The Franklins change is to much imo

caz_
caz_ Member Posts: 218
edited July 2020 in General Discussions

ok imagine.. you get chased by the killer get the first hit -> item drops. from now on you have 90 seconds to pick it up back. a chase is in average lets say 30 seconds.

now the killer needs to pick you up, get to a hook and hook you. lets say 10 seconds.

now survivor need to get you from the other side of the map that will probably take again around 20-30 seconds.

now we have around 70 seconds in the worst case. the survivor has now 20 seconds to run to the item and pick it up, depending now where the chase began if is in the other side of the map well.. say goodbye to your item.

the only way to get your item somehow back is someone is hook bombing with borrowed time and you run immideately to the item IF the killers isnt following you. otherwise goodybe item.

its just to much.

the only item i bring in games are medkits now devs pretty much say : f you, go and use selfcare for 40 seconds? that cant be real. i really dont understand what devs trying to do?

a lot of maps got changed, with these changes maps are full with deadzones. now they want people to lose their items. what next? obviously you want to make the game easier for killers, sure thing. but you just nerf everything to hell and killers are again wondering why so many people play in a group.

Devs.. do you try to kill Solo players? i mean.. slowly i really have that feeling you just wanna punish people for playing solo.. and enough is enough i guess? if you keep doing this i will stop playing both sides and just become a killer main.

Comments

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

I have a sneaking suspicion that SWF is the majority of games. Not neccesarily 4stacks, but I'm pretty sure the majority of survivors play with at least one other person.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

I'm not understanding how that's "too much" though.

Items aren't a necessity. They're like little boosts. IDK maybe it's just because I like challenging myself, but I feel like bringing an item is like a crutch. I know that word gets tossed around a lot but set that aside for a second. I feel like while items obviously are helpful, they're not absolutely vital. A lot of people don't run items and still escape and I just feel like if somebody is relying on items to get out every game, they probably aren't that good of a player. Same thing with people who just run around spamming ebony mori and iridescent addons -- it's just for the sake of things being easy. If somebody can take that item and delete it (especially on a 90 second timer) I don't see what's so bad about that, especially because as I said, items aren't a necessity.

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

That change will probably make the perk usable because me when i see a key most of the time i dodge. I could bring franklin but that 1 perk less i could use to slow down the game the trade is not worth it in my opinion

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

SWF, according to dev stats from the past, make up for 70% of matches in some form. 2 man, 3 man, and 4 man.

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

Would you rather killers keep running current franklins with an ivory or ebony Mori and tunnel the key user?

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

It's fine.

• Ziazan
    Ziazan Member Posts: 12

solo will ALWAYS be weaker than SWF, of course a nerf to something on survivor side would be worse for someone that couldnt communicate with their team... duh.

killers need an option to counter items effectively, especially keys. right now, that option is tunnel mori. If anything the franklins change should be more.

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505

Oh no! Killers can ADEQUATELY defend against flashlights/keys! TOO MUCH!

My god, much KEK.

• Zeon_99
    Zeon_99 Member Posts: 463

I really doubt that many killers will run Franklins. Killer perk slots are extremely valuable and most killers already dodge lobbies with keys in them or just bring a mori.

I like the change because whenever people complain about keys, the counter was always "just bring franklins lmao" even though everyone knew it was hot garbage.

• SilentChill
    SilentChill Member Posts: 39

I only run franklins when i see the party is going hardcore: 1Key, 1Med, 1Map, 1Toolbox ... or similar config. Or if i see 4 flashlights, 4Toolboxes. These are super suspicious (4 medkits i dont care about.) There are signs if its a SWF and Franklins is one of my anti-SWF perks. I dont do this to solos ... Honestly it seems okay to me, maybe needlessly complicated. However I dont see this version of Franklins becoming any MORE of a meta perk than the old one. It really is niche.

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505

Bud, the plays that will be possible with Insidious and new franklins on key users will be epic.

• Victor_hensley
    Victor_hensley Member Posts: 800

I love you people who only look at one side and say the other has no problems.

• Snowstruck
    Snowstruck Member Posts: 564

The change needs to come with a white ward rework, if they keep it.

Why?

Because White Wards make you lose the item IF YOU DROP IT anyways.

So if you have an event item, and someone wants to grief- bing bong, your item is gone.

There is no way, if you are getting chased, that you are getting that item back. Unless you're with friends and ask them to pick it up for you.

• Funguu
    Funguu Member Posts: 88

Counters for the new Franklins:

- run plunderers

- Have a friend pick up the item for you

- Drop the item yourself before the chase starts

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,790

That's optimistic. If a killer is going to tunnel someone because they have a key they'll probably still tunnel them after they lose their key because they had the nerve to bring the key in the first place. To me this just looks like a straight up buff. I don't think it has anything to do with tunneling. Franklin's isn't effective against toolboxes and keys in particular, but with this change it will be.

