Why are Cakes more rare now?

Options
Nebula
Nebula Member Posts: 1,394

I understand that they made getting event items more common now in the bloodwebs which I love, but I shouldn't be spending 100k+ to find one cake in a bloodweb when just a week ago I was getting nearly 3 every single one.

This event is honestly getting more and more discouraging.

Comments

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

Yeah, since I play survivor with someone regularly I have been taking my level 40 survivors to 50 each time I run out of survivor cakes. It only nets me about 4-7 cakes. Where as on the killer side, since I have so many at 0, I get about 40 from 0-50. Which means at some point I'm going to put a lot of time into Demogorgon. I was lacking certain skills on Ghost Face so I continued to pump points into him after 50, and I think I have about 65, since they get considerably more numerous on the killer's side after 50.

They really shouldn't have reduced them.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,651
    Options

The thing is, it was either keep item spawns low or make cakes rarer so items could be more common. People complained items were too rare so they changed it; in the end it was a lose lose scenario however.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

Took my cheryl 22 levels to get 3 cakes my Jane had 3 at lvl 7 but my pyramid head has around 22 and he's level 28 or 29 just luck of draw on surviver side but killer much easier most of my killers are stacked.

• Nebula
    Options

Yeah I understand, but I'm just a bp ######### and want as many cakes as possible lol

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,651
    Options

Perfectly understandable lol

Personally I'm a ######### for Beamers

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505
    Options

If you REALLY want bloodpoints, you shouldn't be playing survivor anyway.

I've got a MINIMUM of 50 cakes on each killer. Nearly 200 on Doc, Freddy, Wraith and Clown, and a min of 50 on everyone else. You'll find usually 3-4 (sometimes 5 if you include mystery boxes) on high level bloodwebs for killer.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

I mean yes, but no. We need people to play survivor so we can play killer. The BP gains with BBQ and 5 cakes is just insane. I'm even happy to verse a 4 man SWF, because cake cake cake cake cake~~~*

Really though, I'd trade in all my flashlights and med kits for more cake. I need BP. scratches

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,429
    edited July 2020
    Options

Not sure how people are having these low rates, I'm netting at least 1 if not 2 or 3 on every single web back to back. Very rare for me to ever see a web without even 1.

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629
    Options

i am saddened by the rare cakes for survivors. I didn’t really care for the low drop rates of items but oh well

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Its so weird people are having this issue as ive noticed no chznge at all on xbox. Im getting 1 to 3 per blood web and occasionally 0. At this point ive got a couple hundred saved up over almost all killers (30 to 40 each roughly).

On my end it seems 0 and 4 on a bloodweb are outliers with most bloodwebs having 1,2 or 3

• OldWiseOne
    OldWiseOne Member Posts: 159
    Options

no change on my end, whether thats p1-p3 survivor or killer, im getting just as many as normal but all i see is mori`s being used atm, like how sad

• Nebula
    Options

It is really depressing to see 4 cakes pop up then the last offering doesn't flip :/

• darwinsbrain
    darwinsbrain Member Posts: 99
    edited July 2020
    Options

This is true. While I like having a few event items they are just yellow med kits and flashlights. Cakes are what we need!

• OldWiseOne
    OldWiseOne Member Posts: 159
    Options

i just back out lol, im sorry but if a killer is going to use a mori during an event when everyone else puts on BP offerings id rather back out and find a new game. i normally wouldnt mind the odd mori but during an event and this common? not to mention they ALWAYS tunnel and mori off first hook no matter how well the games in their favor, best to just close the game down and keep my stuff and find a fun event game. same goes for keys or haddonfield offerings tho

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870
    Options

You are right but got about 255+ cakes on claudette so it doesnt matter to me

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

I’m seeing cakes every on every other bloodweb, sometimes two on one web.

And also, yes. Doesn’t help that every Killer that brings a Mori is more than likely playing the “tunnel off the hook then kill game”. Hurts my soul knowing that we can both benefit and get WAYYY more points by playing a regular casual game. I’d even allow a Killer to kill me, I just want points.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

I have used moris in games with cakes however I only use it in the hope it takes the key I saw in the lobby out of the game, I don't use it on anyone else even if it's an ebony. I agree that moris and keys should not be used during the event.

• Ziazan
    Ziazan Member Posts: 12
    Options

now it seems like i see 4 event items in almost every game and i'm lucky if two survivors bring a cake

• whiteixal
    whiteixal Member Posts: 23
    Options

The thing for the survivor is that they have a chance of getting the flashlight, medkit and the cake meanwhile the only event stuff you get as a killer is the cake. As a survivor you will often see the scenario of only getting a flashlight and medkit, even at lvl 50 bloodweb. Event item is cool an all, but at the end everyone prefers the cake.

• Nebula
    Options

Exactly, the event items are just simply yellow flashlights and medkits that are reskinned and have an effect on them, nice for the moment, but nobody's going to be using them a couple months from now.

Cakes on the other hand provide actual value, and if you can stack enough can be using them for quite a while and takes a lot away from the grueling grind this game has.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    Options

There are still more than enough gateaus in the bloodweb. Think about it: in one game with all gateaus you get BPs enough for three bloodwebs. Also there are still possible three gateaus plus a good chance of a brown box.