter. Maybe even some form of Aztec/Inca Temple structure with jungle on the outside edges and a 2/3 story structure in the middle in some fashion.

• @Mringasa said:
    Never. I love the Swamp on both sides. The atmosphere is superb. I'm hoping for some type of Tropical Rainforest or similar for a new map in a Chapter. Maybe even some form of Aztec/Inca Temple structure with jungle on the outside edges and a 2/3 story structure in the middle in some fashion.

its just too many objects and it so confusing when i play survivor

• Mringasa

@TOXICCLAUDETTEMAIN said:

@Mringasa said:

its just too many objects and it so confusing when i play survivor

That's part of why I like it tbh. It doesn't have that sameness and boring look that places like Macmillan and the Corn do. It feels a bit more alive, and it suits the Hag's storyline perfectly. So far I'm really loving the look of Yamaoka as well. It's got a lot of variety to it, and I have fun everytime I play on that map. Lots of interesting nooks and crannies to get into. It gets a bit boring to run through corn and haybales constantly, or look at walls and some woods with a bit of an industrial type building in the middle. Pallet Heaven isn't too bad either. It has enough variety to keep it interesting each time I play there.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    As a freddy main I hate those maps and corn maps with a passion
  • Mringasa

@PhantomMask20763 said:

Why? Because of the movement of the corn/reeds and such that give away your position?

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    edited September 2018
    Mringasa said:

@PhantomMask20763 said:

Why? Because of the movement of the corn/reeds and such that give away your position?

Freddy already has lower vision because of the extra fog, add in all the reeds and crap... can’t see a damn thing.
  • Crythor
    Crythor Member Posts: 296

You can keep the swamp maps. Remove Larys instead.

• Cass
    Cass Member Posts: 47
    edited September 2018

I hate swamp maps because too often 3 gens are too close together.

@PhantomMask20763 said:

Yes i hate them too so bad. I cant see a thing on those with piggy in crouch.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    edited September 2018

tbh, i hated these maps too at first, but the i came to realise, that they dont have too many loops (especially after some reworks), so you may have a bad time to find someone, but the chase isnt too long.
    for survivors, these maps are build all around stealth. you can hide everywhere and the killer could literally walk right besides you and won even notice you sitting there. dont try playing like on maps as the coldwind farm, since the swamp doesnt have that many save areas.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Mringasa said:

@PhantomMask20763 said:

Yeah that's pretty much it but all of the extra corn and reeds along with the crap ton of fog is just painful too. But I hate it on all my killers unless I'm playing Billy. It's too big for me to be everywhere at once lol.