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054

It's fine

Stop crying

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

Ok, but no one is gonna run franklin's still. If you want to counter an item, which is usually a flashlight, you just bring lightborn now.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Timer should pause when the survivor who dropped the item is either on the hook or in the dying state.

• PissedWraithMain
    PissedWraithMain Member Posts: 93

90% of the time you're not gonna have the privilege to decide when a chase will start, you're just gonna start running when the killer pops up.

• handfulofrain
    handfulofrain Member Posts: 317

If only you had 3 teammates to heal you.

• Redhawk_uk2
    Redhawk_uk2 Member Posts: 53

Yeah cause currently if I see a key in the lobby I usually put on an ivory or dodge.

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652

If you kill the original 4 survivours (Dwight, Meg, Jake, Claudette) like 20 times a piece, you unlock their face to wear. Its his only cosmetics outside of his default and prestige. 😊

• LegioPotatica
    LegioPotatica Member Posts: 50

Bruh ngl that is such a neat lil mechanic, I might have to give him a shot once he gets his boost

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

There was no excuse to begin with. You wanted to tunnel so you tunneled, just own up to adopting this playstyle instead of trying to justify it as if it's something you were forced to do and out of your hands.

• FaceCampinBuba
    FaceCampinBuba Member Posts: 50

I love to camp your face in the basement, Hear me roar!

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488

That's so stupid if they know it will disappear they will make sure you dont get it

• Komodo16

You do realize items are in the game for a reason and first if you chase a good killer you're guaranteed to get hit but what if you loop him all game?! Ive done that while injured and to think I get. punished for not killing myself is ######### and if this is the new Franklin's then we need a perk to delete killer add ons mid game if we escape a chase then or something because I have NOT stocked up SO MANY ITEMS TO LOSE THEM TO BAD KILLERS

• Komodo16

Really? Thats funny killers and survs lose add-ons but not we get to lose our item mid game for doing good? Ok. Or even better killera don't lose their power by a perk of ours! So why should we lose an item especially if ITEMS WERE REWORKED TO NEVER BE LOST UNLESS YOU DIE?!

• Maelstrom10
    Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922

And yet it also encourages tunneling, whilst also being a big ol buff to trapper and hag of all things.

you get the item on the ground. you chase the survivor. you can see the item, the survivor cannot. go back as hag or trapper, place a darkened trap as trapper, or a normal trap as hag. they go back to pickup the item? dead/can't due to the trap.

if you see the items aura dissapear? you know where the survivor has gone to, and there also likely injured in order to attempt to pick up their item in time - tunnel and hook again/slug out ds then hook again.

I'm not saying its a bad perk rework, but from the description with only the killer seeing the aura of the item? (without plunderers?) its very very strong and actually gives awareness to the killer. also discourages completely the bringing in of rarer items like event flashlights etc as you could lose them forever even with a white ward.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

The Franklin's Demise change was needed, but it came too late.

Now, a portion of survivors don't even bring in add-ons, knowing they'll lose them when the match ends without Ace in the Hole

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

But everyone can see its aura... and recover it before it is lost... I don't see how this is a problem. And it is a shadow nerf to items that is desperately needed, as they are way too forgiving...

Not only that, it needs a basic attack to make it work.

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897

The item being taken by the Entity is a strong way to make this perk really useful. Going back for the item is a piece of cake when out of chase, rendering the perk almost useless when countered. If the item now disappears, the survivor also get a "temporary second objective", stalling the game to retrieve the item.

The Lightborn buff will be a tiny OP, imo, tough.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

If you loop them all game then they aren't a good killer. Be glad you do that, not upset about losing an item.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

All problems in dbd can be broken down to SWF. If the devs would balance SWF, they could buff solos again.

• Valor188917
    Valor188917 Member Posts: 649

complete solo players are an ABSOLUTE minority in this game.

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708

How about use a brain and jump into a locker if you value an item more than playing that round... You already used a silly offering to save your items, thus you think you are going to die anyway, jump in the locker so the killer cannot hit you.

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636

I already loved using Franklin's if only because it's so much easier to down a survivor when you know 9/10 will try to loop you around the item they lost so they can grab it.

I love that perk so much and this change is perk.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

Well to be fair, he is just asking if it is fair that, if he can run the killer for more than a generator worth of time, he loses his item due to the chase being longer than the perk effect.

The fact that up to 3 gens or the second round of gens could pop in that time and he probably already is close to escaping isn't the matter here. /s

If he can manage to buy that much time simply by carrying a maybe brown item, isn't enough, it seems.