What Next Original Character Do You Want?

Options
WiseguyKy
WiseguyKy Member Posts: 18
edited July 2020 in Polls

I was wondering if given a say, what would the community like to see BHVR design for the next original character. We have a clown, Samurai, gunslinger, etc.. already and I thought about what other tropes or killer categories they could go into for a fresh killer, while not encroaching on the identity of an existing one.

Here are some of my Ideas, let me know what you think:

• Insectoid (think District 9)
  • Pirate
  • Banshee
  • Windigo
  • Werewolf
  • Troll
  • Vampire
  • Demon/possessed
  • Gargoyle
  • Evil knight

Would like to see any of these as possible killers? Which ones stand out to you or do you have other ideas?

Post edited by WiseguyKy on

Comments

• TerminatorGuy
    TerminatorGuy Member Posts: 434
    Options

Werewolf would be nice. Ones I want to see personally are an Egyptian mummy/pharaoh or like a Yeti creature

• Psychic1337
    Psychic1337 Member Posts: 29
    Options

Definitely a wendigo, that would be awesome, and personally I think dead by daylight could use some more scary looking killers.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    edited July 2020
    Options

The Hag is a Wendigo. I am pretty sure, anyway. Fits the description.

I would love a plague doctor or a knight killer. That would be awesome, seeing some decayed, rotting knight chasing someone... something like a dark souls undead.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,166
    Options

Insectoid - Would be cool, and they have certainly considered it due to a PayDay 2 mask called the Clawer that was put in as cross promotion, but I could see it being hard to work with.

Pirate - Yes. Would love.

Banshee - As cool as that would be, we have enough ghost-like Killers.

Wendigo - Is Hag really that rare? Everything she is (aside from power) screams Wendigo.

Werewolf - Of all of these, this is the one I'd be most excited for. Think of the possibilities.

Troll - We have enough of those already. Jokes aside, trolls are more fantasy than they are horror (yes, werewolves are fantasy too, but they are more horror to me).

Vampire - The standard Dracula-esque vampire is really boring to me. If they did make a vampire, I'd prefer a Jiangshi.

Demon/possessed - I had a dream recently about a Killer who isn't aware of it due to the evil possessing him (and the forums wouldn't allow me to post it anywhere so I have what I remember saved in a Google Doc). Not exactly high on my list, but that did happen.

Gargoyle - As much as I love gargoyles, they have the same issue trolls have. They're more horror than trolls, but they're still more fantasy than horror.

Evil Knight - This is what I thought we were getting with Demise of the Faithful. I'd like to see it for real.

As for what I personally want, some sort of fallen angel-like creature (or someone with delusions of such grandeur) would be interesting to see.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

Evil Knight.

• Blue_Archer33
    Blue_Archer33 Member Posts: 318
    Options

Wendigo, hands-down. I want to see Urban Legend/Mythology play into the game.

• CKaraffa2020
    CKaraffa2020 Member Posts: 4
    Options

Would love a werewolf as killer. The werewolf's power can be a sprint and pounce to cause damage to survivors.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

None of the above, I want a viking with a big battle axe.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited July 2020
    Options

As far as original concepts go I want to see a Fire Fighter as a killer, wielding a fireman's axe and bestowed with some kind of Pyromancy and smoke / ash related abilities by the entity.

That or a Scarecrow as a killer, who can set up duplicates of himself that he can teleport between, add-ons change whether or not the duplicates exude a terror radius (and therefore are affected by all terror radius perks) or if they're completely silent. Equipped with a grim and gruesome Scythe as a weapon.

One other idea is that of a Soldier killed in the Civil and / or Revolutionary war. He would be an officer and could potentially be equipped with a Cavalry Sabre as his primary weapon.

Another is a narcissistic French Nobleman from the 18th century who one day met a beautiful young woman who was the only person who could distract him from himself. But one day he accidentally kills her or is in some way responsible for her untimely death and wild in his grief goes on a murder spree with a Rapier he was skillfully trained with. He would be dressed in fancy rich clothes for the time and wears Masquerade style mask over his eyes or perhaps a mask which only covers one eye or half his face a-la Phantom of the Opera. (Gothic / vintage style chapter)

I don't have a killer in mind for this last idea but I'd love to see this power or some variation of it make it into the game: Killer can jump into lockers (and would be the only killer to see from a third person perspective, same view as a survivor in a locker) and after a short duration loses his terror radius. After which point the auras of other lockers are revealed and he can teleport between them. Exiting a locker slowly will give the killer the undetectable Status effect for some 15 or 20 seconds, quick exiting a locker will increase the killers movement speed by 20% for a total of 135% for 10 seconds, if he initiates a chase but doesn't get a hit he is automatically put into Bloodlust tier 1.

It's not a perfect idea and could use some changes, but something I'd like to see. The most important feature of it would be for the killer to be able to jump in lockers, which I provided my own spins and twists on the traditional idea by allowing the killer to teleport between them and giving him abilities depending on how he exits them.

I think about these things but don't get a chance to talk about them too often.

• V1V3
    V1V3 Member Posts: 87
    Options

Most of the killers in game are human with some ability. And if they added classical killers like werewolves, vampires, and mummies, the roster will start to look like it consists of Scooby Doo villains.

• ExiledJason
    ExiledJason Member Posts: 2
    Options

I wouldn't mind seeing a Werewolf/Wendigo, I think that would be fun!! If they take the Vampire route Buffy The Vampire Slayer is the way to go, not original. <3

• Paina
    Paina Member Posts: 231
    Options

Pirate and Evil Knight

• TheMr
    TheMr Member Posts: 6
    Options

One not Listed that I would like to see, as an Original in fact, is a Machine like killer. I know about the Hype and Rumors of Springtrap and FNAF in general. However even before I heard of that, I was wondering if they would ever consider adding something like Terminator, Ghost in the Machine(No not the Anime), Death Machine or Hardware. Could be neat!

• Halun
    Halun Member Posts: 177
    Options

A transformation-based Dracula would be really cool.

Dracula could turn into a swarm of bats to move faster (similar to spirit maybe?) Or could turn into fog to phase through windows and pallets. Heck, they could even add in some sort of flashlight counter-play (like flashing him in swarm form knocks him out temporarily, something like that.)

Just throwing out ideas. There's a lot of potential though!

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    Options

I was thinking more of a killer like with a pet hound. I dont know what it would do but when i saw the death slinger intro. I thought about a rabbid dog now the devs said they wouldn't make a killer that walks on all 4 but its not a killer