so since the new dbd survey mentioned Anime/Manga as possibility's what killer/survivors would you

Options

what killers or survivors from Manga and Anime would you like?

Answers

• kylerabdcgamer10
    kylerabdcgamer10 Member Posts: 279
    Options

yaaa those could be cool, and if its a ghoul it can be an original character, and the survivor would be the main character of Tokyo ghoul, i forgot his name......its been a while

• 1anioh
    1anioh Member Posts: 62
    edited July 2020
    Options

Keiichi as the survivor from Higurashi: When They Cry. And make Rika the killer. Or the shrine spirit thing lol.

Eta: Miyo is the main killer of the series and would make a good stalking killer in the game, but Rika is the main catalyst for all of the deaths/infections/shrine ghost and thusly why I vote for her. Her forced ignorance kills everyone. Thank you for coming to my tedtalk.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

Awww man that's a difficult choice. There are so many terrific options.

Hunter x Hunter has a lot of great characters. So maybe something from that series?

Guts from Berserk would also be pretty sweet. But knowing Guts, he'd devour and defecate the survivors within two minutes of the match starting lol.

• Deathslinger
    Deathslinger Member Posts: 570
    Options

Just pick any yandere girl and I’ll be terrified. I suspect she might come loaded with new obsession perks <_<

• xTalon32
    xTalon32 Member Posts: 413
    edited July 2020
    Options

If it was anime, I'd have to say Tokyo Ghoul without question, with Rize Kamishiro (The Glutton) as the killer, and Kaneki Ken as the survivor while he's human.

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756
    Options

Ugandan Knuckles

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310
    Options

Edward Elric, even if it's just a standalone DLC. But there is a lot of people who could be the Killer.

• Thatsmartguy
    Thatsmartguy Member Posts: 188
    Options

A ghoul from Tokyo ghoul and Ken kaneki as a survivor. If not a monster of some sort from Another and the chick with the eye patch as a survivor.

• malatruse
    malatruse Member Posts: 783
    Options

IIRC there weren't any visible monsters in Another, just unseen things causing deadly accidents and such, so not sure how that could work.

As for what I'd enjoy seeing, something based on Blood the Last Vampire would be cool.

• PhantasmBlast
    PhantasmBlast Member Posts: 2
    Options

Junko Enoshima/Monokuma from Danganronpa tbh. I have a burning hate for Tokyo Ghoul for... Very personal reasons.

• Mason_Cheryl
    Mason_Cheryl Member Posts: 16
    Options

Bring Gantz.

Our survivor none other than Kei Kurono the bad ass.

The monsters would be either this 2

From anime/animation gantz 0

• GirlbossRaptor
    GirlbossRaptor Member Posts: 13
    Options

I would love to have a diclonius from Elfen Lied as a killer.

• HarleyQuinn
    HarleyQuinn Member Posts: 247
    Options

Uzumaki by Jinu Ito and all the survivors slowly turn into spirals LMAO 😂

• one_cool_guy
    one_cool_guy Member Posts: 6
    Options

Please give me Sephiroth from FF7 as the new killer!!!

• Tactical_Demon_2
    Tactical_Demon_2 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Light Yagami from Death Note.

Look I know this is a near-impossible addition to the game but this is how I think Light should be portrayed in dbd.

He would be a distance based killer. Instead of actually heading after the survivors he will instead, stand by observing them. Gathering Intel on what they look like, and what their names are to inevitably eviscerate them with the death note.It would most likely be similar to Michael Myers "Stalk" ability, where you would follow the survivors and build up an "Intelligence" meter which when full will bring about the opportunity to potentially kill a survivor. Each survivor will have a different meter (While some players can choose the same survivor this rule still applies) now i'm unsure as to whether or not how quickly he would be able to deduce who the chosen survivor is since he already seems too overpowered. So I'd say 45-60 seconds, but he has to be roughly at least 30 meters within the survivors vicinity to do so.

Also Hooking is still an option of course, not sure what preferred weapon Light would use but Ryuk would do the heavy lifting when carrying survivors to a hook leaving light to do whatever he pleases whilst Ryuk is automatically hauling ass to the closest hook.

Power: The Death Note

As mentioned before the survivors have meters which need to be filled before he can kill them, And he can only focus one survivor at a time. The progress meter will stay the same when switching between survivors.

The survivor will die of a sudden heart attack whence enough Intel is gathered and their name is written in the death note.

Special Ability: Eyes of the Shinigami

Apples can be interacted with across the map revealing the survivors auras if they are within 45-meters of range, Light can then instruct Ryuk to inflict damage to a survivor of his choosing no matter where they are on the map, this survivor will then suffer from the exposed status effect and will be easier to gather Intel from for the rest of the match, even if they're healed.

Can't think of any perks atm but that's what i think Light would be portrayed in dbd. While not being a physically strong killer but powerful nonetheless.

Reading back now this sounds like it wouldn't work but flunk it, I've already typed this much.

Also DIO from Jojo's bizarre adventure:

Slightly slower than other killers because he does his bad ass walk instead.

Special Ability: ZA WARUDO

Stops time for a total of 5 seconds at the start of the game but the more and more he uses it the longer he can use it for. He would only be able to inflict 1 hit to each survivor during time stop, and unlike the source material he can't #########-spam it all he wants. He also moves a bit slower to avoid it being too overpowered.

