Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Quitting the game for the second time

I used to play during the first year since launch, quitted because survivors were dropping all the hooks (that didn't repair at all). During this time there were much more survivor players than killers.
Recently I downloaded the game again, played for a few weeks. It is obvious that the DLC killers are stronger than vanilla killers, anyone who plays a DLC killer (except hag) can kill at least two survivors without any ability whatsoever, now that they buffed the killer so much, there are much more killers than survivors (polar opposite of what was happening a few years ago). They still refuse to make progression faster to make the game more fun and usually don't release patches or new killers without a paywall. The same graphical and gameplay issues continued, little more elements were added and it is still a simple game. Hasn't changed much, they just completely shifted the meta to killers as people tend to pay more money to get them probably.

Second time I'm uninstalling, probably the last. It was fun while it lasted, with a player-base dying so fast it won't endure another year.

Comments

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    DrozenB said:

I used to play during the first year since launch, quitted because survivors were dropping all the hooks (that didn't repair at all). During this time there were much more survivor players than killers.
    Recently I downloaded the game again, played for a few weeks. It is obvious that the DLC killers are stronger than vanilla killers, anyone who plays a DLC killer (except hag) can kill at least two survivors without any ability whatsoever, now that they buffed the killer so much, there are much more killers than survivors (polar opposite of what was happening a few years ago). They still refuse to make progression faster to make the game more fun and usually don't release patches or new killers without a paywall. The same graphical and gameplay issues continued, little more elements were added and it is still a simple game. Hasn't changed much, they just completely shifted the meta to killers as people tend to pay more money to get them probably.

Second time I'm uninstalling, probably the last. It was fun while it lasted, with a player-base dying so fast it won't endure another year.

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    bye nobody really noticed you anyway
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Might_Oakk said:
    Pretty sure someone said it just reached its highest player count ever on steam today at 54,000.

Not sure where you get dying game from /shrug

Yeah every time someone's quitting they throw that out there trying to make it like the game will miss them. It's a known fact that people come and go from games all the time while other new ones join.

I mean people have been saying WOW has been dying for over 12 years now and League for the past 5.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited September 2018
    Nurse, Billy, Huntress are the top tier among Killers and they're free. 

This game is pay 2 lose when it comes to most Killers.
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    See ya....have a great time.
  • michaelmyers87
    michaelmyers87 Member Posts: 458
    You’re paying for the perks really. 

• michaelmyers87
    Have you ever been rank one killer? Otherwise you have to right to an opinion. No right to vent about this game. No right to say anything. 
  • Chrona
    Chrona Member Posts: 245

@michaelmyers87 said:
    Have you ever been rank one killer? Otherwise you have to right to an opinion. No right to vent about this game. No right to say anything. 

Ah, yes, the good ol' "are you the best at the game? No? Then your opinion is invalid" argument. Almost as bad as the "you think violent video games are alright? You must consume the media and thus your opinion is invalid." argument back in the day.

The state psychologists' from the 90's would like their logic back. Also, hard to take such a silly statement seriously when it's riddled with grammatical errors.

On topic, as others have said, most of the best killers are free. You buy the DLC characters because 1, their perks, 2, they seem fun to play to you, or 3, maybe you want to support the game more than the initial purchase.

And no characters, other than the ones from other creators (with the exception of bill from left 4 dead) are locked purely behind a paywall. You can, with relative ease, earn characters from merely playing the game. This also acts as a breath of fresh content if you haven't bought any with money. I didn't buy the new killer with money, merely from the iridescent shards you can earn in game. They've even stated they've contacted the owners of the other IPs to see if they would be interested in converting some of the characters to also have the option to obtain them purely in game.

And no content, other than the characters themselves, of patches are locked behind a paywall. You don't need to own the saw chapter in order to play on the game, or the spirit to play on her new map. Graphical issues? Honestly, I've had 2 graphical issues with the entire game, and that was purely due to me having a weak graphics card at the time (specifically the preschool and the room in the game with all the maggots on the pig's head. Really took a hit to the FPS there). And frankly, this game works because it is simple at it's core. Why do you think this game was and is successful when friday the 13th and evolve both totally died? Mechanically, it's the simplest, and that helps it. Price helped too. And I'm willing to bet people don't typically buy the auric cells to buy specific characters, and instead usually buy the chapter....which has both the killer and the survivor.

