The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Disconnecting survivors ruin the game whether i`m playing killer or survivor.

2»

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited September 2018

I wish we could nerf infinite, self-sustaining heals, but the majority of Survivors are either implicitly or explicitly in favor of keeping their objectively and demonstrably broken perks/mechanics.

For Killers to be scary you'd have to take away the majority of notifications, but SWF just shits on that anyway, and Survivors don't want to lose SWF either. Alternatively, you could buff Killers to the point that chases don't last longer than 30 seconds under the best conditions, but the same problem arises - Survivors don't want that.

• Toecutter
    Toecutter Member Posts: 56

as a survivor when i play half of them disconnect And playing as killer well if i stand still for 10 seconds they just run rings around me

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

I actually dont think self care is such a big problem.

IF i were to change something, i would change SWF, and make it an option you can Choose to accept. If you do (as a killer), you get some kind of Bonus. Additional BP for example, but better some ingame-advantage, like additional perk slots, or something else. Due to that, even solo player may join the swf-option, because they get a bigger challenge. I doubt that in an all-solo-player game without outside communication the advantages are that big.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    sulaiman said:

I actually dont think self care is such a big problem.

IF i were to change something, i would change SWF, and make it an option you can Choose to accept. If you do (as a killer), you get some kind of Bonus. Additional BP for example, but better some ingame-advantage, like additional perk slots, or something else. Due to that, even solo player may join the swf-option, because they get a bigger challenge. I doubt that in an all-solo-player game without outside communication the advantages are that big.

That simply wouldn't work. Too many killers would opt out and it create too many new problems. SWF isn't as big of a problem as Self Care. Even with teamwork there's a commute to the injured ally. Self Care with solo players is the larger problem.
  • sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

I disagree. As solo player, often you are not healed by your teammates, unless they just unhooked you, then maybe. But taking a hit and running away?

I prestiged a char, and she didn´t get self care so far. Since i play mostly solo, i decided to farm bp with another char, and then use her when she found self care in the bloodweb, simply because after the first hit, i had no mither without benefit for the rest of the game, and it happend several times now.