Special Attack:

His Stand The world can project in front of him an pummel the ######### out of survivors decimating them with his overwhelming power, downing them instantly.

Perks:

Oh? You're Approaching Me?:

Every time a survivor approaches DIO he gains a 5/7/10% movement increase.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,226
    Options

Collaboration with Mashiro Hiro because he did a DBD parody in a Eden's Zero extra chapter lol. Pluu Mask for Trapper!!!!!

While it's nice the devs added such an option in the Survey, I think we cant just ask for ANYTHING, Some stuff might be too... over the top for DBD. But I have no clue what would actually fit.

For some, another "generic masked slasher jason-ripoff" wouldnt cut it, especially if they suffer the "Jason-problem" of having no "easily discernable ability". For Example, i read Tenkuu Shinpaan, in which the most discernable feature of the slashers is their mask, because they're wearning quite normal clothes aside it. Adding the Mask to every Killer in dbd would probably a nicer service than adding another Killer that boils down to Legion. (Okay, a masked pop idol wearing a flamberge twohanded sword would be eye catchy tho)

• letumeur
    letumeur Member Posts: 38
    Options

KIRA YOSHIKAGE from JoJo

I’m not going to describe the entire character here but he likes to cut the hands from his female victims because of his fetish, very much like clown. He’s considered a serial killer of a small Japanese town in the manga. Another cool psychotic bit: He collects and organize by date his nails, from a very young age.

His power comes from his “stand” (a manifestation of his will/soul, basically a ghost following him) which can trasform, by touch, anything as a bomb.

There are other forms of his powers, like “Sheer Heart Attack” which is an indestructible toy, which work as a timed bomb following his target relentlessly

”KILLER QUEEN HAS ALREADY TOUCHED THE GEN” boom*

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

I'm not crazy about the idea of anime in DBD, but... I'm an old weeb. And since Alita was pulled off VERY well in the west (first time I watched it I was like 8 and it terrified me), I'd so be down to see her in DBD.

And for a killer, I'd have to go with:

or if she's too minor then:

or even the big bad:

They could have a lot of fun designing killers. Everything from transforming into part motor bikes, chains, and so on. A technology theme isn't something that has been touched on much outside of Doctor, who was really just about electroshock therapy.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,829
    Options

would have to be Izumi Shimomura from Ajin

would be really cool if some of her skins had her black ghost following behind her- or the killer could just be her black ghost.

• Man_of_triangles
    Man_of_triangles Member Posts: 302
    Options

While it's technically a videogame, the time has come for the Persona chapter.

• Taiga
    Taiga Member Posts: 368
    Options

Junji ito (especially tomie) and corpse party would be amazing.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528
    Options

Light yagami and ryuk as a duo from deathnote. Not sure how it would fit but it seems cool.

• HarleyQuinn
    Options

Lol. I love Sephiroth and Final Fantasy but they definitely don’t belong in DBD. It’s a horror game.

• DetectiveBingBong
    DetectiveBingBong Member Posts: 67
    Options
  • GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,658
    Options

Ken Kaneki?

Honestly I feel like Hide would be better. Eto, the one-eyed Owl, could also be the killer too.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,658
    Options

Dangan could be cool but if we don't get Chiaki I will riot.

Chiaki Nanami deserved better.

• ILoveDemo
    ILoveDemo Member Posts: 681
    Options

OK well I think one of the SCP's could be a good inspiration for a new Original Killer...

And I think as surv. I want Walu... wait wrong game... Shaggy is a good Idea!

• lucid4444
    lucid4444 Member Posts: 682
    Options

Any of the bad guys in Ninja Scroll

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897
    Options

Idk, i love animes and mangas, but cant find in them a serious source for terror icons. Even the terror based animes arent terrifying at all. The style of narrative in mangas is not a proper source or language for terror. The adaptation to dbd would be also poor, given they cant launch a cartooned killer.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    Options

There is basically no counterpart in anime that would fit into the DbD atmosphere, cause such genre doesnt exist. And we dont need any more kinds of Demodoggo, that break with the atmosphere of DbD.

• GodNap
    GodNap Member Posts: 206
    Options

IBM from ajin demi human

• F60_31
    F60_31 Member Posts: 124
    Options

Junji Ito is the only manga artist that fits.

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398
    Options
  • RayrafLPP
    RayrafLPP Member Posts: 621
    Options

OMG that would be to hard.

I would really like to see lucy as a killer (especially young lucy) a child killer would be crazy, but a diclonious would be way to strong and had to be gutted down to be balanced. I dont want a super strong character to be weak just so he fits into this game.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Light from Death Note. I want to put that bastard on hooks. Also, it fits the lore of both the series and the game.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options
  • HarleyQuinn
    Options

Not really. You become immune to the horror aspect, but it’s still horror. Implementing a killer that isn’t even remotely horror wouldn’t work. Like I said, I love Sephiroth and Final Fantasy but they definitely do not belong in DBD. That would be absurd. Not to mention the creator is very picky about his characters & they would not fit in style-wise. (DBD being more realistic, FF7 has the perfect doll-like look) It would never happen or work.