• michaelmyers87
    Chrona said:

@michaelmyers87 said:

Ah, yes, the good ol' "are you the best at the game? No? Then your opinion is invalid" argument. Almost as bad as the "you think violent video games are alright? You must consume the media and thus your opinion is invalid." argument back in the day.

The state psychologists' from the 90's would like their logic back. Also, hard to take such a silly statement seriously when it's riddled with grammatical errors.

On topic, as others have said, most of the best killers are free. You buy the DLC characters because 1, their perks, 2, they seem fun to play to you, or 3, maybe you want to support the game more than the initial purchase.

And no characters, other than the ones from other creators (with the exception of bill from left 4 dead) are locked purely behind a paywall. You can, with relative ease, earn characters from merely playing the game. This also acts as a breath of fresh content if you haven't bought any with money. I didn't buy the new killer with money, merely from the iridescent shards you can earn in game. They've even stated they've contacted the owners of the other IPs to see if they would be interested in converting some of the characters to also have the option to obtain them purely in game.

And no content, other than the characters themselves, of patches are locked behind a paywall. You don't need to own the saw chapter in order to play on the game, or the spirit to play on her new map. Graphical issues? Honestly, I've had 2 graphical issues with the entire game, and that was purely due to me having a weak graphics card at the time (specifically the preschool and the room in the game with all the maggots on the pig's head. Really took a hit to the FPS there). And frankly, this game works because it is simple at it's core. Why do you think this game was and is successful when friday the 13th and evolve both totally died? Mechanically, it's the simplest, and that helps it. Price helped too. And I'm willing to bet people don't typically buy the auric cells to buy specific characters, and instead usually buy the chapter....which has both the killer and the survivor.

Nice try buddy. If you’ve never been ranknone killer you don’t know ######### about this game. You simply don’t. 
  • michaelmyers87
    I got to rank one killer never using nurse hillbilly or huntress. 
  • michaelmyers87
    I started as a survivor main for 6 months. Then switched to killer.  And it wasn’t until I learned how to beat rank 1 survivors that I understood this game. And it made me a better survivor also. So many people complain about this game don’t even have a clue. 
  • michaelmyers87
    And if you’re a survivor main who has barely played killer then you are so far from understanding this game.
  • Killigma
    Killigma Member Posts: 372

@DrozenB said:
    It is obvious that the DLC killers are stronger than vanilla killers, anyone who plays a DLC killer (except hag) can kill at least two survivors without any ability whatsoever.

You are completely right, buy Freddy DLC and you will see how easy this game is, it is ridicules!

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Killigma said:

@DrozenB said:
    It is obvious that the DLC killers are stronger than vanilla killers, anyone who plays a DLC killer (except hag) can kill at least two survivors without any ability whatsoever.

You are completely right, buy Freddy DLC and you will see how easy this game is, it is ridicules!

Freddy p2w pls nurf
  • Cardinal_Copia
    Cardinal_Copia Member Posts: 139
    Oh no...please don't go... :(
  • EqMonkVeeshan
    EqMonkVeeshan Member Posts: 416

@DrozenB said:

@DrozenB said:

considering they just set a new peak record for the game on steam dying isn't something that is gonna happen any time soon.

• EqMonkVeeshan
    EqMonkVeeshan Member Posts: 416

@Might_Oakk said:
    Pretty sure someone said it just reached its highest player count ever on steam today at 54,000.

Not sure where you get dying game from /shrug

55,532 peak

• Crythor
    Crythor Member Posts: 296
    edited September 2018

Killer wait times are long because its double bloodpoint event and spirit dlc just got released. It will go back to normal soon. Very nice conclusion drawn between killer wait times and them being OP. LoL do you even think for one second?

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    DrozenB said:

see you next friday