What's the point of the Bloodpoint cap?

Options

Hi, I'm playing today and suddenly I noticed that I crossed the points limit. That should be one million. Has the limit been increased or is this an error I would not like to lose points?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Comments

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776
    Options

To track bloodpoints more easily and detect hackers.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

I remember a while ago it was there to disrupt hackers, but I believe that has shifted more towards making the player not stock up and instantly P3 Level 50 a character in a single spending spree. 😊

• Maelstrom10
    Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922
    Options

Bloodpoint cap is an old (and rather outdated) mechanic that was implemented so that players, when a new chapter came out would never have too much of a headstart on others.

however, with the implementation of the archives and iri-shards to bp through perks purchased in the shrine, players can very quickly amass and hold on standby, bloodpoints upwards of the 1mil cap. Otzdarva did this on stream before the release of pyramid head and was able to very quickly get p head to level 50, and would of been able to get cheryl likely to level 50 too had he used them all at once (however he waited to use his bp offerings on p head, to prestige him and get him to p3 in under a day or something along those lines.)

Old rather outdated mechanic. don't see a point to it personally, expecially since if a player wants/wishes to continously save up their points, their putting themselves at a detriment due to a higher likelehood of running out of specific items, addons and offerings. unless you already have a giant amount stockpiled up that is.

• CybeRetr0
    CybeRetr0 Member Posts: 9
    Options

But I'm interested in why I'm gaining more points despite the limit?

• NMCKE
    Options

You can bypass the limit if Customer Support give you compensation for loss of progress. 😊

• CybeRetr0
    Options

But I didn't lose anything today, I turned on the game and played and exceeded the limit.

• CybeRetr0
    Options

That's why I went here to ask if the limit was accidentally canceled or what was happening.

• NMCKE
    edited July 2020
    Options

Sorry to disappoint, but I have no idea what the problem could be. I haven't touched DBD since late March and there could've been some exceptions to the limit that I'm unaware of.

The only way, from what I can remember months ago, is that Customer Support gives you compensation BP from loss of progress. You can also hack above 1,000,000 (I don't condone nor support hacking), but I believe that's impossible because EAC would detect you're above the limit without authorization and perma ban you.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776
    Options

You simply received a blood point gift for the 4th anniversary event.

• Schlute6969
    Schlute6969 Member Posts: 129
    Options

Today the amount of 444,444 points was gifted to the community basically as an apology for the cakes being bugged along with extending the event. You had a million before but these gifted bloodpoints from them allow you to go past the limit but only with their gift. If you try to play a game with your points you have now you won’t be able to go past it.

• CybeRetr0
    Options

It's not a hack, I've never dropped anything like that, the antichet doesn't detect anything.

Probably a coincidence can be serious or I don't know :(

• TheOhioHutcH
    TheOhioHutcH Member Posts: 178
    Options

It was a daily login bonus behaviors gift for screwing up the event cakes for the first week and because you got the gift it went past the blood point cap to make sure you got it cause the devs did it

• Schlute6969
    Schlute6969 Member Posts: 129
    Options

No problem! You can use them or save them but you won’t be able to gain anymore bloodpoints until you spend enough to go back below the million cap again.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

So that players can't hack over the bloodpoint count without the devs consent.

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708
    Options

It was introduced back in 2016 to fight people cheating by editing the save file that was locally saved on your drive.

It was that easy.

Besides, they introduced another bp "bak" for Dev issued gifts and conpenstations.

The counter of the BP you see in the upper right corner is a sum of your normal, 1 milion bo limited account and the unlimited gift one.

You can have over a milion in a gift account and you will still be able to gain more as long as your limited one isnt capped at 1 mil right now. In case of your screen, you have 1 milion in your normal storage and 444,444 in the gift one, which equals to a sum of 1,444,444.

Also, as far as I know, if you start sending bp it first takes the bp from your normal storage then if you delete it, it takes from the gift one. This was done in case of receiving 50+ millions of bp, back in the day as compensation for lost saves, thus you wouldnt have to spend all sum before you could play again without losing on bp gain.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options

The gifted blood points are on a separate "account". Your normal bloodpoints have the 1 mio cap, the "bonus bloodpoints" are added on top of that. That is to avoid that you are already at cap and just for bad luck don't get the reward as you exceed the limit.

That also means that if you got 900k, you are stacked to 1.344.444 BP and still can collect another 100k on top. Unfortunately I noticed that bonus BP get spent first. So if you are on 1.444.444 then you cannot spend up to 444.444 and get back to 1.444.444 afterwards

• Koukdw
    Koukdw Member Posts: 279
    edited July 2020
    Options

It has nothing to do with hacker. Hacker can use the bonus bp slot too to add bloodpoint. It's to avoid p3 killers day one with all perks to tier 3 i think.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

The 444,444 was a gift from bhvr for the anniversary and nothing more

• nilbog
    nilbog Member Posts: 3
    Options

I was wondering what would have happened if I had 1,000,000 when receiving the gift. Nice to know they gift it regardless of being capped.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

It was originally implemented to easily spot save editors.

So it's generally there for against cheaters.

And with hackers taking over DC punishments, i'd wager it'll stay for another while, just to be safe.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

I still think we should get a Blood Bank to store points past 1 million.