I do not enjoy the concept of "sets"

idk i really like some aspects of the new nea skin but not others and i would love for example instead of using her "head set" i could use her "pastel bob wig head" with the new hoodie that I adore but i can't because "set" i think its kinda lazy from the devs to make a "set" to not have to work on making sure all the cosmetic of the character works together even tho it could look great

for cheryl I kinda understand why her nurse "set" is a "set" as it fundementally change her character somewhat and for her other skins i guess because of issues probably with the franchise contract ectect

but for nea outside of pure lazyness i cannot acknowledge any reason why they would make it a "set"

Comments

• Veen
    Veen Member Posts: 706

This topic was already discussed and CM said their opinion on the matter, for nea they made it a set due to clipping issues.

• Gonourakuto
    Gonourakuto Member Posts: 109

so lazyness they didnt wanted to bother fixing the "clipping" issues

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

You don’t have to like them nor buy them.

those sets are designed to be a set and next to clipping issues there are just design choices like Neas hoodie that prevents mixing it with other cosmetics. It’s really not that big of a deal and actually makes new designs possible like actual dresses etc.

• Gonourakuto
    edited July 2020

You not being able to match diff cosmetic together and not liking doing so , doenst mean others can't and don't aswell , I personally manage to mixed diff cosmetic on all my characters and to good success

i never said they affected gameplay but okay

it matters because like I said I like some aspect of it that I wish I could use without having to use the other aspects that i do not like

well I like aspects of them

If they just tried a tiny bit her hoodie could work well with most of her cosmetic aside her maybe "beanie" heads , tbh her current set "head set" i am pretty sure might have been harder to make work with the hoodie than it would be to make most of her other heads to work with it lol , I can see very easily most of her other head pieces aside her beanie ones work to great success with the hoodie , such wasted potential on lazyness

look at claudette she has wonderful dresses that arent a part of forceful sets , so can nea , new design are very much possible without forceful "sets"

Post edited by Gonourakuto on
  • 6yXJI0
    6yXJI0 Member Posts: 589

Never liked how people mix their outfits. Its bad in 90% of cases and indeed out of place. There are some exeptions but i still prefer single piece outfits. They look good and unique.

• UseTheValve
    UseTheValve Member Posts: 350

I like them because it give more freedom to the artist to create cooler skin, to each their own.

And I mean I like that they will do both linked and unlinked one.

• 6yXJI0
    6yXJI0 Member Posts: 589

You have no idea how those things work. The way her skin was build, makes it unique and different from other cosmetics, but exclude the ability to mix with other cosmetics. Look at the pants and a shirt and the hood. There are no skins like that, thus making this one a Unique one.

• Gonourakuto

personal point of view that not everyone shares

I fail to see how it gives them more "freedom" the new nea skin isnt anything insanely diff from her other ones and could very easily combine with most of her other cosmetics, if it was vastly diff why not i could understand the freedom thingy but it isnt

• Gonourakuto
    edited July 2020

neither do you , and like i said above the skin isnt this diff from her other skins in concept , its pretty easy to see that if they just tried it would be easy to make it work her other cosmetic

the pants even in its current state could work with most of her other chest pieces you not being able to see it through a lack of simple imagination isnt a issue of mine and even if its truly an issue they could just modify it a tiny bit by making it less tall on the chest to make it work , poof problem solved

the hoodie is even less an issue than the long chest eating pants

Post edited by Gonourakuto on
  • Bloodwidow
    Bloodwidow Member Posts: 190

Full sets are nice as an option but I hope the creativity to mix outfits don't get lost by this new feature. After seeing that the Nea outfit is just a complete set, I refused to buy it.

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

it's just sad that they didn't thought of it when releasing bunny Feng, which was a skin that people wanted for so long and it was actually kinda bad.

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

It opens up more opportunities for unique clothing. Some can’t be made separate because of aforementioned clipping issues & may look rather unfinished if combined with other clothing.

• Gonourakuto

I like bunny feng kinda its not great but it isnt bad either

yeah I bothered only reading the start and from I read your own msg makes your entire argument even more irrelevant than mine because no one asked for sets either and stuff and mixing cosmetic as always been a part of dbd so whatever

you don't like me talking about then go and stop talking about it why does hurt you that I complain about it ? bye , you don't wanna argue and acknowledge others opinion than and don't come argue on the forums

if only this nea skin was actually this unique that it actually required to be a set but it isnt

• Gonourakuto

you didnt critisize my opinion you said that because no one else speak about it than my opnion was irrelevant , whatever idc the devs wanna be lazy then they are lazy good for them

• UseTheValve
    UseTheValve Member Posts: 350

Well that Nea one has higher waisted pants, a cloak that is basically 2 piece of clothing high. Eventually they might do something cooler with it tho.

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505

I personally think sets are fine - but if you're going to release a full outfit without the ability/freedom to mix and match, it needs to cost less than a normal full outfit.